What's the real divorce rate?

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth

That number (and percentage) refers to the sample size. Divorce statistics begin down in Table 3.

...You're right. My mistake.

Still think it's a lot higher than those numbers suggest. Only 7357 in their sample.

It probably varies greatly by region. If one lives in a vibrant metropolis the rate is probably higher than where the nearest neighbor is 5 miles down the road. Temptation, opportunity, and whatnot.

Hear 50%, 60%, etc. yet I'm always amazed when I meet someone whose parents are still married to their first spouses so it seems like the rate must be way higher. As I think of it, I can't think of anyone who's on their first marriage still. Looking it up I was right,

"Non-Black non-Hispanic [respondant number] 3,715 [divorce rate] 79.24%"
Marriage and divorce patterns by gender race and educational attainment Monthly Labor Review U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Are these same white divorced sinners the ones worrying about gays ruining the sanctity of marriage?

Hear 50%, 60%, etc. yet I'm always amazed when I meet someone whose parents are still married to their first spouses so it seems like the rate must be way higher. As I think of it, I can't think of anyone who's on their first marriage still. Looking it up I was right,

Marriage and divorce patterns by gender race and educational attainment Monthly Labor Review U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Are these same white divorced sinners the ones worrying about gays ruining the sanctity of marriage?

Hmm, hadn't thought about that aspect...;)

Hmm, hadn't thought about that aspect...;)
Don't you kind of owe me an informative then?

40% of first marriages end in divorce, then for those who have divorced once the rate increases massively. If you marry a divorcee the chances are you'll get divorced.

My wife and I have been married for 26 years and I have no idea why our marriage lasts when so many of our friends got divorced.

My advice to men: don't act like an asshole.

I'm a Christian and think divorce is wrong.

Jesus said about divorce:

Matthew 19:8-9: Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

People divorce because they have no clue what marriage is about.

Too many movies and unrealistic/romantic ideals about love/marriage.

Most of my peer group have married and I can only think of one that has gotten a divorce.

Matthew 19:8-9: Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.
Do you care what my great great great great great grandfather said 2000 years ago? Then why do you tell me what some other guy back then said? Especially when he was never married?

You ever talk to some know it all who's constantly lecturing you? No wonder they crucified him.

Same goes for Confusious said. So what?

What do you think? What if Jesus never told you. What's your gut tell you?

Yea but Christians think they get a get out of hell free card because they believe in Jesus.

Just like a murderer can ask for forgiveness, so can an adulerer.

Christians always say we are all sinners so all that matters is Jesus.

Why would Jesus want two people who hate each other to stay married?

Thou shall not lie or steal. Have you ever lied or stole? And you're still going to heaven, right?

People who want a divorce justify and people who have never gotten a divorce or ever needed one or wanted one lack empathy

Do you care what my great great great great great grandfather said 2000 years ago? Then why do you tell me what some other guy back then said? Especially when he was never married?

You ever talk to some know it all who's constantly lecturing you? No wonder they crucified him.

Same goes for Confusious said. So what?

What do you think? What if Jesus never told you. What's your gut tell you?

Jesus is God. He was here before time, now and forever. He's God and eternal. I trust Him.

Yea but Christians think they get a get out of hell free card because they believe in Jesus.

Thou shall not lie or steal. Have you ever lied or stole? And you're still going to heaven, right?

People who want a divorce justify and people who have never gotten a divorce or ever needed one or wanted one lack empathy

It's not like that. There are people that think they are Christians and are not.
Real Christians will not WILLINGLY sin.

It's not like that. There are people that think they are Christians and are not.
Real Christians will not WILLINGLY sin.
What about when they get abortions or lie?

Forum List

Back