When is Pro-Life pro-life?

Obama injected himself into the Egyptian elections and assisted terrorists taking over.

So really just don't care if Russia tries to interfere in our elections- because America has done it in other countries?

How very Conservative of you.

How you liking your mass murdering President now?

Gotta love it when proaborts think they have the higher ground when they accuse others of supporting a mass murderer.

Pro-some-lifers shouldn't throw stones from glass houses...:rolleyes-41:

There ain't nothing glass about my house.

You can't be pro-life and still support capital punishment.

1. BULL SHIT.
2. Not everyone who opposes abortion are pro life and believe in that "every life is sacred" bullshit.

For example, being "prolife" doesn't mean one has to give up their right to self defense or the right to defend others. The better term would be "pro innocent life" but most people above the education of a middle scool student should be able to discern that without having to be enlightened further on it.

Why not????

Because it's not pro-life. Pro-life means you have a consistent ethic of life. It's not arbritrary. Anything else is pro-some-life.

Then maybe it's pro-choice! You choose which lives can remain and which lives to end.

:lol: Pro-choice vs pro-choice!

Not really.

We believe that death is a proper punishment for violent law breakers. Simply being a baby is not. Pro-life means innocent life--not those who killed other people.

The problem you have is distinguishing between justified death and unjustified death. Pro-life doesn't mean you are against all death. It means you are against unjustified death. Killing a person who killed another human being is justified death. Killing a baby who didn't do anything to anybody is unjustified death, and that's what pro-life means.

So really just don't care if Russia tries to interfere in our elections- because America has done it in other countries?

Gotta love it when proaborts think they have the higher ground when they accuse others of supporting a mass murderer.

1. BULL SHIT.
2. Not everyone who opposes abortion are pro life and believe in that "every life is sacred" bullshit.

For example, being "prolife" doesn't mean one has to give up their right to self defense or the right to defend others. The better term would be "pro innocent life" but most people above the education of a middle scool student should be able to discern that without having to be enlightened further on it.

A consistent pro-life ethic allows for self defense or the defense of others but not for capital punishment - willfully taking another's life. It's not bull shit. It's about a consistent ethic. You call pro-choice "pro-abort" - yet you can be pro-choice and not personally support abortion. It's supporting a woman's choice.

I admire truly pro-life people - they are consistent from conception to tomb because human life matters, not the subjective determination of "innocence". I wish I was at that ethical point, but I'm not.

Why not????

Because it's not pro-life. Pro-life means you have a consistent ethic of life. It's not arbritrary. Anything else is pro-some-life.

Then maybe it's pro-choice! You choose which lives can remain and which lives to end.

Not really.

We believe that death is a proper punishment for violent law breakers. Simply being a baby is not. Pro-life means innocent life--not those who killed other people.

The problem you have is distinguishing between justified death and unjustified death. Pro-life doesn't mean you are against all death. It means you are against unjustified death. Killing a person who killed another human being is justified death. Killing a baby who didn't do anything to anybody is unjustified death, and that's what pro-life means.

Great minds think alike. . . But you said it much better than I did.

1. BULL SHIT.

A consistent pro-life ethic allows for self defense or the defense of others but not for capital punishment - willfully taking another's life. It's not bull shit. It's about a consistent ethic. You call pro-choice "pro-abort" - yet you can be pro-choice and not personally support abortion. It's supporting a woman's choice.

I admire truly pro-life people - they are consistent from conception to tomb because human life matters, not the subjective determination of "innocence". I wish I was at that ethical point, but I'm not.

"A consistent pro-life ethic allows for self defense or the defense of others but not for capital punishment - willfully taking another's life."

What if it's a child rapist and murderer?

Why not????

Not really.

Your sig line video.

I never get tired of watching the below total maniac, the sound video is even better with it screaming it's head off, every time I see it, no matter how many times I see it, it's still as hilarious as the first time I saw it :lol:

INkDDs.gif

1. BULL SHIT.

The name pro abort has a clear meaning. It's simply someone who is a proponent for keeping elective abortions legal. It works the same way that "pro weed" is someone who favors the decriminalization of weed... pro gay marriage, pro gun, etc.

Why not????

Not really.

Thank you very much. Liberals try to put us in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position. It simply doesn't work with abortion.

Killing your neighbor because his dog shit in your yard is different than killing your neighbor because he came after you with a chainsaw. Liberals try to make those two situations one of the same.

Is it pro-life or pro-some life?
Can you be pro-life if you oppose abortion and support the death penalty?
Can you be pro-life if you support the right to abortion and oppose the death penalty?

You can only be pro-life if you have a consistent ethic that respects the dignity of all life. But I'll narrow it down and say the dignity of all human life.

I admire this ethic. It's something to strive for. And it's something I admire the Catholic faith for.

The Church's Anti-Death Penalty Position

Each of us is called to respect the life and dignity of every human being. Even when people deny the dignity of others, we must still recognize that their dignity is a gift from God and is not something that is earned or lost through their behavior. Respect for life applies to all, even the perpetrators of terrible acts. Punishment should be consistent with the demands of justice and with respect for human life and dignity.
—USCCB, A Culture of Life and the Penalty of Death

In Catholic teaching the state has the recourse to impose the death penalty upon criminals convicted of heinous crimes if this ultimate sanction is the only available means to protect society from a grave threat to human life. However, this right should not be exercised when other ways are available to punish criminals and to protect society that are more respectful of human life.
—USCCB, A Culture of Life and the Penalty of Death

Not really.

Thank you very much. Liberals try to put us in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" position. It simply doesn't work with abortion.

Killing your neighbor because his dog shit in your yard is different than killing your neighbor because he came after you with a chainsaw. Liberals try to make those two situations one of the same.

Kind of like conservatives calling you "pro-abort" because you are "pro-choice". I started a thread in Religion.

Why not????

Not really.

No. A real pro-life ethic doesn't consider that a justifiable death but I'll start a thread on this - since I'm going off topic here.

Why not? You really think that pro-life means no exception to taking a life? Better think again. The pro-life movement doesn't think that way; exceptions of course, but not the majority.

1. BULL SHIT.

The name pro abort has a clear meaning. It's simply someone who is a proponent for keeping elective abortions legal. It works the same way that "pro weed" is someone who favors the decriminalization of weed... pro gay marriage, pro gun, etc.

Yes, it's clear. Just like Pro-some-life.

Obama injected himself into the Egyptian elections and assisted terrorists taking over.

Yes you can.

Being pro-Life means respecting and protecting the most innocent of innocent as they slumber in the womb, they have committed no crime.

Being pro-Death Penalty means that we believe the most heinous of crimes deserve the ultimate punishment which is the forfeiting of life itself.

EG. Why would anyone not agree that a child rapist and murderer should not be executed?

EG. Why would anyone not agree that someone who murders an elderly person in their own bed and/or while they're out posting a letter or something should not be executed?

Yes you can.

Being pro-Life means respecting and protecting the most innocent of innocent as they slumber in the womb, they have committed no crime.

Being pro-Death Penalty means that we believe the most heinous of crimes deserve the ultimate punishment which is the forfeiting of life itself.

EG. Why would anyone not agree that a child rapist and murderer should not be executed?

EG. Why would anyone not agree that someone who murders an elderly person in their own bed and/or while they're out posting a letter or something should not be executed?

Because Pro-Life means you respect the dignity and sanctity of all life unless there is no other option preserve your life or that of others. With capital punishment - we have other options - life in prison (no parole).

As a culture, we generally bemoan the death of an innocent, and accept (if not agree with) the death of a miscreant.

You can't be more innocent than In utero. You can't be more of a miscreant than being convicted of a capital crime.

I personally support a woman's right to choose. But arguments like yours (the life of a child and a convicted murderer are equivalent) are specious and do little to foster any kind of serious discussion.

As a culture, we generally bemoan the death of an innocent, and accept (if not agree with) the death of a miscreant.

You can't be more innocent than In utero. You can't be more of a miscreant than being convicted of a capital crime.

I personally support a woman's right to choose. But arguments like yours (the life of a child and a convicted murderer are equivalent) are specious and do little to foster any kind of serious discussion.

From an ethical perspective that values the sanctity of human life - isn't it all equal? If it's "specious" as you so term it, then why is it central to many faiths, such as the Catholic one?

Another poster, in another thread put it well: I just don't get pro-death people

His is a consistent ethic of life:
By which I mean the abortion supporters and the capital punishment supporters equally. What arrogance it is to set other people below you to such an extent that you decide who lives and who dies; that you decide when and if their lives have value. I understand that many people find my values of protecting the powerless and preventing oppression to be barbaric and inhumane, but this is just beyond the pale.

Explain this to me. How should I not see you as a threat to my life? If you think you judge who's a real person then how do I know you won't try to deprive me of personhood? If you think you can kill whomever you like then what guarantee do I have that you will make no attempt on my life? If I can't trust you not to murder your own children, then why the fuck should I let you come anywhere close to mine?

Forum List

Back