What's Wrong With Liberalism?

The funny thing is that everyone has some liberalism in them; it probably explains why conservatives are usually so hateful, they have this internal conflict of inbred hypo-criticism.

Let's begin by correcting this aspect of your lacunae....

....the entire compendium of same is beyond the time and scope of the post.

Classical liberalism: individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

And, here, a bonus tidbit for you. "explains why conservatives are usually so hateful,..."

It was Liberal/Progressive/Democrats who formed the KKK, instituted eugenics, and locked up innocent Japanese Americans.
That seems pretty hateful a history......

Please take notes so you don't make the same mistake again.

Yawn!
Did you say something?

Plain and simple- Liberalism is a disease. Just something wrong between the ears

-Geaux

I think that their electrical wirer's aren't connected right and they had to be rerouted.
That's why they are unable to think logically.

Great minds think alike....Coulter said basically what you just posted:

'Let me give you a little tip: if you want liberalism to continue in this country, you have to realize that liberal students are being let down by their professors! They have liberal school teachers, and read the liberal press! Because of this weak preparation, they are unable to argue, to think beyond the first knee-jerk impulse. They can’t put together a logical thought. Now, compare that to a college Republican…'

They think differently.
I was saying this in the 70's way before Coulter.
An example would be Atlas Shrugged.
Conservatives see it logically as big government and corruption was causing the collapse.
Liberals saw it as promoting the rich.
In another thread on this board someone posted about their sisters mentality.
Conservatives saw it as entitlement give me, give me mentality.
Liberals saw it as just a story or a dysfunctional family.

''For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."
General Douglas MacArthur
Doug was speaking in terms of classical liberalsm, not Modern American Liberalism.

Anyone with a tenth of a brain and the smallest iota of intellectual honesty understands the difference, both literal and contextual.

''For the framers of the Constitution were the most liberal thinkers of all the ages and the charter they produced out of the liberal revolution of their time has never been and is not now surpassed in liberal thought."

Liberals are what separated this nation from all other nations that came before (or have gone since) it's inception. It's what made and makes us unique in the world.

The difference is that liberals embrace the uniqueness of America and conservatives want us to be like every other nation.

Liberals are what separated this nation from all other nations that came before (or have gone since) it's inception. It's what made and makes us unique in the world.

The difference is that liberals embrace the uniqueness of America and conservatives want us to be like every other nation.

Conservatives want a free market health care system.
Liberals are the one who passed a health care bill that is like every other nation.

Statism.jpg

Modern Liberalism

Classical liberalism....what, today, would be called conservatism.

You might want to pick up the following:

The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution (Politically Incorrect Guides) by Kevin R. C. Gutzman

It will inform your understanding.

Last edited:
The question "What is wrong with Liberalism?" is better addressed by asking people what is right with Liberalism.

Answer: Nothing.

The funny thing is that everyone has some liberalism in them; it probably explains why conservatives are usually so hateful, they have this internal conflict of inbred hypo-criticism.

Classical liberalism: individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government.

And, here, a bonus tidbit for you. "explains why conservatives are usually so hateful,..."

It was Liberal/Progressive/Democrats who formed the KKK, instituted eugenics, and locked up innocent Japanese Americans.

Yawn!
Did you say something?

I see the level of attention you paid in school hasn't changed.

At least you're consistent.

Statism.jpg

Modern Liberalism

Good pic of how big government works.

And let me add this.....

“Culture is a stubborn opponent. The Soviet Union attempted to create the New Soviet Man with gulags, psychiatric hospitals, and firing squads for seventy years and succeeded only in producing a more corrupt culture.”
Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 198

Yawn!
Did you say something?

You're consistently boring (and wrong).

Liberals are the one who passed a health care bill that is like every other nation.

In the case of healthcare (and gun control--likely a contributor to the graphic below); the rest of the world has it right.

m522qsf.gif

You are today's winner in the category of 'Unintentional Humor."
First you post "yawn" and suggest that you didn't read my instruction to you.....
Then you say I'm wrong.....so you must have read same.
I love it.
Dunce.

You're garbage. I'm the only one who is being honest with you.

In the case of healthcare (and gun control--likely a contributor to the graphic below); the rest of the world has it right.

m522qsf.gif

Wrong again....
The United States has the greatest life expectancy.

"Life Expectancy. Another frequently cited statistic is that according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, the U.S. ranks 18th among 30 world democracies in life expectancy. However, health care is not the only factor in life expectancy. If you correct for two causes of death not directly related to health care—homicides and automobile accidents—the U.S. actually rises to the top of the list for life expectancy."
http://www.nrlc.org/news/2009/NRL05/InaccurateGrounds.html

Too nuanced for you?

Dunce.

You are today's winner in the category of 'Unintentional Humor."
First you post "yawn" and suggest that you didn't read my instruction to you.....
Then you say I'm wrong.....so you must have read same.
I love it.
Dunce.

You're garbage. I'm the only one who is being honest with you.

As I have yet to find you to be correct in anything.....

....I'm gonna chalk this post of your up to your consistency.

Dunce.

m522qsf.gif

Wrong again....

"Life Expectancy. Another frequently cited statistic is that according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, the U.S. ranks 18th among 30 world democracies in life expectancy. However, health care is not the only factor in life expectancy. If you correct for two causes of death not directly related to health care—homicides and automobile accidents—the U.S. actually rises to the top of the list for life expectancy."

Too nuanced for you?

Dunce.

Political Hick logic:

Living longer doesn't mean you lived longer.

You're garbage.

m522qsf.gif

Wrong again....

Too nuanced for you?

Dunce.

Political Hick logic:

You're garbage.

You really have no way to argue that my post wasn't dispositive....

Of course the graph you posted was designed to fool the easily fooled, i.e., Liberals

That validates the appellation: Dunce.

Wrong again....

Too nuanced for you?Dunce.
Political Hick logic:

You're garbage.
You really have no way to argue that my post wasn't dispositive....
Of course the graph you posted was designed to fool the easily fooled, i.e., Liberals
That validates the appellation: Dunce.

the U.S. ranks 18th among 30 world democracies in life expectancy

Your source.

What is wrong with liberalism?

I give you a quote from C.S. Lewis

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.”

Forum List

Back