Landers, Frary & Clark Universal No. 0 Alcohol Stove

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Sigh, pardon the cat hamming it up. Everytime I lay out my leather pad it wants to sleep on it....He's snoring as I type this. ;)

When I was at the gun shop yesterday a guy brought in a big pasteboard box of WW-1 US equipment to sell and in the box was a Landers, Frary & Clark Universal No. 0 Alcohol Stove in very nice shape.

stove 001 (2).JPG

stove 002 (2).JPG

stove 003 (2).JPG

stove 004 (2).JPG

The owner had no interest in it so I gave the guy the $20.00 he was asking for it because I'm a complete sucker for Alcohol stoves. I collect all types, both homemade and commercial. I've made scores of them from soda cans and gave them as gifts myself.

I'm surprised that the owner passed on it because Landers, Frary & Clark made all manner of metalware for US troops in WW-1....The most famous of which was the L.F.&C Trench Knife.....It's not US marked though.

R.167915d0b4e025be01dbeb7c9f620bcc

During the United States' involvement in World War I, the company temporarily produced equipment for the military of the United States.[2] Landers, Frary & Clark produced approximately 3 million canteens, 5 million trench knives, millions of mess kits, bacon cans, canteen cups, and similar metalware, as well as practically all of the sabers required by the United States Cavalry.

To be honest I thought it was a low-pressured stove like for chafing dishes and such till I saw the below YT video.....No sir it's a full blown alcohol jet stove!

I've already fired the burner and it humps! Loud as all get out too.

I use HEET (yellow bottle) for fuel as it's cheaper in the four-packs than a like amount of denatured alcohol, far less impurities too.

Forum List

Back