When are we going to Mars, Shrub?

A question that doesn't really relate to Bush:

Is it really all that important that we send a man to Mars? In the big scheme of things, aren't there better ways to spend our tax money?

I am actually glad spidey asked this question.

It shows that he is running out of thing to bitch about.

If the worse he can come up now is "why aren't we going to Mars," I'll take it.

gop_jeff said:
A question that doesn't really relate to Bush:

Is it really all that important that we send a man to Mars? In the big scheme of things, aren't there better ways to spend our tax money?

It's hard to say. You're probably right. However, if there are some particularly difficult technical challenges to overcome in sending man to Mars, then we might develop technologies that have terrestrial uses as well.

One could argue that if those same resources were used for directed research in other areas, they might be better utilized.

:dunno:

SpidermanTuba said:
When are we going to put a human on Mars, anyway, Mr. Bush?

Is this all that's been done so far, a commission has made a report?
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/mars/

It took us only 8 years to get to the Moon after JFK said to go and do it.

What are you waiting for Bush? Were you just putting us on?

Considering the first rumblings of going to Mars were 15 years before he took office, I am wondering how you justify laying this at his feet. Not that you feel the need to have justification, for anything, ever.

Seems to me, when it comes to space travel, that President Bush has put more ground work into eventually going to Mars than any other president. He wants to go back to the moon by 2020. We haven't had a space mission to another surface in about 3 decades, and with all the problems NASA has had in more recent years, I wouldn't think jumping up and sending people to Mars next Saturday would be a very good idea.

Not to mention, there have been a few tiny little things happen that require attention first.

So, what's your rush?

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
SpidermanTuba said:
When are we going to put a human on Mars, anyway, Mr. Bush?

Is this all that's been done so far, a commission has made a report?
http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/mars/

It took us only 8 years to get to the Moon after JFK said to go and do it.

What are you waiting for Bush? Were you just putting us on?

We are sending a person up to Mars tomorrow. It's you in fact. We however, dont think we can supply you with enough oxygen or food to make it back. But since you are so eager to see it happen we didn't think youd mind. Didn't you get the memo?

We are sending a person up to Mars tomorrow. It's you in fact. We however, dont think we can supply you with enough oxygen or food to make it back. But since you are so eager to see it happen we didn't think youd mind. Didn't you get the memo?

yeah...oh, and don't forget to use the new cover sheet on the TPS reports...

sorry. couldn't resist.

Hi. I'm Spiderman Tuba. I have no life. I complain about everything. George Bush walks on water to save a kid from drowning? I'll complain because George Bush can't swim.

I am actually glad spidey asked this question.

It shows that he is running out of thing to bitch about.

If the worse he can come up now is "why aren't we going to Mars," I'll take it.

Considering the first rumblings of going to Mars were 15 years before he took office, I am wondering how you justify laying this at his feet. Not that you feel the need to have justification, for anything, ever.

yeah...oh, and don't forget to use the new cover sheet on the TPS reports...

sorry. couldn't resist.

Do you all really thank that bashing the man makes you right? I disagree with a lot of what Spiderman Tuba has to say but I'm not about to hate him and certainly not attack him personally for it. Doing so is childish. I don't know about you all, but I learned in kindergarden to be nice to people.

Mr.Conley said:
Do you all really thank that bashing the man makes you right? I disagree with a lot of what Spiderman Tuba has to say but I'm not about to hate him and certainly not attack him personally for it. Doing so is childish. I don't know about you all, but I learned in kindergarden to be nice to people.

Would you rather appease people, or hold them accountable for what they say?

Would you rather appease people, or hold them accountable for what they say?

I find holding people accountable for their actions does not need to involve cat-calling, threats, crude jokes, or other forms of personal attack. It's one thing to hold a person accountable for things they've said that were not true. It's another thing to blast them for holding a different opinion than you.

Mr.Conley said:
I find holding people accountable for their actions does not need to involve cat-calling, threats, crude jokes, or other forms of personal attack. It's one thing to hold a person accountable for things they've said that were not true. It's another thing to blast them for holding a different opinion than you.

He's being blasted because he's the source of non-stop bullshit. He posts time and again wild conspiracy and speculation and passes them off - INSISTS they are facts.

People get tired of that sorta thing.

:)

He's being blasted because he's the source of non-stop bullshit. He posts time and again wild conspiracy and speculation and passes them off - INSISTS they are facts.

People get tired of that sorta thing.

So because you think he is an ass that gives you the right to blast him? Does that make you any better than him? All I'm saying is take the moral highground and show some respect for your fellow human being. Isn't that part of what conservatism is about?

Mr.Conley said:
So because you think he is an ass that gives you the right to blast him? Does that make you any better than him? All I'm saying is take the moral highground and show some respect for your fellow human being. Isn't that part of what conservatism is about?

:sleep: :boohoo: :funnyface :funnyface :laugh:

Mr.Conley said:

Show me where I've "blasted him". If you can, I'll tell you blasting him doesn't make me better -what makes me better is that I have common sense, reason, and probably am a better dancer. :)

Mr.Conley said:

we do not think he is an ass ... he is an ass .... and the cool thing about america is you can blast whomever you llike....we do show respect to fellow human beings....problem is we are pretty sure spiddy is a computer program....

Mr.Conley said:

interesting, people with really good manners, refrain from pointing out in others that they have bad manners.....

so i think you did not pass kindergarten etiquette...

by the by....my manners suck and you are a self-righteous smug arse

Stephanie, I apologize for (as always) boring you.

Show me where I've "blasted him".
I've never accused you of attacking him. If I've given that impression, it was unintended and I apologize.

we do not think he is an ass ... he is an ass .... and the cool thing about america is you can blast whomever you llike....we do show respect to fellow human beings....problem is we are pretty sure spiddy is a computer program....
This is what I'm talking about. Regardless of what he has done, you don't have the right to libel him. While this is America and you can say mostly whatever you want, that doesn't mean you should. All I'm saying is that people should try to show some decency toward one another.

Heres my question for you: Why is this such a horrifying concept to you. DO you want people to be mean, crude, and berating to one another?

Unusual joke (I assume) by the way.

interesting, people with really good manners, refrain from pointing out in others that they have bad manners.....

so i think you did not pass kindergarten etiquette...

by the by....my manners suck and you are a self-righteous smug arse

If under your theory, teaching others good manners is a bad thing, then why do you let your children learn it.
If we hold your theory to be true, then you do realize your calling every parent, teacher, pediatrision, child day care worker, and all the producers of those childrens shows (just to name a few) terrible people? Is that something you really want to do? Do you want to call every single member of the population who has dedicated their lives to seeing that your children get educated and have the best advantages in life possible ill-mannered louts?

But then again I'm being called an "arse" for calling for simple human decency so I'll wait for your responce.

By the way, thanks for the uncalled for personal attack that adds no substance to you arguement.

Forum List

Back