Where are the Fiscal Conservatives? GOP Tax Bill Adds $1.7T to Debt

Republicans rejected "Pay as you go" legislation.

They passed the largest expansion to Medicare without properly funded it. It adds to the deficit every year since.

Like the Bush tax cuts did.

If the Republicans really want to get elected they would start eliminating cuts for the wealthy until the bill is debt neutral.

They passed the largest expansion to Medicare without properly funded it. It adds to the deficit every year since.

I don't remember when Obama tried to repeal it. Do you?

He’s not a fiscal conservative is he ?

Whether he is or not, you would never be able to tell!

If the Republicans really want to get elected they would start eliminating cuts for the wealthy until the bill is debt neutral.

Obviously not.

Obama included taxes to pay for ObamaCare.

When the Republicans created their own trillion dollar government medical entitlement plan, they did not raise the revenues to pay for it.

Like RealDave said, they rejected pay as you go. In fact, they REPEALED PayGo as soon as they got the chance, and exploded our debt.

The stench of hypocrisy sticks to the GOP.

Looks like your tu quoque "B-b-b-b-but Obama!" bullshit doesn't fly! :lol:

Did he include enough? He also said every family would save $2500 a year.
It's obvious his ignorance of economics included ignorance of math.

When the Republicans created their own trillion dollar government medical entitlement plan, they did not raise the revenues to pay for it.

That's awful! The Dems should push to repeal it or to raise taxes to pay for it.

No one ever accused Obama of being a fiscal conservative. Republicans lay claim to that moniker, which makes them the hypocrites.

I said all during the 2008 campaign that Obama was writing checks the American people couldn't cash.

After the economy collapsed, I said the one silver lining in that disaster was that Obama couldn't do all the pie-in-sky bullshit government dependency spending he wanted to do.

And then along came ObamaCare...

I called that one a "bait and switch con". Obama's claim that the ACA would not add one single dime to the federal debt was an even bigger lie than "you can keep your doctor".

But the Republicans didn't even try to pretend to pay for Medicare Part D. That was an out and out bribe of the senior vote to get Bush and the GOP Congress re-elected in 2004. It was the most naked display of buying votes I have ever seen and it made me sick.

That was when I stopped voting on the federal level.

Like RealDave said, they rejected pay as you go. In fact, they REPEALED PayGo as soon as they got the chance, and exploded our debt.

The stench of hypocrisy sticks to the GOP.

Looks like your tu quoque "B-b-b-b-but Obama!" bullshit doesn't fly! :lol:

Did he include enough? He also said every family would save $2500 a year.
It's obvious his ignorance of economics included ignorance of math.

That's awful! The Dems should push to repeal it or to raise taxes to pay for it.
Maybe the GOP Congress and the Democratic New York huckster can pay for it. After all, the GOP is the party of fiscal responsibility!

No one ever accused Obama of being a fiscal conservative. Republicans lay claim to that moniker, which makes them the hypocrites.

I said all during the 2008 campaign that Obama was writing checks the American people couldn't cash.

After the economy collapsed, I said the one silver lining in that disaster was that Obama couldn't do all the pie-in-sky bullshit government dependency spending he wanted to do.

I called that one a "bait and switch con". Obama's claim that the ACA would not add one single dime to the federal debt was an even bigger lie than "you can keep your doctor".

But the Republicans didn't even try to pretend to pay for Medicare Part D. That was an out and out bribe of the senior vote to get Bush and the GOP Congress re-elected in 2004. It was the most naked display of buying votes I have ever seen and it made me sick.

Makes dems hypocrites also as O called the debt under bush a national security issue.....and then proceeded to run it up another 8 trillion dollars.

"The GOP’s tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the course of a decade, and increase the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio by 5.9 percentage points, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

GOP tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to debt: CBO

So where are those tea party conservatives that ran on a very strict ‘we will not add to the federal debt/deficit!’

Clearly, that policy does not apply to tax breaks for corporations and the already wealthy.
Just income redistribution that favors the already rich; the right wing only has a problem with income redistribution, when it helps the poor.

Makes dems hypocrites also as O called the debt under bush a national security issue.....and then proceeded to run it up another 8 trillion dollars.

.....and then proceeded to run it up another 8 trillion dollars.

That's a filthy lie!!!!

It went up $9.3 trillion while he was President.

.....and then proceeded to run it up another 8 trillion dollars.

That's a filthy lie!!!!

It went up $9.3 trillion while he was President.

I was even trying to give O the benefit of the doubt! Poor ol G is trying to lay down for O. It just ain't working.

"The GOP’s tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to the national debt over the course of a decade, and increase the country’s debt-to-GDP ratio by 5.9 percentage points, according to the Congressional Budget Office."

GOP tax bill would add $1.7 trillion to debt: CBO

So where are those tea party conservatives that ran on a very strict ‘we will not add to the federal debt/deficit!’

Clearly, that policy does not apply to tax breaks for corporations and the already wealthy.
Just income redistribution that favors the already rich; the right wing only has a problem with income redistribution, when it helps the poor.

Yes Obama did make the rich/richer and poor/poorer!

I am sure you are very proud of that!

We've had a Republican Congress for nearly three years, and they are still running up the debt.

Obama added 10 trillion and I don't see any complaints from you.

Are you sure?

He may have complained that Obama didn't spend enough.......
Yeah, go ahead and try to find me saying that, tard.

I thought he was talking to the OP.
His post immediately followed mine.

And yet you were never quoted, you just assumed, but like always you are wrong!

Forum List

Back