Zone1 When do you think slavery would have ended in the United States if we had no Civil War.

How about recognizing that slaves came here with skills?
Are you kidding? Why do you think blacks are in general not very well off, even a long time past their ancestors being freed?

Slavery didn't end in America until the 1940's It was done by another name-convict leasing.

And in fact slavery can still be practiced in America today.

On December 6, 1865, the thirteenth Amendment was ratified, officially ending slavery in the United States, except as punishment for a crime.
I am white and was a slave of the US Army in the early 1960s.

This is a pile of ignorant dog feces.

Take it up with Thomas Sowell. He just wrote an excellent book on why you silly little frauds need to be spanked and tossed back on the porch. You gimps should be paying white people reparations for all the idiot mindless crap you do.

Yes. the North won the Civil War with all those spears you high tech craftsmen made for them. lol you didn't even have wagons, much less horses or plows, so what 'skills' did you have, besides eating, raping, and sharpening sticks?

The freeloaders were the whites who wanted to live comfortable, dainty, genteel lifestyles off the backs of their slaves. And it's freeloaders like Robert E Lee and Jefferson Davis who their poor, ignorant, cuck white descendants venerate. Immigrants on the other hand are some of the hardest working people you'll ever meet. Right Wing make believe is so desperate to pretend to be everything it's not. 😄
You are talking about a few thousand people during the entire history of slavery in the USA.

We need good hardworking LEGAL immigrants who want to assimilate, not radical rabble rousers like you.

Slavery didn't end in America until the 1940's It was done by another name-convict leasing.

And in fact slavery can still be practiced in America today.

On December 6, 1865, the thirteenth Amendment was ratified, officially ending slavery in the United States, except as punishment for a crime.
That's a pile of bullcrap. How many CONVICTS were leased in those eighty years? Ten thousand? Rightly or wrongly, those convicts were condemned prisoners found guilty in a court of law.

What skills? Hunting with spears and bows? How about building grass huts? There was little agriculture in West Africa where most slaves came from. African agriculture didn't translate to North American cash crops like tobacco and cotton.

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Was it worth it folks looking at the horror if we waited 20 short yrs

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

Slavery has never ended.

Just type into Google, "Modern day slavery".

You are talking about a few thousand people during the entire history of slavery in the USA.
And the millions who venerate their lazy assess? There's an entire southern culture built around idolaizing that type of shiftlessness.
We need good hardworking LEGAL immigrants who want to assimilate, not radical rabble rousers like you.
You feel free to abandon your culture, Simp. I'll do me.

This thread has been closed by its author. No further replies will be tolerated.

My next reply will have a big set of hanging **** on display. Stormy's as a matter of fact.

That'll fix ya

Take it up with Thomas Sowell. He just wrote an excellent book on why you silly little frauds need to be spanked and tossed back on the porch. You gimps should be paying white people reparations for all the idiot mindless crap you do.
Maybe if in reality you all weren't incompetent morons that would be happening instead of what is actually happening. You getting replaced without much muss or fuss. 😄

If we look at Brazil finally succumbing to LEGAL slavery in 1888, I'll use that as my answer......1888

Was it worth it to split this country and lose 600k of its citizens when slavery would have ended by law 20 yrs later??

And to create such an abysmal political welfare state (give them just enough crumbs to live by) and continuing legal slavery to this day even

Most people aren't educated to know the North Atlantic Slave Trade ended around 1810 and legal capture ended. So it wasn't like it was still going on our shores

I spent about 7 years on this topic and think you have it wrong.
The Brazil example is useless, Slavery WAS on the way out but the cotton gin made it economically valuable.
It would not have ended in 20 years as Lincoln proved in his debates with Stephen Douglas.
Frederick Douglass sided with Lincoln and he is the arch-speaker for Slaves.

You are not educated to know that the North Atlantic slave trade was manned top to bottom by BLACKS
Here are 2 witnesses to that

FREDERICK DOUGLASS
The African role in the slave trade was fully understood and openly acknowledged by many African-Americans even before the Civil War. For Frederick Douglass, it was an argument against repatriation schemes for the freed slaves. “The savage chiefs of the western coasts of Africa, who for ages have been accustomed to selling their captives into bondage and pocketing the ready cash for them, will not more readily accept our moral and economical ideas than the slave traders of Maryland and Virginia,” he warned. “We are, therefore, less inclined to go to Africa to work against the slave trade than to stay here to work against it.”...

HENRY LOUIS GATES
As Gates asks, “How did slaves make it to these coastal forts?”

The reality is that nearly all who were sent across the Atlantic in chains were enslaved by Africans.

Gates cites two leading historians of the slave trade, John Thornton and Linda Heywood of Boston University, for the proposition that roughly 90% of the slaves sent across the Middle Passage were enslaved by African traders and then sold to Europeans along the coast. Other leading scholars believe that the percentage is actually much higher, that only at the margins were any Africans enslaved directly by Europeans.

The leading role of Africans in the slave trade was a necessary one. The slave trade took place before Europeans colonized the continent of Africa, and white traders exercised little influence beyond their coastal trading posts. Only African societies could extract slaves from the interior of the continent, primarily by taking captives in wars or kidnapping in raids.

AND THE REALLY COUNTER-INTUITIVE FACT THAT YOU DON"T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE : Nothing fueled slavery like the Abolitionist Moverment !! After John Brown the manumission and liberation groups in the South started failing

The war as started by treasonous war criminals in states that engaged in lawless rebellion and insurrection against the United States – a war to preserve the Union, put down the treasonous rebellion, and end slavery was perfectly warranted and necessary.

And there’s no indication that slavery would end anytime soon in the South.

Read Lincoln’s first inaugural address – it’s a craven capitulation to the South; Lincoln begging the South to not secede, stating that slavery was Constitutional, and that the Federal government would do nothing to interfere with slavery, pleading with the South to not resort to war.

It’s likely slavery would have remained well into the 20th Century in the South – and in many respects it did the consequence of Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.

I think it would have happened sooner. The South was losing so much economic development because of slavery.

Just in a economic competitive way, slavery is a loser. They are inefficient, and low producing. Machines are orders of magnitude faster. So, in an effort to not go extinct as an industry they would have had to abandon slavery very soon.

This thread has been closed by its author....Thank You.................Gee I never responded once on this thing...lol except THREE-3 times as this.

I think it would have happened sooner. The South was losing so much economic development because of slavery.

Just in a economic competitive way, slavery is a loser. They are inefficient, and low producing. Machines are orders of magnitude faster. So, in an effort to not go extinct as an industry they would have had to abandon slavery very soon.

The caveat here is that southern terrain didn't lend itself to mechanization like the Midwest and Great plains did; too many hills, gullies, streams, and swamps to make machines profitable as they were in the corn and wheat regions. It wasn't until after WW II that a mechanical cotton picker was invented that worked; the resulting unemployment among blacks was a major contributor to the Civil Rights movement.

The mono-economy sucked up all investment, so it was actually 'free markets' that doomed the South; cotton was more lucrative than industrialization or any other business venture, so it drew most of the capital. They could have developed an iron and steel industry, and did later on, around Birmingham, but that was post-slavery and dominated by the U.S. Steel trust., not local investors, so yes, slavery was a cause of their defeat in the Civil War, along with too narrow economic development.

The war as started by treasonous war criminals in states that engaged in lawless rebellion and insurrection against the United States – a war to preserve the Union, put down the treasonous rebellion, and end slavery was perfectly warranted and necessary.

And there’s no indication that slavery would end anytime soon in the South.

Read Lincoln’s first inaugural address – it’s a craven capitulation to the South; Lincoln begging the South to not secede, stating that slavery was Constitutional, and that the Federal government would do nothing to interfere with slavery, pleading with the South to not resort to war.

It’s likely slavery would have remained well into the 20th Century in the South – and in many respects it did the consequence of Jim Crow, black codes, and segregation.
And yet this nation was founded by terrorist traitors and you approve that, don't you?

It might still be legal in Alabama.
i wanted this thread to have serious thought..thank you very little

i should report you for a Z1 infraction........, but i'm only a report button pusher in training...i have no report button pushing authority........................i'm going to find me a report pushing moderator to teach me how to handle this difficult situation

Forum List

Back