When Christians Pray...Does It Change Anything

When has the Message not been about Forgiveness, Remission of Sin, Salvation, Best Foot Forward?

Every time it's cold out and I jump in the hot shower , I piss myself. Did Geeziss piss when he was being Baptized ? I gotta hit the rack. The guys will be here in six hours. Bong hit, brush teeth and say my prayers " Douger, ye haveth to getteth yer stupid ass up in six hours.Amen"

I know folks can't help it because of their brainwashing into the ancient god thing but prayer is totally ineffective. I know it is because of what I witnessed from my youngest memories. When I was born in 1934 the average life expectancy of a White male in the United States was 61. If someone survived their first heart attack they would mope around essentially incapcitated for a couple of years then die. Cancer was a death sentence. The only treatment was surgery and over half the time the tumor metasticised and spread all through the body and usually they lasted a year after that if they were lucky. Wednesday evening prayer meetings all over this country were crowded and prayer lists were a foot long. Every family either had a member or a close friend who was sick or dying. People prayed till their knees were bloody and the aflicted suffered and died anyway. Either the almighty supreme being didn't answer the prayers or he was AWOL from his job.

Now the average life expectency of a White male at birth is 78. Thanks to the spin offs from the moon landing in the late 60's we have sophisticated diagnostic systems, MRI, CTscans, ultrasound, endoscopy, colonoscopy, heart catheri ation procedures, stents, bypasses, transplants, stem cell technology, chemo, radiation and limited invasive surgical procedures which produce much lower mortality statistics. The Christians think god is watching out for them. What about the millions upon millions who died or suffered unmercifully before all this technology and research came about through countless months and years of human dedication and effort..the ones who regardless of the dedication of those who prayed...suffered and died.

A few weeks ago one of my high school mates about 78 years old actually ask all of us to pray for positive results for an abdominal ultrasound and colonoscopy she had scheduled. Turned out she had indigestion.

The egotism and arrogance of those who cling to ancient god worship knows no bounds. If the creator of the universe visited us tomorrow do you really think he would meet with you

If you can't get an audience with the pope I'll be damned if I can see why you would be visited by the creator.

Oh yea, things change. Some shake and fall over with their eyes rolling up into their heads. Some speak in what they call "tongues". Some pray the President die.

It's all very strange and sometimes "entertaining". But it shouldn't be shown to children. They are too easy to indoctrinate. Wait until they are older and can decide for themselves whether or not to believe in "Noah's Ark" and a story about a man who lived in a whale.

You must be so ashamed of Obama and Michelle for indoctrinating their girls.

As for whether or not prayer changes anything...of course, it's no different for many than the power of positive thinking, which absolutely can influence the outcome of a situation.

My normal response was "oh shit!" Then I would sing a song to calm down. That allways did the trick for me.

Do you people ever actually read the bible

Do you even have a clue what's there

The one doing the praying is the one who benefits but I know from my 77 years on this earth that whoever is being prayed for is shit out of luck I mean my goodness the statistics prove it. Anybody who can not read charts, graphs......clear text for that matter, has real problems in the head....especially if they think some invisible man in the sky is there for their beck and call.

Look.....if it's all god's devine plan why are you trying to change it. Don't you trust him enough to believe he will carry out his promises

Luke 12:

25 ¶ Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory 1 Kgs. 10.4-7 · 2 Chr. 9.3-6 was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 ¶ Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (401K anyone)

God must have never shown you a miracle then...huh? If you had experienced even one, you wouldn't feel the way you do now.
A miracle? Nope none for me.

Now a decent republican presidential candiate would be a miracle.

Who says His plans are set in stone?

sounds kinda SET to me:

Revelation 21:7

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Clearly you guys don't understand that there are principles you dont compromise and other thing that can depend on mood.

Do agnostics think Christian prayer violates some aspect of the separation of church and state or are agnostics becoming missionaries for their own negative set of beliefs?

some atheists feel they have a missionary duty. I just prefer to leave others alone as long as they leave me alone and do not need a group to beliong to.

As for seperation of church and state prayer is fine as long as it is not done whhile in an official govt capacity or forced upon the impressionalble young in school.
Each child can choose to pray silently to god at any time. I have been told he has excellent hearing of even unspoken things.

Nor do I want any religious based laws.
From ANY religion.
Well that ain't a gonna' happen. The creator of the universe gave them other instructions. The whole damn game is rigged;

Mark 16:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

and

Matthew 10:

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Last edited:
Do agnostics think Christian prayer violates some aspect of the separation of church and state or are agnostics becoming missionaries for their own negative set of beliefs?

some atheists feel they have a missionary duty. I just prefer to leave others alone as long as they leave me alone and do not need a group to beliong to.

As for seperation of church and state prayer is fine as long as it is not done whhile in an official govt capacity or forced upon the impressionalble young in school.
Each child can choose to pray silently to god at any time. I have been told he has excellent hearing of even unspoken things.

From ANY religion.
Well that ain't a gonna' happen. The creator of the universe gave them other instructions. The whole damn game is rigged;

Mark 16:

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

and

Matthew 10:

32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

That's right, God did tell us to do this....but He DIDN'T tell us to shove our beliefs down people's thoats. I've never done that, if someone doesn't want to listen to me i don't force it.

So why do YOU think you have to force your stupidity on the rest of us?

LMAO!!!! I strongly suspect you didn't listen to George either. Christians never even hear words spoken to them much less voluntarily invite something contrary to their brainwashing. You forget.....I lived the church life including being there three days a week and tithing my gross until I was over sixty years old.

1) I am not a Christian.

2) You still don't have a clue what I said. Go back and try again. Or here, I'll repeat the important part:

"Probability is not fixed."

Now, think about that for a while, if you can engage your brain.

I'm not convinced he has the brain to engage. He may well be a perfect example of 'brain dead'. Scary thought.

From ANY religion.

Mark 16:

and

Matthew 10:

That's right, God did tell us to do this....but He DIDN'T tell us to shove our beliefs down people's thoats. I've never done that, if someone doesn't want to listen to me i don't force it.

I know I'm doing my job when I hear dog that's been bitten growl.

Last edited:

Mark 16:

and

Matthew 10:

You keep telling yourself that. Some day, MAYBE it will become true!

:thup:

(And, don't give up on playing the lottery, either. Random chance is always a good bet. :lol:)

(And, don't give up on playing the lottery, either. Random chance is always a good bet. :lol:)

The people who actually believe there's an invisible man in the sky are playing the lottery....not me. I like to actually be able to see something before I invest in it or bet on it.

Last edited:

sounds kinda SET to me:

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Clearly you guys don't understand that there are principles you dont compromise and other thing that can depend on mood.

I really like the "all liars" part. And yet politicians claim to be Christians :D

sounds kinda SET to me:

They don't comprehend Remission Of Sin, Deliverance From Evil, Reconciliation, Grace. You would think that They would think, that for Them to stop finger pointing would be the death of them. :) The part about Go on, Live Your Life is too abstract. :) :lol: ;)

sounds kinda SET to me:

I really like the "all liars" part. And yet politicians claim to be Christians :D

Politicans aren't the problem. They say what they have to say in order to get elected. It's the 175,000,000 or 180,000,000 Americans who believe that horse schit who require it...or at least say they do.

The people who actually believe there's an invisible man in the sky are playing the lottery....not me. I like to actually be able to see something before I invest in it or bet on it.
Well, MY point was to laugh at your delusion that you think you are making a difference.

You might be, but it's not the difference about which you delude yourself.

If you can't get an audience with the pope I'll be damned if I can see why you would be visited by the creator.

Why do you care? If it makes people feel better AND they don't bother anyone else with it, it's their business...

*Bother* is might subjective.

Which is probably why is no "right not to be bothered" listed in the Constitution. Or anywhere else.

Forum List

Back