When Would You Kill A Criminal?

When would you use lethal force?

• Never , I don’t care if he steals, kills me, my family or others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t care if he steals or kills me, but I will protect my family

• I don’t care if he steals or kills me, but I will protect my family or others

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will protect my entire life work & savings that my family & I depend on to live

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will protect half my entire life work & savings that I depend on to live

• I will protect a quarter of my entire life work & savings that I depend on to live

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I will protect a 10% of my entire life work & savings that I depend on to live

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I will kill if they steal $100 from me

• I will kill if they steal $1 from anyone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You would be trying to kill the the majority or our good citizens. Most likely a Democrat may kill your genocidal maniac ass first.

If they've voting Democrat then they are the problem and need to be eradicated.

Your solution to problems is to kill people that dont vote like you want them to?

No. I dont care if someone votes for libertarians. Or Greens. or Whatever.
But Democrats are evil. They are the problem with this country. They are criminals who steal not just money and lives but liberty as well.
Wouldnt you shoot a criminal?

If they've voting Democrat then they are the problem and need to be eradicated.

Your solution to problems is to kill people that dont vote like you want them to?

But Democrats are evil. They are the problem with this country. They are criminals who steal not just money and lives but liberty as well.

I know a lot of democrats and they dont steal anything. They also are providing solutions to the problems in this country like the poor, the disenfranchised, and the illiterate. What makes you believe all Democrats steal money, cause problems, and steal liberty?

Last edited:

I know a lot of democrats and they dont steal anything. They also are providing solutions to the problems in this country like the poor, the disenfranchised, and the illiterate. What makes you believe all Democrats steal money, cause problems, and steal liberty?

Not all Democrats. Just people who vote Democrat.

Fuck this topic. Most of my friends are criminals lol

Best answer right there. ^^ :thup:

A "criminal" saved my life after I was attacked by a ... I dunno, a "thug".

Labels... :rolleyes:

I can't answer the poll because my answer isn't listed but I would not kill a person. I would kill an action, if it was directly and immediately life-threatening. That's as far as I go.

If you would use lethal force if necessary to save another life, then you would be poll choice #4 "I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others"

I didn't go for that because "protect" is too vague. Anybody would "protect"; the question I thought is "at what point would you kill". "Protect" doesn't mean "kill".

Best answer right there. ^^ :thup:

A "criminal" saved my life after I was attacked by a ... I dunno, a "thug".

Labels... :rolleyes:

I can't answer the poll because my answer isn't listed but I would not kill a person. I would kill an action, if it was directly and immediately life-threatening. That's as far as I go.

If you would use lethal force if necessary to save another life, then you would be poll choice #4 "I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others"

I didn't go for that because "protect" is too vague. Anybody would "protect"; the question I thought is "at what point would you kill". "Protect" doesn't mean "kill".

Would you kill the criminal if nessessary to "protect" yourself, your family or a another person perhaps a stranger?

To many on the right, any and all crimes are punishable by death although, truth be told, the ones who swagger around here, threatening to kill anyone who dares stand on their front porch, would more than likely hide under their bed. We see a lot of big talk here on this forum but talk to someone who has actually taken a life and, believe me, they'll tell you your own life is changed forever - and not for the better. That's the poll you ought to take.

This is a what if post..........and opinions of the same.

So your opinion is if you are robbed or your family's lives are in danger..........

You'd say Republicans suck, and are arm chair warriors in defense. I'm sure the Criminal would understand and take pity on you.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

These are all what-if posts.

Although, when it comes to chicken little nonsense, the gasoline around the house and the life savings loaded in the get away car is by far, the best. I wonder how you poor people ever get to sleep at night, especially since I would think its damn uncomfortable under the bed.

Well luddley, if you actually had something that you had worked for you might understand a little more. But as you haven't and never have...it's just something that you are incapable of understanding. I hope you are never placed in that situation.

Would you kill the criminal if nessessary to "protect" yourself, your family or a another person perhaps a stranger?

As I already said in my first post, only if it were directly and immediately life-threatening. Meaning, at the point where there was no other alternative at the risk of one's own death. Again, "protect" doesn't necessarily mean "kill". It rarely does. "Disable" accomplishes the same purpose without taking a life.

Some of these answers here, such as "I would kill any criminal who was armed in the commission of a crime" are just off-the-wall vigilantism and IMO way over the line. If we were individually qualified to act as judge, jury and executioner on a moment's notice, there would be no point in having a system to prosecute criminals. We could just be sovereign savages and walk around wasting anyone we want. One would hope we had progressed beyond that stage. There's a point where given the option to "disable" or "kill", some of us want to go with pure vengeance and ourselves become the killer.

I keep seeing that scene in the movie "Witness" where the little boy comes across the cop's gun, picks it up and inspects it -- the old man asks him, "would you use that gun to shoot a man?" and the kid says "I would only shoot the bad man". The old man then asks, "you can see inside that man's heart??"

That wisdom seems elusive these days. At least on the internets.

Last edited:
To many on the right, any and all crimes are punishable by death although, truth be told, the ones who swagger around here, threatening to kill anyone who dares stand on their front porch, would more than likely hide under their bed. We see a lot of big talk here on this forum but talk to someone who has actually taken a life and, believe me, they'll tell you your own life is changed forever - and not for the better. That's the poll you ought to take.

How many have you talked with that have taken a life?

This is a what if post..........and opinions of the same.

So your opinion is if you are robbed or your family's lives are in danger..........

You'd say Republicans suck, and are arm chair warriors in defense. I'm sure the Criminal would understand and take pity on you.

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

These are all what-if posts.

Although, when it comes to chicken little nonsense, the gasoline around the house and the life savings loaded in the get away car is by far, the best. I wonder how you poor people ever get to sleep at night, especially since I would think its damn uncomfortable under the bed.

Well luddley, if you actually had something that you had worked for you might understand a little more. But as you haven't and never have...it's just something that you are incapable of understanding. I hope you are never placed in that situation.

What gives you the idea Luddly has never worked?

I mean, I don't know, as it's none of my business. Maybe I missed something. :dunno:

(this is the CDZ, is it not?)

Last edited:
Haha! POW!

Threatening me and mine or entering my home without my permission is consider a form of assisted suicide in Missouri.

There are too many possible answers for this poll. There are too many qualifiers associated with the answers. The question should narrowed in scope.

More meaningful responses would be collected if the question and possible answers were:

If you had the means available at the time, would you kill a person trying or threatening to try to:

a. rob you of any amount of money
b. rob you of a substantial amount of money
c. rob you of expensive possessions
d. rob you of cheap possessions
e. rob you of food
f. harm your family
g. harm you
h. steal your car

I'm certain that the actual conditions at the time of the scenario would dictate what happens, but I think I would forgive the hungry thief and shoot the rest!

There are too many possible answers for this poll. There are too many qualifiers associated with the answers. The question should narrowed in scope.

More meaningful responses would be collected if the question and possible answers were:

If you had the means available at the time, would you kill a person trying or threatening to try to:

a. rob you of any amount of money
b. rob you of a substantial amount of money
c. rob you of expensive possessions
d. rob you of cheap possessions
e. rob you of food
f. harm your family
g. harm you
h. steal your car

I'm certain that the actual conditions at the time of the scenario would dictate what happens, but I think I would forgive the hungry thief and shoot the rest!

Really. So you would shoot a pickpocket... :eusa_think:

State laws range between you have a duty to retreat from thieves & violent attackers to shooting a thief in the back as they run off with your stuff.

What do you think the standard should be?

How about when I feel my, or someone else's, life is in danger?

State laws range between you have a duty to retreat from thieves & violent attackers to shooting a thief in the back as they run off with your stuff.

What do you think the standard should be?

How about when I feel my, or someone else's, life is in danger?

If you feel the police or a jury will believe you, then go for it.

Believe me, I'll take the "changed forever" from killing someone any day over the "changed forever" from someone killing my wife or sons. Or killing me and leaving them with nobody to support them.

Forum List

Back