When Would You Kill A Criminal?

When would you use lethal force?

• Never , I don’t care if he steals, kills me, my family or others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t care if he steals or kills me, but I will protect my family

• I don’t care if he steals or kills me, but I will protect my family or others

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will protect my entire life work & savings that my family & I depend on to live

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I will protect half my entire life work & savings that I depend on to live

• I will protect a quarter of my entire life work & savings that I depend on to live

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I will protect a 10% of my entire life work & savings that I depend on to live

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I will kill if they steal $100 from me

• I will kill if they steal $1 from anyone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is he going to do that if I shoot him.

Lets just say you & your family walked back from the park & see a thief has all your savings loaded into your running car, has poured gasoline around your house & is about to light a match & drop it out the car window before he drives off. Do you want the option to shoot before he gets the mach lit & or drives off even though you & your family are safe outside behind a concrete wall.

Your first point didn't say that. Yep, I'd shoot.

Yup! - For some families even just a stolen car means job lost, mortgage default & then the family is homeless & in danger. Most people know what they can afford to lose without their family hitting skid row. For most people protecting their stuff is protecting their family.

Now I would never go as far as the Texas Man who shot a Hooker for stealing $150. Even though it was legal for him to do that, it was not a life altering loss to him if she got away.

I don't believe in killing or being killed over material objects but I would use force in an attempt to save a life.

I did not vote, because none of the choices accurately depict circumstances that would allow me to kill a criminal:

For example, they steal a dollar? How do I know that's all they're going to take? In reality, does any criminal show up and say, "hey, I don't plan to take more than a dollar, and I'm not going to harm you or your family in the process, so put down your weapons."

Fuck no.

If you're going to kill someone, then you had better be determined. No mamby-pamby, deep thoughts and reflections upon humanity better get in the way.

So here is my criteria:

A. You are a stranger and
B. You enter (or attempt to enter) my home uninvited.
C. You die.​

I couldn't give a damn whether you're suffering from mental illness, or your momma didn't love you, or you're hungry, or if you only wanted to borrow a cup of sugar: If you're not invited, then stay the fuck out.

If no one was home & you pull in the drive & see a criminal just inside the door with a bag full of your valuable stuff. Are you going to let him run away with it?

Last edited:
We should execute most of the people currently sitting in prison and death penalty should be extended for armed robbery, car jacking, and wearing your jeans hanging off the crack of your ass.

I did not vote, because none of the choices accurately depict circumstances that would allow me to kill a criminal:

For example, they steal a dollar? How do I know that's all they're going to take? In reality, does any criminal show up and say, "hey, I don't plan to take more than a dollar, and I'm not going to harm you or your family in the process, so put down your weapons."

Fuck no.

If you're going to kill someone, then you had better be determined. No mamby-pamby, deep thoughts and reflections upon humanity better get in the way.

So here is my criteria:

C. You die.​

I couldn't give a damn whether you're suffering from mental illness, or your momma didn't love you, or you're hungry, or if you only wanted to borrow a cup of sugar: If you're not invited, then stay the fuck out.

If no one was home & you pull in the drive & see a criminal just inside the door with a bag full of your valuable stuff. Are you going to let him run away with it?

Yes

1. Criminal act involving a rifle or handgun - life in prison hard labor
2. Criminal act involving weapon resulting in the death of another - execution within 30 days.
3. Criminal act involving a weapon resulting in the wounding of another - life in prison
Criminal act with or without a weapon in which harm is caused to another or their property - life in prison.

All prison terms are without the possibility of parole.
All executions are to be conducted within 30 days of sentencing and either by injection or firing squad.

The choices in the poll reflect a narrow point of view. I would kill under certain circumstances, physically attack a person under others, or let you go depending on my sense of the danger you pose.

If you get into my home you are getting shot because that means you killed my pit bulls with a weapon on top of violating my sacred space and putting my family in danger.

You break into my car and I catch you then you are going to get attacked or shot depending on what you have as a weapon.

Fuck no.

So here is my criteria:

C. You die.​

Yes

It sounds like you are poll choice #4 "I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others"

Yes

It sounds like you are poll choice #4 "I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others"

Probably the best choice, but key is knowing that all that's going to happen is a burglary

Probably the best choice, but key is knowing that all that's going to happen is a burglary

Who knows, if you back out of the drive to get to a safe spot to call police, he may torch the house. It happens a lot in rural areas where far away neighbors don't notice the fire for a long time & volunteer fire department takes a while to respond. All evidence is burned up including surveillance systems.

Fuck this topic. Most of my friends are criminals lol

Best answer right there. ^^ :thup:

A "criminal" saved my life after I was attacked by a ... I dunno, a "thug".

Labels... :rolleyes:

I can't answer the poll because my answer isn't listed but I would not kill a person. I would kill an action, if it was directly and immediately life-threatening. That's as far as I go.

Fuck this topic. Most of my friends are criminals lol

Best answer right there. ^^ :thup:

A "criminal" saved my life after I was attacked by a ... I dunno, a "thug".

Labels... :rolleyes:

I can't answer the poll because my answer isn't listed but I would not kill a person. I would kill an action, if it was directly and immediately life-threatening. That's as far as I go.

If you would use lethal force if necessary to save another life, then you would be poll choice #4 "I don’t care if he steals, but I will protect myself, my family or others"

Who knows, if you back out of the drive to get to a safe spot to call police, he may torch the house. It happens a lot in rural areas where far away neighbors don't notice the fire for a long time & volunteer fire department takes a while to respond. All evidence is burned up including surveillance systems.

A. I wouldn't ever live in a rural area
B. Insurance

I would kill if I get into a situation where that is meant to happen.
If I am not meant to kill, then even if it means me getting killed, I believe it will turn out that way. I believe there is a spiritual process going on, whether you call it karma cause and effect or God's will/justice working its way through, so all things that happen are within that process.

I believe we are eventually meant to prevent any conflicts from escalating to violence abuse or war. But in the meantime, relationships and the world are not perfect, and any situation could go this way or that way.

I just know when I look at people in the news, if I were in their shoes, I would end up doing whatever they did, given the choices, pressures and bad decisions they were under.

Human nature is consistent, so if you put me under those exact same conditions, then I would make the same choices. The point is to prevent from getting into such situations, so that is what the human learning curve is about. And we are all in different places and stages in that process. Anything can happen so we try to do our best to avoid compromising catch-22 situations. Anyone can find themselves in a situation doing what we normally would not. These can be prevented in the future, so that is what I focus on doing.

Would execute all criminals convited of a violent crime, or through action, endagering others as with those fleeing police pursuit tear-assing through city streets, driving while intoxicated, and the like.

I've done urban and in the middle of nowhere. Different environments require different defenses. I'd run with most of the above if there was that category.

Only once in my life have I ever drawn a bead on someone though. Middle of nowhere Tennessee It was when my husband was being threatened on the front porch by a neighbor we had turned in for animal abuse.

Our guns were always by the front door and I very quietly got my husband's Marlin while the neighbor was ranting away . Didn't think twice. I remember the feeling well. I was cold. And if he moved one more time against my husband I would have pulled the trigger.

It's a strange cold. Almost a numbness. I really don't know how to put it in words. But yes, I know I would have used lethal force.

Forum List

Back