When will it stop?

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
I read these posts in these threads and it's all arguing in circles that turns into over exaggeration and name calling with no intelligent debate anywhere.

When will it stop?

I guess it will stop when the American people get off their collective asses and figure out that all politicians are the same. They all want the same thing, which is power and control over the people, over us. It's not about money, and we all know it has nothing to do with what's best for this great country. The only thing they want is to keep you, me and everyone in this country docile.

They, the politicians get us arguing over idiotic stuff like health care, abortion or how much money someone makes. All the while, both parties are planning our future of slavery and servitude to them, the government.

I know you don't want to believe it, but I'm afraid this is our future and it's not too far off, especially since the SCOTUS found it constitutional to tax someone for not having something.

I read these posts in these threads and it's all arguing in circles that turns into over exaggeration and name calling with no intelligent debate anywhere.

When will it stop?

I guess it will stop when the American people get off their collective asses and figure out that all politicians are the same. They all want the same thing, which is power and control over the people, over us. It's not about money, and we all know it has nothing to do with what's best for this great country. The only thing they want is to keep you, me and everyone in this country docile.

They, the politicians get us arguing over idiotic stuff like health care, abortion or how much money someone makes. All the while, both parties are planning our future of slavery and servitude to them, the government.

I know you don't want to believe it, but I'm afraid this is our future and it's not too far off, especially since the SCOTUS found it constitutional to tax someone for not having something.

I've pretty much decided that all politicians are the same -- or more accurately they become the same after they discover that the job really is to allocate political power to groups, divide constituencies and lie to maintain the power.

You are spot on in recognizing that it is the INCREASE in scope of what they control that is the problem. There is no compromise. You cannot 1/2 way be for corporate subsidies for making shit that they would make anyway. You cannot 1/2 way fight wars. You cannot 1/2 way be for taxing only the rich.

On the boards here, the problem is that some folks keep repeating the same assertions ad nauseum hoping the outcome will change. It won't. There ARE SOLID truths. And we need folks in charge who recognize these. And no amount of spin or rewriting of history is gonna magically change the debate in the long run..

BTW --- welcome to USMB...

Last edited:
Do either of you know a politician on a personal level? Local/State/Fed?

There are some damn good eggs out there. I think you're throwing babies out with bathwater, so to speak.

I can name a handful.. Actually I'm a Jerry Brown fan -- as strange as that is given my libertarian background. But even the mighty Space Cadet is no match for the California Looney Bin..

He comes to mind because I admire his problem solving abilities. Often taking flack from his partisians over his experiments and solutions.

I started out in politics campaigning for a few that dissapointed me greatly. Tom Lantos 12th district D-Cal literally broke my heart after the work I put in for him.. Shortly afterwards -- I became a LP member.

And of course Ron Paul -- Dr. No of the US House. Consistent as hell. Focused like a dog on a bone. And very very rare..

I lost all faith in the process when I found out that Mary Matalin (Bush Sr campaign mgr) was shackin up with James Carville (you know) on the FREAKING CAMPAIGN TRAIL in 1992 !!!!

For god's sake man -- if THEY don't take it seriously --- do you expect ME to??

There are some damn good eggs out there. I think you're throwing babies out with bathwater, so to speak.

Oh good! Someone agrees with my inpressions of many politicians. So many really want to make a positive difference but can't manage it without the cooperation of opposing party's. This is the most divisive administration in history, and thank heavens 2010 stopped some of the madness. If we elect a new president, we will have a better chance at restoring prosperity to our nation. Especially if we take the House AND the Senate....we can get something done to reverse some of the damage. Don't look for quick fixes.

I want limited government. Progressives want big government and some Republicans want middle-sized government. I am leaning more libertarian than Republican, these days. But FAT CHANCE!!!! :badgrin:

I've known some personally, even helped one campaign and she became the devil once she was elected.....

term limits, imo, is the only solution. get them out of there before they get corrupted. And no one should be able to campaign for another office while they are still in office.

Don't look for a Repub majority to make a huge diff. When you can get elected simply by screwing up LESS than the other guys, there is no incentive for quality people in office.

We need more choices on the ballot. And less hoops to jump thru to get on the ballot and into the debates.

I've known some personally, even helped one campaign and she became the devil once she was elected.....

term limits, imo, is the only solution. get them out of there before they get corrupted. And no one should be able to campaign for another office while they are still in office.

You too got jilted by a politician? What are the chances?

However -- I don't want to interfere with people's choices. (term limits). I want them to have MORE choices. REAL conservatives and REAL liberals. And maybe a few libertarians as well. We need to kill the concept that we can only have 2 choices on the ballot.

When will it stop?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdLIerfXuZ4]The Who - Who Are You? - YouTube[/ame]

Yes, I was married to one. He was a good man with good intentions and was responsible for many positive changes to our community, when it came to jobs and low taxes. He managed and that was in California. He was also very charitable and helped people like none other. When fires burned the area, it was he who put the homeless up.

Don't anyone be talking to me about all politicians being corrupt. They are not. Many keep the same principles they brought into office and many are making a difference in their communites at the state and local levels. They work tirelessly. They are committed leaders, and the only people that don't see much of them, are their wives. I am not the type of woman that can live like that, but I have never, ever, lost respect and admiration for the steady and determined man I loved, but had to leave and design my own life. It worked out best for each of us. No ties. Just mutual respect.

It was a great chapter and I am a better person for it all. :)

Forum List

Back