What's the Opposite of Diversity? University

We don't want to expose our tender snowflakes to thoughts that may challenge their own.
Better to keep them nice and warm and cozy in their little ideological cocoon.
What thoughts do conservative speakers / lecturers have? A short list will be helpful.
What a strange question. Do you believe that they don't have thoughts? Do you believe they are sub-human in some way?

Their thoughts simply don't match yours. If you were an advocate for the most liberal of all ideals, freedom of expression, you would want our young people to be exposed to as many different opinions as possible. Challenged to explain and defend and debate their beliefs, or to change their minds. And you would agree that there is no better place for that, not even close, than our college campuses.

Sadly, since the modern American Left is no longer liberal, that's not the case.

Every University has the same propaganda schedule.

SUNY Albany only hosted two conservative speakers last year

The OBVIOUS POINT HERE is that if these universities were SO SURE the validity, common sense and rightness of their leftist views, rather than block conservative speakers, they would WELCOME THEM and invite the campus to hear BOTH SIDES then decide.

Since conservatives are obviously SO WRONG, what better way to PROVE IT and let conservatives make fools of themselves?

But instead, the Fascist Left universities only teach fascism and hate to their students. It's the only way they can survive, without challenge to their ideals and thinking, the epitome of weakness.

The weakest position is the one where you can convince others your position is actually SO STRONG that it is BENEATH YOU to even consider the other POV. THAT is the Left's safety valve.

We don't want to expose our tender snowflakes to thoughts that may challenge their own.
What thoughts do conservative speakers / lecturers have? A short list will be helpful.

What a strange question. Do you believe that they don't have thoughts? Do you believe they are sub-human in some way?

Their thoughts simply don't match yours. If you were an advocate for the most liberal of all ideals, freedom of expression, you would want our young people to be exposed to as many different opinions as possible. Challenged to explain and defend and debate their beliefs, or to change their minds. And you would agree that there is no better place for that, not even close, than our college campuses.

Sadly, since the modern American Left is no longer liberal, that's not the case.

So you can't answer the question, which your post suggested was something you knew.

What conservative thoughts challenge mine? You made an allegation, and can't offer any explanation.

Help me out. Which conservative speakers would you recommend I seek out. Ann Coulter? She's not a conservative in the W.F. Buckley mold, she's an agent provocateur who is paid to create turmoil.

So you can't answer the question, which your post suggested was something you knew.

What conservative thoughts challenge mine? You made an allegation, and can't offer any explanation.

Help me out. Which conservative speakers would you recommend I seek out. Ann Coulter? She's not a conservative in the W.F. Buckley mold, she's an agent provocateur who is paid to create turmoil.
You seriously don't know the conservative positions on things? Then why do you have problems with conservatives?

Holy crap, I'm sorry, I assumed you did. Well, google them, I guess. They're pretty much everywhere.

And who it is doesn't matter. You're making value judgements based on your partisan ideology. You shouldn't be afraid of the opinions of others. Let people have their say.

1_zpsu1ewjewt.png~original

When I went to SUNY, speaker fees did not come from the university, but from student activity fees

Speakers were selected by the students, not the university

Sorry Conservative Snowflakes, but life is not always fair

You seriously don't know the conservative positions on things? Then why do you have problems with conservatives?

Holy crap, I'm sorry, I assumed you did. Well, google them, I guess. They're pretty much everywhere.

And who it is doesn't matter. You're making value judgements based on your partisan ideology. You shouldn't be afraid of the opinions of others. Let people have their say.

My "problem" with conservatives is, they are not conservative. The current iteration of self proclaimed conservatives are iconoclastic, hateful, ignorant, selfish and impractical. They thrive on wedge issues, meme's and BIG LIES.

The OP is, of course, garbage as we can tell from the source…

However it does bring up a old joke.

IF Pro is the opposite of Con, what is the opposite of progress? Congress!!!

*rimshot*

Every University has the same propaganda schedule.

SUNY Albany only hosted two conservative speakers last year

There's this culture now on universities in general it seems. Picked my fiancé up the other night from night class on a Baltimore area campus. There I am, marching (I mean goose-stepping, because: soy boys) up the sidewalk between STEM buildings and this group of (Boy Georges?) swoop in to hold the door for me. Duh fork? Men holding doors for other men? So I swerve around to the lower entrance. What happened to the American man who won two World Wars? Men who climbed apple trees; running chainsaw in one hand, cigarette in the other, a hornet's nest buzzing on a lower branch.

My "problem" with conservatives is, they are not conservative. The current iteration of self proclaimed conservatives are iconoclastic, hateful, ignorant, selfish and impractical. They thrive on wedge issues, meme's and BIG LIES.
Whatever. Whether you like them or not, I believe in freedom of expression and the open and free exchange of ideas. The very core of liberalism.

Clearly you don't.

The illiberal authoritarian Left has managed to find a place to the Left of Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren, Barack Obama, Noam Chomsky and Salman Rushdie.

Congratulations on that, I guess.

The snowflake youth should, and will, never know; as is desired the desired goal, cupcake.

Forum List

Back