What’s With All These Ads?

Well I already have a pop up blocker and they're not being stopped.
I've used Privacy Badger for years, for some reason when I linked Twitter posts, they wouldn't load. After some back and forth with staff here, it ended up Badger was preventing the Twit feeds from loading. So I disabled it on this site and now Twit posts ok. I had some ads, but then recently, like the time this thread was created, I was getting slammed with all kinds of ads.....I noticed they were google ads, I figured they went with Google ad services. So I installed uBlock and no more ads.

There are tons of ad blockers for free.

I've used Privacy Badger for years, for some reason when I linked Twitter posts, they wouldn't load. After some back and forth with staff here, it ended up Badger was preventing the Twit feeds from loading. So I disabled it on this site and now Twit posts ok. I had some ads, but then recently, like the time this thread was created, I was getting slammed with all kinds of ads.....I noticed they were google ads, I figured they went with Google ad services. So I installed uBlock and no more ads.

There are tons of ad blockers for free.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

This needs to stop

Attachments

• 1000002299.png
    1000002299.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 1
(1) I imagine that it takes a lot of money to run any website.

(2) So we should not begrudge the fact that ads now appear between threads.

(3) After all, we are getting to blow off steam for free.
One way to possibly cut costs is to use pro-boards to host your forum. But I don't know how visible on the internet such a forum would appear in general and in searches.

I would donate if Google pay was an option.

Last edited:
Enough of these ads people really. And if you have all these ads then you don't need to be begging users for money right?

If paid members are also seeing these what's the point in paying?

One way to possibly cut costs is to use pro-boards to host your forum. But I don't know how visible on the internet such a forum would appear in general and in searches.

I would donate if Google pay was an option.
Nah proboards is gay.

They were super into censorship during covid and shut down lots of boards where honest discussion was happening if it didn't fit "The Narrative"

To note - after you install an ad blocker, some sites will block your access (Like Fox News, NYT etc.)
If you want to see their site - simply click the extension logo at the top of your browser, and seleft OFF to allow ads on that page.

qqyyy.jpg

I use disconnect for its programmability.

Link to research

Link to download
Is disconnect legit?

Is Disconnect VPN safe? Yes, Disconnect VPN is a safe option, but I don't recommend it for those who want to stay truly anonymous. AES 256-bit encryption, perfect forward secrecy supported by 2048-bit DH for key exchange, anti-malvertising functions, and anonymous searching are a few aspects that make it a safe option.Feb 1, 2024

Forum List

Back