Zone1 When do you think slavery would have ended in the United States if we had no Civil War.

i wanted this thread to have serious thought..thank you very little

i should report you for a Z1 infraction........, but i'm only a report button pusher in training...i have no report button pushing authority........................i'm going to find me a report pushing moderator to teach me how to handle this difficult situation

I was and am absolutely serious.

I was and am absolutely serious.
great...thank you for your 1st response.....mine a little too harsh i apologize...............hope to see you soon but i have 10 pages to respond to....this will be interesting......this is what Z1 is about

I think that many people have asked themselves that question.

Of course, I have no idea what year it would have ended.

I have read that mechanized methods of picking cotton would have eventually replaced people picking cotton.

I do think, however, that if there had NOT been a bloody civil war, maybe the ethnic situation in this country today would be more harmonious.
Probably about 600k lives and a lot of terrorism before 1860, and definitely after could have been avoided..........................providence thought otherwise

As a former Alabama resident I vehemently disagree. I feel morally certain Alabama would have outlawed slavery by 2000 at the latest.
hmmmm.......400 posts in 7 yrs and i saw the first here.................lol..............funny................

brilliant......the slave trade ended in 1800...there were no auctions thereafter....we are led to believe it was happening in 1859

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Was it worth it folks looking at the horror if we waited 20 short yrs

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

Whatever answer one gives it is undeniable that the imprudent and violent Abolitionists increased slavery and extended its life.
What you don't get is that Lincoln was always right: Changing a law does NOTHING if minds and hearts are not changed.

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Was it worth it folks looking at the horror if we waited 20 short yrs

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

-- Slavery in teh US stil exists today.-
/----/ Slavery still exists in the US today. Who are you, kidding?

Over 400,000 people living in 'modern slavery' in US, report finds​

The report, by the Global Slavery Index, also estimates most victims live in Asia, with North Korea the highest globally
More than 400,000 people could be living in “modern slavery” in the US, a condition of servitude broadly defined in a new study as forced and state-imposed labor, sexual servitude and forced marriage.

What I learned from sex slavery survivors? Hope isn't easily crushed
Penny Jaye
Read more

The Global Slavery Index, published on Thursday by Walk Free Foundation, describes modern slavery as a complex and often hidden crime that crosses borders, sectors and jurisdictions. The US number, the study estimates, is almost one hundredth of the estimated 40.3 million global total number of people it defines as being enslaved.

I think that many people have asked themselves that question.

Of course, I have no idea what year it would have ended.

I have read that mechanized methods of picking cotton would have eventually replaced people picking cotton.

I do think, however, that if there had NOT been a bloody civil war, maybe the ethnic situation in this country today would be more harmonious.
Hmmm, that seems an odd thing to say ....

By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy.

/----/ Slavery still exists in the US today. Who are you, kidding?

Over 400,000 people living in 'modern slavery' in US, report finds​

The report, by the Global Slavery Index, also estimates most victims live in Asia, with North Korea the highest globally
More than 400,000 people could be living in “modern slavery” in the US, a condition of servitude broadly defined in a new study as forced and state-imposed labor, sexual servitude and forced marriage.

What I learned from sex slavery survivors? Hope isn't easily crushed
Penny Jaye
Read more

The Global Slavery Index, published on Thursday by Walk Free Foundation, describes modern slavery as a complex and often hidden crime that crosses borders, sectors and jurisdictions. The US number, the study estimates, is almost one hundredth of the estimated 40.3 million global total number of people it defines as being enslaved.
abortion is probably the chief cause nowadays as the gendercide of female babies has caused such a disparity that in China and India kidnapping. prostitution, and rape have exploded
Consider

We want a future in India with girls in it.​

63 million girls are missing from India’s population. Join us in ending female gendercide!

Slavery never would have ended. Slavery for the South was not an economic system or a social construct. No, it was a religious sacrament. Something to do with Noah cursing Ham for something and telling him he would be everyone's slave.

Forum List

Back