Zone1 When do you think slavery would have ended in the United States if we had no Civil War.

Hang on Sloopy

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2015
If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Was it worth it folks looking at the horror if we waited 20 short yrs

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

• Banned
Educated people know that people have conquered other people since time.

Educated people know every land was invaded by someone in time.

Educated people know slavery was not born of racism, but simply stronger conquering the weaker

Educated people know that African slave gathering was relatively new in time context

Educated people know American Indians conquered other Indians....Africans enslaving other Africans....etc

So who can argue any of these statements?

I think that many people have asked themselves that question.

Of course, I have no idea what year it would have ended.

I have read that mechanized methods of picking cotton would have eventually replaced people picking cotton.

I do think, however, that if there had NOT been a bloody civil war, maybe the ethnic situation in this country today would be more harmonious.

• Banned
I think that many people have asked themselves that question.

Of course, I have no idea what year it would have ended.

I have read that mechanized methods of picking cotton would have eventually replaced people picking cotton.

I do think that if there had not been a bloody civil war, maybe the ethnic situation in this country today would not be so bitter.
1888 Brazil was the last so I go with that

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

/---/ Never. It would still be practiced in certain parts of the country.

I would guess it would have been phased out by the 1880s

They would have implemented some type of Apartheid with more severe restrictions than Jim Crow

According to ESPN, Athletes and the Marxist loser on the right slavery still exists LOL.

There are more slaves today than at any other time in human history.

What you mean is when would black slavery have ended that ended hundreds of years ago that the Left virtue signals about as they ignore slavery of today that they could do something about but won't.

Forum List

Back