What's the dumbest thing a school teacher has ever told you?

suplex3000

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2014
Georgia
All we had funny and not funny teachers.
All they pretended to be clever and respectful persons.
But there are some stories about teachers' stupidity.
In middle school my science teacher told me that since YouTube used so much space to stream videos, that it would eventually take up all the space in the internet and destroy it.
Your turn.

Space travel is a fantasy. Man will never be able to survive in space.

That man evolved from apes. :lol:

??
Then ..uh... what's the smartest thing?

I recall a teacher in grade school uttering that the earth was revolving at "thousands and thousands of miles an hour" :lol:
Would have made for a much shorter school day....

I had a teacher calling state executions were murder.

That's an opinion. But a correct one.

A state sanctioned execution cannot be murder by the definition of murder. Murder is defined as illegal premeditation of taking a life.

A state cannot act illegally? :lol:

Why does this remind me of Nixon's "when the President does it, it's not illegal"...

The state makes the laws, the law states the state can execute a convicted murderer. So it is legal, therefore not murder.

I had a teacher calling state executions were murder.

That's an opinion. But a correct one.

A state sanctioned execution cannot be murder by the definition of murder. Murder is defined as illegal premeditation of taking a life.

A state cannot act illegally? :lol: How's bout the invasion of Iraq?

Why does this remind me of Nixon's "when the President does it, it's not illegal"...

The state makes the laws, the law states the state can execute a convicted murderer. So it is legal, therefore not murder.

So you're going with the Nixon approach?

A 7th grade science teacher said that humans evolved from chimpanzees. That was ridiculous but that is what they used to have to teach about the evolution of man back then.

But overall he was a good teacher. For our homework he would have us do fun things like collect and identify rocks and tree leaves. I still have my rock collection to this day.

I had trouble trying to identify a strange rock I found. Turns out that it was a meteorite.

How Did the Moon Form

There's no such thing as the giant impact theory. Didn't say it to me. Nope. Said it to my then 8 year old son. I pulled out my astronomy text books and showed him this theory. He went to school and his teacher told him that was not a theory. I then argued with said child and, seriously, thought about pulling him from the school.

I had a teacher who thought it was 1942 when Pearl Harbor was attacked. I had to argue with him and actually pull my history book out just to prove it.
However many familiars of mine do not know the American history. May I forgive my teacher?

I did algebra 2 problems in my head with making small marks to keep my place. I'd ace all my work but only get a 70% b/c I didn't show my work, I explained that I did, pointed it out, she got mad and challenged me to do a problem on the board, I accepted.

fucking thing took up the whole board, and it had symbols I didn't know, and when I asked what they where;

"Ha! You can't do math in your head then!"

yea, she was pissed I was better at it than her

Forum List

Back