What's the dumbest thing a school teacher has ever told you?

I had a teacher calling state executions were murder.

That's an opinion. But a correct one.

A state sanctioned execution cannot be murder by the definition of murder. Murder is defined as illegal premeditation of taking a life.

A state cannot act illegally? :lol:

Why does this remind me of Nixon's "when the President does it, it's not illegal"...

The state makes the laws, the law states the state can execute a convicted murderer. So it is legal, therefore not murder.
Therefore, based on your reasoning, the genocide perpetuated by the Nazi's was not murder. Apparently, it was okay to put to death so many people because it was State santioned. The Nuremburg Tribunals got it all wrong. Uh huh. Not.

In all honesty I can't remember any of my middle school teachers and only one or two of my High school teachers (football coaches mainly)

A state sanctioned execution cannot be murder by the definition of murder. Murder is defined as illegal premeditation of taking a life.

A state cannot act illegally? :lol: How's bout the invasion of Iraq?

Why does this remind me of Nixon's "when the President does it, it's not illegal"...

Yes, but it's not illegal. The states that execute inmates do so because it's legal there. If you can find us an example of a state that does not have capital punishment doing it anyway, you might have an argument.

The state makes the laws, the law states the state can execute a convicted murderer. So it is legal, therefore not murder.
Therefore, based on your reasoning, the genocide perpetuated by the Nazi's was not murder. Apparently, it was okay to put to death so many people because it was State santioned. The Nuremburg Tribunals got it all wrong. Uh huh. Not.

Um, I don't know if Germany actually passed laws legalizing the mass executions of people in concentration camps, but it most definitely WAS against international law, which is the reason for Nuremburg.

As far as I'm aware, capital punishment of convicted criminals doesn't violate any international laws regarding "war crimes", "crimes against humanity", or anything else.

Um, I don't know if Germany actually passed laws legalizing the mass executions of people in concentration camps, but it most definitely WAS against international law, which is the reason for Nuremburg.

As far as I'm aware, capital punishment of convicted criminals doesn't violate any international laws regarding "war crimes", "crimes against humanity", or anything else.
At that time, Germany was a dictatorship. Hitler was in charge, and he dictated the implementation of genocide. Therefore, it was the law of the land. You are attempting to pretend that it wasn't the law of the land when it was. Of course it was against international laws, but that is not the subject here, so more obfuscation on your part: you are trying to confuse the issue. The fact capital punishment is not against international laws is not a point for this discussion in this thread.

Also, as far as far as state sanctioned execution in the US: that is meant for people who are actually guilty of the crime. For many people who have been executed, we do no actually know if they were guilty, though a jury may have found them guilty. Often mistakes are made in finding someone guilty--evidenced by the hundreds who have, in recent years, been exonerated by DNA evidence.

Last edited:
Dumbest thing a teacher asked me was, "are you ok?" I'm sleeping all day in all my classes partly because I was drugged by my mom, but I already knew all the shit they were teaching, because I read ahead and am a visual learner, so why the hell would I stay awake and learn it all over again? Morons. I should have just taught myself. Never went to school. Dropped out and took over my family company at 15.

No that's what you Leftytoons and Rightyloons always tell yourselves.

Thats funny how you added "loons" after the name

You come up with that yourself?
You are very bright
No you are just very dumb.

Why don't you call me rightwingerloon?

That would be funny
Because thinking you were a 'rightwingerloon' whatever that is would be hilarious to anyone with a brain.

You aren't supposed to understand math... Just do it.
My wife is Japanese and can solve Calculus problems just by looking at them so yeah, there's some truth to that.

That must be why I suck at math. I always want to know why and how.
>>>>

For complicated math problems I use to draw pictures. I had to see how it worked...preferably in color.
I had a middle school teacher who thought it was ridiculous.

You aren't supposed to understand math... Just do it.
My wife is Japanese and can solve Calculus problems just by looking at them so yeah, there's some truth to that.

That must be why I suck at math. I always want to know why and how.
>>>>

For complicated math problems I use to draw pictures. I had to see how it worked...preferably in color.
I had a middle school teacher who thought it was ridiculous.

Ah, that would be because your teacher confined himself to his left brain.

My son's kindergarten teacher misspelled words on the kindergartners' spelling list.

Duffel, for example. She spelled it "dufle". No she was not French.

I remember this from first grade. A boy was left handed and the teacher would take the pencil and put it in his right hand. She got angry about it. Traumatized me. I've been leftistphobic ever since.

I often wonder how many have used their algebra, geometry and calculus in real life. All my kids took it and when I asked them, not one said they had ever used it. I often thought of it as a part of an admittance test, if you could do the higher math you could do college work.

Wonder what the dumbest thing parents or kids ever told the teacher? Imagine the late excuses. the missed tests and so on. I will submit my friend, Red's, excuse for tardiness. He told the teacher that his uncle tried to commit suicide by crawling into the oven and turning on the gas, it took the family all working together, an hour to get him out. Teacher accepted the excuse probably for originality and creativeness,

Forum List

Back