When Christians Pray...Does It Change Anything

Clearly you guys don't understand that there are principles you dont compromise and other thing that can depend on mood.

I really like the "all liars" part. And yet politicians claim to be Christians :D

Politicans aren't the problem. They say what they have to say in order to get elected. It's the 175,000,000 or 180,000,000 Americans who believe that horse schit who require it...or at least say they do.

Politician are not the problem?

In a way you are correct they would not get elected if not for the stupit masses.

But lying politicians are a BIG problem.
but it is comforting to know that they will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity for their lying.

Yes. But you don't really understand the purpose of prayer. The best statement on the purpose of prayer I've ever found is in a Bible dictionary:

As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7–11). Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship. Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.

The purpose of prayer is to make the Prayer feel good. The Prayee would never know the difference unless somebody told them. That's what's unique about Christians. They're always dropping the god name like they're on a first name basis with he-she-it and telling people, "I'll Pray For You!!"

If I didn't want to maintain some kind of relationship with my family, friends and past associates I'd tell them not to waste their breath. Christians are so goddamned egotistical and arrogant they actually believe they're doing a person a favor by telling them that. It's the biggest crock of schit in the history of civili ed man. The statistics in my original post prove to any logical, reasonable person that the schit doesn't work.

Oh......to add to that. I heard this morning that 30% of babies born today can expect to live to 100.......to live till 2112. Ol' Gawd sure did phuck the billions of us who came along early. All that suffering and death at 50, 60 etc.

Your failure to understand the Christian religion, in no way reflects on the validity of the Christian religion. It does reflect on your ability to reason logically, and your ability to be tolerant of the opinions of others.

Religion, of all sorts, is based on faith. The person asking God to bless him/her, or others must have faith that their prayers will bring results. With enough faith, one could move mountains, calm the seas, or walk on water. Obviously, we are all weak in faith.

To our knowledge, God has never harmed, caused harm, or allowed harm to a single soul. Many confuse the human body and the ills that befall that body, with the person imprisoned within that body. That soul is God's concern, not the human body.

I really like the "all liars" part. And yet politicians claim to be Christians :D

Politicans aren't the problem. They say what they have to say in order to get elected. It's the 175,000,000 or 180,000,000 Americans who believe that horse schit who require it...or at least say they do.

Politician are not the problem?

In a way you are correct they would not get elected if not for the stupit masses.

But lying politicians are a BIG problem.
but it is comforting to know that they will burn in the lake of fire for all eternity for their lying.

Oh...Christians are very selective in which parts of the bible they embrace. Their faith has changed more times than Jacqueline Kennedy's underwear:

1) The church required infant baptism for a thousand years. After people began to doubt that a loving god would burn an infant in eternal hell and protested...the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there

2) The church hunted down, tortured and killed young women who had been accused of witchcraft for thousands of years. When ordinary people reali ed that there is no such thing as witchcraft the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

3) The church tolerated and often accomodated slavery for thousands of years but when the "Free Man" concept began they shut up. The scripture is still there.

4) The church required the submission of women and kept them pregnant and at home for thousands of years but after the various women's movements demanded equality the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

5) After preaching hundreds of billions of hell fire and brimstone sermons across thousands of years when the public began to reject the eternal flames concept guess what....the church began to say it was all a misunderstanding and translation problem so we now have a flame free hell. The scripture is still there.

6) The church has condemned homosexuality and been responsible for the torture and killing of enormous numbers of human's who were born a certain way and had to either hide their lifestyle or falsely reject it. This has continued since the gospel was first preached but now modern lifestyles have even accomodated church membership for many homosexuals. The scripture is still there.

Religion is a man's game written for their own interests and and anyone who fails to see the truth in the conceived image of primitive mankind and the similarities to their conceived god which reflects their own weakness has either been brainwashed with the bullschit, is very ill informed or naive.

Last edited:
Has Dummmbell ever persuaded any person of faith to stop having religious beliefs?

No. But he keeps pleading his "case."

He has faith.

You people make my rectum crave lime juice. I take ten minutes to key some absolute facts and not once do you ever refute one of them. You can name call and dodge and dart all you want to but your ass will die and you will be as dead as a limb from a tree.

Anybody who changes their life style and gives their money to have a chance at some totally impossible dream from ancient times has to be the most stupid collection of people en masse in the earth's history.

Last edited:
The people who actually believe there's an invisible man in the sky are playing the lottery....not me. I like to actually be able to see something before I invest in it or bet on it.

And yet you fail to see. It's a shame.

You don't understand prayer and you think it's ridiculous. Prayer isn't playing a game or a lottery. It's communicating with our Father in Heaven. If you think prayer is calling God up, giving Him a grocery list, and expecting any results from that, then you don't know for a second what prayer is.

Has Dummmbell ever persuaded any person of faith to stop having religious beliefs?

He has faith.

You people make my rectum crave lime juice. I take ten minutes to key some absolute facts and not once do you ever refute one of them. You can name call and dodge and dart all you want to but your ass will die and you will be as dead as as limb from a tree.

Anybody who changes their life style and gives their money to have a chance at some totally impossible dream from ancient times has to be the most stupid collection of people en masse in the earth's history.

You sip juice with your ass? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

I knew you were a complete asshole, but I never expected you to so readily confirm it.

Do you at least use a straw?

You don't post facts, by the way, you fucking senile dishonest piece of shit.

You seem hell bent on proselytizing. You are like a fucking Muslim trying to make other people share YOUR mere beliefs. :cuckoo:

And the facts are clear. YOU are incapable of convincing anybody of anything because (a) you are hideously stupid, (b) you are quite totally unpersuasive and (c) you are unable to recognize that (even if you possessed actual intelligence or logic) you cannot "prove" with your alleged "facts" something that exists outside the realm of formal proof.

This is why you have never convinced anybody not to "believe" whatever religious things they have chosen to believe.

I have certainly prayed for certain things and had my prayers answered. Sometimes in some very strange ways which I take to make me understand that it was not a coincidence, my prayer was really being answered. I once very sincerely offered a heartfelt prayer for a reliable car. I was desperate so my prayer came from the very depths of my being.

Sometimes the answer is No. I did though, get a brand new car.

I didn't even pray for a new car, just one that ran well.

Last edited:

He has faith.

You people make my rectum crave lime juice. I take ten minutes to key some absolute facts and not once do you ever refute one of them. You can name call and dodge and dart all you want to but your ass will die and you will be as dead as as limb from a tree.

I knew you were a complete asshole, but I never expected you to so readily confirm it.

You seem hell bent on proselytizing. You are like a fucking Muslim trying to make other people share YOUR mere beliefs. :cuckoo:

And the facts are clear. YOU are incapable of convincing anybody of anything because (a) you are hideously stupid, (b) you are quite totally unpersuasive and (c) you are unable to recognize that (even if you possessed actual intelligence or logic) you cannot "prove" with your alleged "facts" something that exists outside the realm of formal proof.

This is why you have never convinced anybody not to "believe" whatever religious things they have chosen to believe.

Refute one goddam thing...just one:

1) The church required infant baptism for a thousand years. After people began to doubt that a loving god would burn an infant in eternal hell and protested...the church stopped requiring it. The scripture is still there

2) The church hunted down, tortured and killed young women who had been accused of witchcraft for thousands of years. When ordinary people reali ed that there is no such thing as witchcraft the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

3) The church tolerated and often accomodated slavery for thousands of years but when the "Free Man" concept began they shut up. The scripture is still there.

4) The church required the submission of women and kept them pregnant and at home for thousands of years but after the various women's movements demanded equality the church stopped mentioning it. The scripture is still there.

5) After preaching hundreds of billions of hell fire and brimstone sermons across thousands of years when the public began to reject the eternal flames concept guess what....the church began to say it was all a misunderstanding and translation problem so we now have a flame free hell. The scripture is still there.

6) The church has condemned homosexuality and been responsible for the torture and killing of enormous numbers of human's who were born a certain way and had to either hide their lifestyle or falsely reject it. This has continued since the gospel was first preached but now modern lifestyles have even accomodated church membership for many homosexuals. The scripture is still there.

Religion is a man's game written for their own interests.

Not only did I not bother to read that litany of shit you want disputed, it is highly irrational of you to seek it.

Who fucking CARES?

Is there any chance of a a a a a a a
POINT?

What Is your fucking point, you senile dipshit?

That you find religious beliefs to be ludicrous. Well jolly good for you. And we should care because ?????

OR, is it tht you imagine you have the ability to somehow persuade OTHERS tht their religious beliefs are ludicrous?

Because if it's the latter, then you must eventually embrace your inner (and outer) fail.

You are incapable of persuasion.

Id refute it, but you didnt really pay attention the last dozen times ive refuted your cut and paste job.

Id refute it, but you didnt really pay attention the last dozen times ive refuted your cut and paste job.

In other words you're just like Rick Santorum....believe in home schooling, Christian schools and colleges, etc. That's one avenue those who believe in the invisible man can't travel. The road to science and knowledge. Hey....believe the 2000 year old fairy tale if you like but I don't want to see or hear about it. As long as people post the religious bullshit story I'll be right here to put in print the thousands of contradictions which exist today. The number of agnostics and atheists in this country will continue to grow just as the number of people dressing up and giving their money to some out of breath preacher on Sunday mornings is decreasing. People are finally smart enough to overcome their childhood brainwashing.

Nobody has ever began to remember about their brainwashing any earlier than I can. I can still see the expression on my maternal grandmother's face when she frst warned me about sin and the devil. I was probably a little over two years old. My third and fourth grade teachers at McKen ie and Milan, TN assigned all of us bible verses on Monday to recite back to the class on Fridays. We started the day with the lord's prayer followed by the pledge of allegiance...which incidently did not include "Under God." That little phrase was added by the right wing McCarthyites in the early 50's. Let's see how far some bible thumping public school teacher can get brainwashing 7-8 year old students today. Face it...Religion's days are numbered.

The church has always been against knowledge. They have fought for every stupid religious bit of crap like a flat earth, witch hunts and killings, infant baptism, the submission of women, slavery etc. tooth and toenail until it finally became a relic.....just like the whole damned idea is going to vanish in time. Ancient god worship is scare tactic horse shit.

Oh....I should mention that the Internet will finally be the death of all religious bullshit. People are smart enough that when they communicate and use factual imformation they will soon be way to smart to believe that some invisible man in the sky is directing their lives. Do you understand that you can google with a set of proper keywords and any post on this forum will come up in the selected web pages

Last edited:
So Rick Santorum has refuted you and you've ignored him too? Im impressed. I figured he'd be too busy campaigning to spend time refuting you.

It's funny that you seem to think that knowledge is incompatible with faith. Especially when the Glory of God is intelligence. Faith didn't prevent me from educating myself and working my way through graduate school. Quite the opposite. It enhanced my abilities. Without it I have no doubt I would have been drinking and doing other stupid things that would create a stumbling block to gaining my education.

I think you're wrong about the internet. The internet may destroy many lives because of the evils of pornography and other dangerous vices, but it will also allow men and women of faith to testify boldly to people throughout the world that Jesus is the Christ. I know that He is the Savior of the World the same way Peter did. And anyone else can learn the truth the same way.

I can promise you that the exact opposite of what you expect to happen will happen. We are entering a period of spiritual awakening and growth that will rival the Great Awakening. The Lord is preparing those will listen for the trials to coming and promising them greater blessings because of it. If you live longer, you will see miracles occur.

If you can't get an audience with the pope I'll be damned if I can see why you would be visited by the creator.

Why do you care? If it makes people feel better AND they don't bother anyone else with it, it's their business...

*Bother* is might subjective.

Which is probably why is no "right not to be bothered" listed in the Constitution. Or anywhere else.

why are you talking about the consititution? that isn't the issue.

and as long as it's not government paid for you can do whatever you want.

but you don't get to indoctrinate my son.

it's not really that complicated.

just pretend you're a muslim trying to proselytize to you....

then put yourself in the other person's shoes.

it's called empathy.

Some people take great comfort in their religion, whatever it is. Whether prayers are answered or not, there's a whole lot of people who help each other through their church and that's a good thing. I've never been big on deciding for someone else what's best for them, there are some things that are best left to the individual to decide for themselves.

Some people take great comfort in their religion, whatever it is. Whether prayers are answered or not, there's a whole lot of people who help each other through their church and that's a good thing. I've never been big on deciding for someone else what's best for them, there are some things that are best left to the individual to decide for themselves.

I don't mind you saying that....it's the truth. Our entire culture has been built around religion. That's doesn't mean it is right it just means each generation has brainwashed the next with bullshit for the last 2000 years....or the Jews for about 5000-6000 years. If the things which have happened in the name of religion for all those years is the best god can do.....screw him and the jackass he rode in on.

If I pray to God to help me find my missing car keys when I'm late for an appointment, and a few minutes later I find them, how can I tell whether God intervened to help find my car keys or I just ended up finding them on my own? If God knows the future and his plan is set in stone, wouldn't that make intercessory prayer futile?

Here's a link to an interesting study on the power of prayer: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html?pagewanted=all

Finding your car keys is by chance as is losing them
if you CAR breaks down do you pray to god to fix it or sent it to a mechanic ?
if god FIXED the car with out the use of a mechanic it would surely be prove of his existance
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

Forum List

Back