When NO Means NO

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
When asking for sexual favors, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the word NO. Ask Les Monves of CBS, Bill Cosby, or Harvey Weinstein. It's really as simple as offering a person a cup of tea.

If you haven't seen this short entertaining video, watched by millions, take a couple of minutes and watch it.

Comments?

When asking for sexual favors, there seems to be a lot of confusion about the word NO. Ask Les Monves of CBS, Bill Cosby, or Harvey Weinstein. It's really as simple as offering a person a cup of tea.

If you haven't seen this short entertaining video, watched by millions, take a couple of minutes and watch it.

Comments?

And that is called common sense.

Comments?

And that is called common sense.

Unfortunately common sense today is not really very common. There is a popular idea among many men that" No" means I really want you to try harder. They take this as just playing hard to get. Consent is not a game. The lack of it can have serious implications.

30 or 40 years ago, putting pressure on a date for sex was common and even considered routine in some quarter such as the famous "Hollywood Casting Couch", however times changes. Unfortunately, a lot people have not changed with the times.

30 or 40 years ago, putting pressure on a date for sex was common and even considered routine in some quarter such as the famous "Hollywood Casting Couch", however times changes. Unfortunately, a lot people have not changed with the times.

That was still rape; never has been acceptable to decent folk.

Greg

Correct. No means no. But the woman should say no way in advance of prick teasing cuz once that ol brain slides down from his head to the other head....he hears nothing. Penises don't have ears.

Comments?

My parents taught me to err on the side of caution. Ive missed out a couple of times because I took the woman literally at her word. I was told to get a clue. These are the type of women that make it bad for all the other women.

Comments?

My parents taught me to err on the side of caution. Ive missed out a couple of times because I took the woman literally at her word. I was told to get a clue. These are the type of women that make it bad for all the other women.

As per the OP, sex is not tea. This is what you call a bad analogy.
I thought it was pretty good. Apparently millions of others agreed. It's typical British humor which some people like and other don't. It was produced by the Thames Valley Police. The analogies illustrate common lack of consent issues the police see.

In less than three minutes, it explores a multitude of scenarios where consent gets blurry, from simple (your guest did want tea, but changed his or her mind once you put the kettle on) to less so (your guest isn't really sure how to feel about tea right now).

If you can understand how completely ludicrous it is to force people to have tea when they don't want tea, and you are able to understand when people don't want tea, then how hard is it to understand when it comes to sex? Whether it's tea or sex, consent is everything.

No means No. That is pretty simple.

The idea that a horny man can' accept 'No' means he is a rapist. That is pretty simple too.

The idea that a horny man can' accept 'No' means he is a rapist. That is pretty simple too.

I've seen real rapists, they are assholes, but many women harbor rape fantasies,

too.

Eh..I usually wait for a woman to make a move on me. Probably need to change

that strategy these days. I used to have the body of

David. These days, it's the body of Dad.

I've seen real rapists, they are assholes, but many women harbor rape fantasies,

too.

Yes, rape fantasies are common or popular. But they are a far cry from actual rape.

too.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I never had a woman stop me once we had gotten started getting frisky and expect me to press on. I can only recall one stopping things. And she had very good reasons.

too.

Maybe I was just lucky, but I never had a woman stop me once we had gotten started getting frisky and expect me to press on. I can only recall one stopping things. And she had very good reasons.

I've had women..tell me to stop, and I stopped..

She was barely a woman, and I don't think I was a man yet.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back