When Santorum tanks, who will the GOP turn to?

I thought it was good policy to have the Republican debates but then when I heard the candidates talk I thought this is a mistake, that's the end for the party. The Republicans should have had the debates but not let the candidates say a word, oh they could smile, frown even nod but not talk. Of course that would have been pretty boring and who would watch/,so the answer to that problem was maybe have a high school band playing patriotic tunes, or some three stooges movies or even some Herbert Hoover speeches about rugged individualism, but no talking.

If there is an American that does not indirectly employ a boat load of illegal immigrants here and Chinks over there then let me be the first to shake his hand.

Really has nothing to do with what I said, but let's look at that. The people who control commerce have made the decision that the middle class made too much money back in the 1980's and they didn't have enough to buy all the Polo Ponies they wanted.

So they insisted on free trade with countries like China that chop up their own citizens for transplant organs.

And they insisted on "right to work" laws that busted up the unions.

And they insisted on lax immigration laws.

Now, I agree, it would be nice if we all employed a bit of common sense and spent the few extra pennies to only buy what is made here.

It would be better if we refocused our illegal immigration efforts off the poor immigrants and onto the rich assholes who pay them under the table so they won't have to pay an American a fair wage.

And this is where "conservatives" like you and Romney have really messed it up. In your effort to get rid of the middle class and unions, you've made people more dependent on government, and therefore, more likely to vote for more of it.

Anyone that has a nickel in their pocket has a part in controlling commerce.
Everyone should have a right to work. Forcing folk to join a union to be able to work is as unAmerican as it gets.
Why should I have to pay a union boss that works 8 hours a month 100K a year to be able to work?

If there is an American that does not indirectly employ a boat load of illegal immigrants here and Chinks over there then let me be the first to shake his hand.

Really has nothing to do with what I said, but let's look at that. The people who control commerce have made the decision that the middle class made too much money back in the 1980's and they didn't have enough to buy all the Polo Ponies they wanted.

So they insisted on free trade with countries like China that chop up their own citizens for transplant organs.

Now, I agree, it would be nice if we all employed a bit of common sense and spent the few extra pennies to only buy what is made here.

It would be better if we refocused our illegal immigration efforts off the poor immigrants and onto the rich assholes who pay them under the table so they won't have to pay an American a fair wage.

And this is where "conservatives" like you and Romney have really messed it up. In your effort to get rid of the middle class and unions, you've made people more dependent on government, and therefore, more likely to vote for more of it.

Everyone should have a right to work. Forcing folk to join a union to be able to work is as unAmerican as it gets.
Why should I have to pay a union boss that works 8 hours a month 100K a year to be able to work?

You shouldn't - if you would have the same wages and benefits without the union.

You shouldn't - if you would have the same wages and benefits without the union.

Unions are for those that do not have the skills and education to be able to negotiate their own wages in a free market.
Underachievingt lazy Americans need unions. Hard working skilled professionals never need a union. They can negotiate their own contract without having to carry the fat, lazy, uneducated, low skilled and dependent union worker.
Unions are for those that have no other skill other than a 5th grade educated worker has with a hammer in their hand.

Unions are for those that do not have the skills and education to be able to negotiate their own wages in a free market.
Underachievingt lazy Americans need unions. Hard working skilled professionals never need a union. They can negotiate their own contract without having to carry the fat, lazy, uneducated, low skilled and dependent union worker.
Unions are for those that have no other skill other than a 5th grade educated worker has with a hammer in their hand.

Tell that to the construction crafts and trades skilled labor folks.

we all knew that Santorums biggest set back was the fact that he doesn't come off as presidential, but he does have one vital thing going for him,,he is very likable and the GOP and Conservative base will settle for him much more than Romney. then again, Obama was never presidential, if anything, a stuttering senator with no personality and needed cue cards just to speak to an audience.

LOL. You must also think leprosy and smallpox are very likable.:cuckoo:

Bullshit, Godawg, and you know it. Unions are for skilled craftsmen that find the company in which they have worked for years suddenly deciding that the management can do whatever they like with regard to wages, benefits, and relationships within the company.

I have seen more companies unionized by stupid management decisions, than by union organizers. When management decides that it needs not listen to the people on the floor, then that company will be a union company in a short time.

Or major league baseball.

Will they try to prop Romney up with a strong VP to help make him more palatable - or will they bring in a new face? Either way, they've got a big problem.

Ernie S. said:
Hi, you have received -400 reputation points from Ernie S..
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
And here\'s your sign

Regards,
Ernie S.

Note: This is an automated message.

Ernie S. just negged my above post. Holy shit, I posted that on 2-15-2012 (13 days ago). Oh well, it's always nice to hear from one of my serial stalker neggers.

I don't know.

Why should I have to work 50 hours a week so that our CEO gets $10,000,000 a year? Especially when that CEO Crashes the company and still deploys his "Golden Parachute".

I'm always amazed you get upset about a six figure union boss salary but not a eight figure salary by a corporate asshole.

So what upsets you is that the union just divides the pie more fairly, then?

Sorry, as a hard working skilled professional who was ousted from his last job because he ran up too many medical bills, and they needed to create a position for a relative of a manager's friend, (even though she had absolutely no experience).

When I pointed out the basic wrongness of this situation to my boss, he replied, "Well, it's a good thing this isn't a union shop, I couldn't make any decisions, then."

Well, his wonderful decision making skills took that company from employing 65 people to about 20 today.

A capitalist is a parasite who is trying to convince you he'd a vital organ.

Just yesterday I hired someone to rebuild my decks behind my house. An extensive job as they have never been replaced since I built the home in 1983.
Non union workers built it in 1983 and a non union worker will build the new one.
Unions FORCE others to join their union to be able to work.
If they are so great how come they have to FORCE everyone to join their union?

I don't know.

Why should I have to work 50 hours a week so that our CEO gets $10,000,000 a year? Especially when that CEO Crashes the company and still deploys his "Golden Parachute".

I'm always amazed you get upset about a six figure union boss salary but not a eight figure salary by a corporate asshole.

No one forces you to work 50 hours a week.
Oh wait, I forgot! They do force you.
You are a slave to the union bosses and their commands.
While the union boss is in the Bahamas on a 3 week vacation with you paying his tab you are at work.
Unions sure are great!

I don't know.

While the union boss is in the Bahamas on a 3 week vacation with you paying his tab you are at work.
Unions sure are great!

They sure are.

Good wages, good benefits, and the boss actually has to justify firing you, as opposed to doing it on a whim.

I'm sure that Union Boss in the Bahamas is waiving at the CEO's when they are on their way to the Caymans.

I don't know.

Unions sure are great!

They sure are.

Good wages, good benefits, and the boss actually has to justify firing you, as opposed to doing it on a whim.

I'm sure that Union Boss in the Bahamas is waiving at the CEO's when they are on their way to the Caymans.

Why do you have TO FORCE everyone to join your union?
If it is so great how come you need THE LAW to force all workers to join the union in your state?
And how come ALL of your campaign contributions from the union goes to Democrats ONLY?
Unions are thug mob rule. I trust the mafia more than I would a labor union.

Forum List

Back