When Cops Become Thieves

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
This ain't good. I expect it to grow as good people refuse to take this thankless job. Our police will become ghettoized just like football

You can't continue to villanize the police and expect to get good people. Even good people will eventually think I am being made into a villan anyway no matter what I do.

If so many are so concerned with our police being so bad just remove them and do without. A quick lesson in lawlessness would do wonders.

The police are so demonized that the only reason to become a police officer is to get what you can.

The police are so demonized that the only reason to become a police officer is to get what you can.

A few bad apples do ruin the whole bushel. When people in authority start realizing they can get away with small infractions and nobody says a word. The Level of misconduct will escalate until they get caught. Ex: Police officers respond to a break in alarm at a shoe store.. When they arrive the front window is smashed and there appears to be a lot of empty shelf space. So while they were there waiting for a store representative they selected some shoes for themselves and were caught on video. When the store investigated the break in. They turned the video over to the Police dept. The reply they got was stunning. Response was that the officers removed the merchandise to have it checked for latent prints, However, the dept. could not determine where the merchandise went after it left the store, and may have been returned to the store in all the confusion post break in. Since there was no video during the time the video was being downloaded for use by the police the items could have been returned and gone unnoticed. true story from a good friend !

You can't continue to villanize the police and expect to get good people. Even good people will eventually think I am being made into a villan anyway no matter what I do.

If so many are so concerned with our police being so bad just remove them and do without. A quick lesson in lawlessness would do wonders.

So you have to simply accept the bad to have a police force? Is this really what you are going to stand on?

So you have to simply accept the bad to have a police force? Is this really what you are going to stand on?
Give them a monthly lie detection test.
Begin with :"Have you ever peed in the shower?"
When they say no. YOU BE FIRED !

A few bad apples do ruin the whole bushel. When people in authority start realizing they can get away with small infractions and nobody says a word. The Level of misconduct will escalate until they get caught. Ex: Police officers respond to a break in alarm at a shoe store.. When they arrive the front window is smashed and there appears to be a lot of empty shelf space. So while they were there waiting for a store representative they selected some shoes for themselves and were caught on video. When the store investigated the break in. They turned the video over to the Police dept. The reply they got was stunning. Response was that the officers removed the merchandise to have it checked for latent prints, However, the dept. could not determine where the merchandise went after it left the store, and may have been returned to the store in all the confusion post break in. Since there was no video during the time the video was being downloaded for use by the police the items could have been returned and gone unnoticed. true story from a good friend !

Interesting. In my agency if something like that happened IA would be all over it. I ran my agencies IA Unit for three years, the worst job I ever had. First, I would find out which officer responded in that matter, and did not refer the video evidence to us. Then each officer would be interviewed twice, at least a week apart. Interviews would be recorded, and done by two different different members of my unit.

The Peace Officer's Bill of Rights provides these officers the right to have a representative, who could also record the interview, but not to intervene in any manner during the interview..

The officers would be admonished to not discuss the matter with anyone else, and if they lied about the shoes, or were found to have discussed the issue with anyone, other than their rep. our finding would be sent to HR with a recommendation that they be fired.

So does this mean that FBI and other federal law enforcement officers should get a pass for wrongdoing because of how they have been demonized then? gtfoh

Way to COMPLETELY misrepresent what he said.

So tell me, how does one reply to a remark that we have to simply accept the corruption ?

So tell me, how does one reply to a remark that we have to simply accept the corruption ?

That's not what he said, brainlet.

He's saying that as we continue to demonize the police, those with commendable integrity will forego being police officers altogether. What honorable person is going to want a job where he's constantly vilified? I sure as hell wouldn't. So guess what's left to choose from - crap people. And the more you disparage the virtuous, the more crap you'll get. This ain't rocket surgery.

He's saying that as we continue to demonize the police, those with commendable integrity will forego being police officers altogether. What honorable person is going to want a job where he's constantly vilified? I sure as hell wouldn't. So guess what's left to choose from - crap people. And the more you disparage the virtuous, the more crap you'll get. This ain't rocket surgery.
Good cops have to face the fact EVERY DAY that one "wrong" move in legitimately doing their job, they can wind up in prison simply to satisfy the mob.

Detroit's Walter Budson and Larry Nevers for example

Last edited:

People aren't condemning good officers except for when they cover for bad officers.

Yes, when bad officers are covered and not held accountable that makes the entire system look bad.

The solution is simple. Quit covering for it.

Good cops have to face the fact EVERY DAY that on we "wrong" move in legitimately doingv5heir job, they can wind up in prison simply to satisfy the mob.

Your best example is from over a quarter of a century ago?

Lol you really are funny. But I can see if you hold the wording sideways and add a few words you might get that out of what I wrote.

It isn't a matter of accepting the bad. Treat police officers badly enough. Douse them with water. Throw garbage on them. Obstruct their work. Scream and curse at them. No decent person will take the job. No one HAS to be a police officer. They have to get something other than abuse for a paycheck. There has to be at least, job satisfaction. Take that away and there is nothing but take as much as you can as fast as you can. All you get are people who will take abuse because they are criminals thinking of that next big score.

Good cops have to face the fact EVERY DAY that on we "wrong" move in legitimately doingv5heir job, they can wind up in prison simply to satisfy the mob.

They wrongly died in prison.

The cop who had to shoot the gentle giant had to go into hiding. He wasnt prosecuted, but his life was destroyed by the lying mob.

There are endless examples

Lol you really are funny. But I can see if you hold the wording sideways and add a few words you might get that out of what I wrote.

Well there you go. If one reads into what you wrote you get what I asked you about writing.

To note, you didn't correct my perception of what you wrote.

They wrongly died in prison.

The cop who had to shoot the gentle giant had to go into hiding. He wasnt prosecuted, but his life was destroyed by the lying mob.

There are endless examples

The guy probably bashed his own head in. People are known to do that. Or they used to before video.

Forum List

Back