When freedom of speech crosses the line.

Freedom of speech crosses the line when islam is criticized. Therefore we must live in fear of criticizing islam or the muslims will get mad and kill people. That means no freedom of speech at all.

Stand up for freedom and make an Islam hating video.

Why is all the liberal pity and hand-wringing for the butt-hurt feelings Islamists who can't take criticism, and none for the Coptic Christians who are literally being crucified? You know, if reports are accurate and the maker of this ridiculous video is Coptic Christian, his actions are in response to ACTUAL atrocities committed against practitioners of his faith. Where's the hand-wringing for him?

Freedom of speech crosses the line when islam is criticized. Therefore we must live in fear of criticizing islam or the muslims will get mad and kill people. That means no freedom of speech at all.

Why is all the liberal pity and hand-wringing for the butt-hurt feelings Islamists who can't take criticism, and none for the Coptic Christians who are literally being crucified? You know, if reports are accurate and the maker of this ridiculous video is Coptic Christian, his actions are in response to ACTUAL atrocities committed against practitioners of his faith. Where's the hand-wringing for him?

What pity for the Islamists who can't take criticism?

I have no pity for them at all.

Then why would you criticize this man's "Islam hating video"? He has a right to feel what he feels. He has a right to say how he feels. What he doesn't have a right to do is to act out violently. And as far as we know, he didn't.

Then why would you criticize this man's "Islam hating video"? He has a right to feel what he feels. He has a right to say how he feels. What he doesn't have a right to do is to act out violently. And as far as we know, he didn't.

I didn't criticize it.

I was telling a fellow poster to:

don't just sing about it, BE about it

That's all.

I didn't criticize it.

That's all.

Ahh... so you weren't being facetious then? And you recommend that people make all the Islam ridiculing videos they want? I'm just asking, because your response looked facetious to me.

I didn't criticize it.

That's all.

Ahh... so you weren't being facetious then? And you recommend that people make all the Islam ridiculing videos they want? I'm just asking, because your response looked facetious to me.

It was only half facetious.

It was facetious because people on this board act like actual armageddon is occuring and they believe this and this and this, meanwhile, theyre so THOROUGHLY passionate that they.....what? Say it in caps on a messageboard?

But the other half is that I agree with the bolded below, 110%.

Hillary just now:

In her remarks, Clinton repeated much of what she has said in the last two days. Namely that the Benghazi attack was carried out by a "small and savage group," and that the United States completely rejects what she called the "inflammable and despicable" anti-Muslim film circulating the Internet. However, Clinton pointed out all religions have faced insults and denigration, but that's no justification for violence. The response to such insults is what separates people of true faith from those who would use religion as an excuse to commit violent acts, she said.

"When Christians are subject to insults to their faith, and that certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence. When Hindus or Buddhists are subjected to insults to their faiths, and that also certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence," said Clinton. "The same goes for all faiths, including Islam."

:clap2:

I didn't criticize it.

That's all.

It was facetious because people on this board act like actual armageddon is occuring and they believe this and this and this, meanwhile, theyre so THOROUGHLY passionate that they.....what? Say it in caps on a messageboard?

Hillary just now:

In her remarks, Clinton repeated much of what she has said in the last two days. Namely that the Benghazi attack was carried out by a "small and savage group," and that the United States completely rejects what she called the "inflammable and despicable" anti-Muslim film circulating the Internet. However, Clinton pointed out all religions have faced insults and denigration, but that's no justification for violence. The response to such insults is what separates people of true faith from those who would use religion as an excuse to commit violent acts, she said.

"When Christians are subject to insults to their faith, and that certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence. When Hindus or Buddhists are subjected to insults to their faiths, and that also certainly happens, we expect them not to resort to violence," said Clinton. "The same goes for all faiths, including Islam."

I have no problem with Clinton pointing out that this video isn't U.S. government-approved, just so long as the distinction is made that speech is protected in this country. While I don't see that specific language in the quotes above, I do think that it's there in an explanatory way. What I have a REAL problem with is the people I've seen posting the past day or so who can't seem to find their spine on Free Speech.

Hillary just now:

I have no problem with Clinton pointing out that this video isn't U.S. government-approved, just so long as the distinction is made that speech is protected in this country. While I don't see that specific language in the quotes above, I do think that it's there in an explanatory way. What I have a REAL problem with is the people I've seen posting the past day or so who can't seem to find their spine on Free Speech.

You don't see it in the bolded? C'mon, bro. She's saying that people should not react to speech with Violence. It's basic, and she's shooting straight-up....................even as more protests are happening as she spoke. That's standing on principle, not backing down for fear of violence.

Hillary just now:

You don't see it in the bolded? C'mon, bro. She's saying that people should not react to speech with Violence. It's basic, and she's shooting straight-up....................even as more protests are happening as she spoke. That's standing on principle, not backing down for fear of violence.

As I said... "While I don't see that specific language in the quotes above, I do think that it's there in an explanatory way."

As I said... "While I don't see that specific language in the quotes above, I do think that it's there in an explanatory way."

I saw two donts cuz I'm an As$

Forgiven?

I saw two donts cuz I'm an As$

Forgiven?

No biggie. It's really too bad that Barack Obama doesn't have Hillary's balls. I don't agree with her AT ALL politically, but at least she knows her way around. It will be interesting to see, in the days to come though, how it is that our embassies were without sufficient security on the anniversary of 9/11.

Since there are so few radical muslims, lets just make a movie making fun of mohammed. We have nothing to worry about. There are too few of them to cause any real trouble.

Nope how about we stop attacking people's religon? America isn't for haters

Really? I'd love to have people stop attacking Christianity.

Piss_Christ_by_Serrano_Andres_(1987).jpg

Since there are so few radical muslims, lets just make a movie making fun of mohammed. We have nothing to worry about. There are too few of them to cause any real trouble.

Was that really meant as an attack? Making a video with an intention of directly attacking Muslims is attacking people......if that movie was about Jesus spreading legs of girls....and was made by an extremist Muslim group from Saudis Arabia how angry would the Christians in America be? Just admit it

Excuse me? What does this have to do with the 1st Amendment?

Oh, that's right, nothing.

You are right it doesn't have to do with the the 1st, but then again that wasn't my point stupid. I suspect the rest of your answers are going to follow the same line of non-thought.

Huh?

Did he break a law? Are we supposed to make up rules as we go along and apply them ex post facto in order to keep you from being afraid?

Again that wasn't my point. 0-2 dipshit.

Im just going to skip the rest of your post because its apparent you are just making up an argument in order to make me look like i have no idea as to what i am talking about.

So hey good luck on that attempt, maybe you can fool someone else into taking you seriously or something.

My opinion is that there is no film or words that can ever be considered justification for murder.

The film itself is stupid. It is no excuse for the actions we've seen.

The actions you have seen it rightous freedom of speech protesting, what you did not see is acts of terrorism by Al Qaeda that killed four Americans. The protesters did not kill the Americans. What was the reason for the Watts riot,etc?

I have no problem with peaceful protests. I don't think these ignorant savages are interested in facts or peaceful protests. If they were, they would know that our governement can't control the content on the internet. Most have never seen the film and are doing someone elses bidding.

Was that really meant as an attack? Making a video with an intention of directly attacking Muslims is attacking people......if that movie was about Jesus spreading legs of girls....and was made by an extremist Muslim group from Saudis Arabia how angry would the Christians in America be? Just admit it

Christ in the artist's own urine isn't an attack? Okey dokey. Let's play nice. Let's then put a depiction of Mohammed in urine on display in art galleries world wide.

What do you think would happen? mmmmmmmmmmmmk?

I have this teeny tiny sneaking suspicion there would be a reaction from the Islamic world. If there were no deaths I do admire their passion to defend their faith. Muslims are unwaivering.

:D

And by the way, no Muslim would ever depict Christ that way. Christ is a prophet in Islam.

Most Christian bashers in America don't realize that when they slag Christ, they insult Islam greatly.

Just FYI

Jesus’ Knowledge of the Unseen

There is one Messenger, however, whom the Quran says was given knowledge of the unseen. That Messenger is Jesus Christ!

As a messenger to the Children of Israel: "I come to you with a sign from your Lord - I create for you from clay the shape of a bird, then I blow into it, and it becomes a live bird by GOD’s leave. I restore vision to the blind, heal the leprous, and I revive the dead by GOD’s leave. I can tell you what you eat, and what you store in your homes. This should be a proof for you, if you are believers." S. 3:49 Khalifa

Christ in the artist's own urine isn't an attack? Okey dokey. Let's play nice. Let's then put a depiction of Mohammed in urine on display in art galleries world wide.

I have this teeny tiny sneaking suspicion there would be a reaction from the Islamic world. If there were no deaths I do admire their passion to defend their faith. Muslims are unwaivering.

And by the way, no Muslim would ever depict Christ that way. Christ is a prophet in Islam.

Most Christian bashers in America don't realize that when they slag Christ, they insult Islam greatly.

Just FYI

There is one Messenger, however, whom the Quran says was given knowledge of the unseen. That Messenger is Jesus Christ!

As a messenger to the Children of Israel: "I come to you with a sign from your Lord - I create for you from clay the shape of a bird, then I blow into it, and it becomes a live bird by GOD’s leave. I restore vision to the blind, heal the leprous, and I revive the dead by GOD’s leave. I can tell you what you eat, and what you store in your homes. This should be a proof for you, if you are believers." S. 3:49 Khalifa

I agree with you but don't say it was Muslims who killed anyone...it was an alqaeda branch who everyone despises.....

Muhammad was given knowledge of the Unseen and he has seen the Unseen according to Islam

Just FYI

I agree with you but don't say it was Muslims who killed anyone...it was an alqaeda branch who everyone despises.....

Muhammad was given knowledge of the Unseen and he has seen the Unseen according to Islam

Unless I'm PWI and forget to post "radical" I have always maintained our issues are with radical Islam.

Or dealing with out and out crazies who happen to be Muslim. Hey, it's a huge population of the planet who are Muslim. You're going to get an "Uncle Abdul" who's never been quite right since birth and you get nervous when he's around your livestock.

The law of averages just dictates there are going to be X number of nutbar or homocidal maniacs in Islam. Just like there would be the same in any other religion.

Christianity and Islam have higher numbers on a day to day than Wicans for example.

And I'm the stupid one? Sit down.

Yes. Yes you are. Trying to make the case that muslim violence is as rare as getting hit by lightning is like trying to claim the sun is not hot. Here, educate yourself for once. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom. Just a warning though, it will take several hours to read it all. Oh yeah, this list is just for 2012.

TheReligionofPeace.com - List of Islamic Terror Attacks for 2012

Forum List

Back