Do we really need all those prescription DRUG ads?

ViewFromAbove

Gold Member
May 6, 2019
Are you also wondering why the big drug companies are pushing TV ads of their PRESCRIPTION "meds" onto consumers? They used to do that to physicians until investigative reporters & the government cracked down on the big pharmas.

Apparently, these TV ads must work. Otherwise, they would not keep pushing them more frequently. Follow the money!
Are consumers that gullible? Or, are we a nation of druggies who don't know how to use our brains to achieve happiness beyond immediate gratification?

Of course, I'm not referring to those who don't need drugs, like me. I always mute the SMILEY (lol) drug commercials on TV or change channels. Who falls for that crap where everyone is smiling after drug use??

Are you also wondering why the big drug companies are pushing TV ads of their PRESCRIPTION "meds" onto consumers? They used to do that to physicians until investigative reporters & the government cracked down on the big pharmas.

Apparently, these TV ads must work. Otherwise, they would not keep pushing them more frequently. Follow the money!
Are consumers that gullible? Or, are we a nation of druggies who don't know how to use our brains to achieve happiness beyond immediate gratification?

Of course, I'm not referring to those who don't need drugs, like me. I always mute the SMILEY (lol) drug commercials on TV or change channels. Who falls for that crap where everyone is smiling after drug use??

Have worked in the medical world in support positions, and the first time I saw a pHARMaceutical ad on TV, I couldn't believe it. Thought it was an obscene joke.

It just goes to show you how much the drug companies are raking in if they can piss away that kind of money on outrageously expensive TV commercials aimed at a very small segment of the audience.

Nope but you are stuck with them for as long as they can afford the advo.

No, we don't.

Hilarious

America.

A place where people hear an industry saying over and over and over, "Our products can kill you", and still keep using them.

Letting the people know what new drugs are available for common ailments is a good thing. Someone suffering from those diseases might be motivated to go to the doctor if they realize that there are possible remedies out there for what ails them.

Most of the pharm ads are for medicines that require an Rx from a physician, so these ads are mostly just public service type announcements, alerting the people to treatment often in situation where there wasn't before.

It just goes to show you how much the drug companies are raking in if they can piss away that kind of money on outrageously expensive TV commercials aimed at a very small segment of the audience.
That's just a smidgeon of what they give to elected reps....

So should the overall influence of the pharmaceutical industry John

Bad enough they've invaded every ER, clinic , etc

They've held our children hostage in schools as well

~S~

So should the overall influence of the pharmaceutical industry John

Bad enough they've invaded every ER, clinic , etc

They've held our children hostage in schools as well

~S~
You are 100% right. But vaccination outweighs the alternative.

I understand that the French pharma cannot advertise to the public.

It seems a new drug is introduced through some glitzy, perky commercial every damn week. Of course half of the commercial is the commentator listing all the serious and possible fatal side effects.

Forum List

Back