Antonin Scalia’s Catholic Priest Son Doesn’t Like Being Called a Conservative

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Paul Scalia was a teenager when his father, the late Antonin Scalia, was appointed to the Supreme Court by President Ronald Reagan in 1986. By then, the younger Scalia had already begun to feel a pull toward the Catholic priesthood. A decade later, he would be ordained at St. Catherine’s, his family’s parish in Great Falls. He has served in the Diocese of Arlington ever since.

But following his eloquent homily at his father’s funeral Mass last year, Father Scalia has become more visible. He was recently named vicar for clergy by Arlington’s new bishop, and in March a collection of Father Scalia’s writing on his faith, That Nothing May Be Lost, was published by Ignatius Press. We talked with him about growing up Catholic—and growing up Scalia.
Antonin Scalia's Catholic Priest Son Doesn't Like Being Called a Conservative

It's a very short interview that doesn't get into enough detail but it is a mildly interesting read.

Jesuit trained just like his father and just like four other Supreme Court justices...do you know about the history of the jesuits? I find it rather odd that in a mostly Protestant country that catholics (jesuits in particular) are always put in places of authority and counsel and it's not by accident either.

Jesuit trained just like his father and just like four other Supreme Court justices...do you know about the history of the jesuits? I find it rather odd that in a mostly Protestant country that catholics (jesuits in particular) are always put in places of authority and counsel and it's not by accident either.

Oh let me guess.

---- it's because "Jesuits" and "Jooooooos" both begin with the letter J, the mark of the Beast. Amirite?

:rolleyes:

Oh let me guess.

---- it's because "Jesuits" and "Jooooooos" both begin with the letter J, the mark of the Beast. Amirite?

Seriously (and I know you will not understand or appreciate the gravity of your ignorance) but the difference between Jews and the Jesuit order of Ignatius is such a huge chasm that could never be bridged. You really exposed your stupidity and ignorance tonight with that post..........
13599851_1169616739749409_5706609443193647656_n.jpg

Oh let me guess.

Seriously (and I know you will not understand or appreciate the gravity of your ignorance) but the difference between Jews and the Jesuit order of Ignatius is such a huge chasm that could never be bridged. You really exposed your stupidity and ignorance tonight with that post..........

Well you know ---- tinfoil bigots all look alike to me.... :rolleyes:

Oh let me guess.

Well you know ---- tinfoil bigots all look alike to me.... :rolleyes:

Who is a "bigot"? Hell, you don't even know the difference between a Jew and a jesuit and that speaks volumes to me.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Seriously (and I know you will not understand or appreciate the gravity of your ignorance) but the difference between Jews and the Jesuit order of Ignatius is such a huge chasm that could never be bridged. You really exposed your stupidity and ignorance tonight with that post..........[/QUOTE]

Well you know ---- tinfoil bigots all look alike to me.... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Who is a "bigot"? Hell, you don't even know the difference between a Jew and a jesuit and that speaks volumes to me.[/QUOTE]

Yes and we know how Protestants feel about RC's , don't we. RC's and Jew's have a lot in common, both looked down upon by the almighty Evangelicals and Fundamentalist Protestants. I do agree, big difference between those born again and RC's. Maybe that is why they make up the Supreme Court, well not sure what Gorsuch is, appears he is RC as well, but not really by what I have read.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back