What's the dumbest thing a school teacher has ever told you?

That the Russians could bomb us (they couldn't) and hiding under wooden desks would protect us (it wouldn't).

I had a teacher calling state executions were murder.

That's an opinion. But a correct one.

A state sanctioned execution cannot be murder by the definition of murder. Murder is defined as illegal premeditation of taking a life.

A state cannot act illegally? :lol:

Why does this remind me of Nixon's "when the President does it, it's not illegal"...

The state makes the laws, the law states the state can execute a convicted murderer. So it is legal, therefore not murder.
And you don't see the problem with that?!?

All we had funny and not funny teachers.
All they pretended to be clever and respectful persons.
But there are some stories about teachers' stupidity.
In middle school my science teacher told me that since YouTube used so much space to stream videos, that it would eventually take up all the space in the internet and destroy it.
Your turn.

Wasn't a teacher but a classmate. Height of the 80s Cold War, devout Christian, "If the Russians launch nuclear missiles at us, Jesus will wave his hand and make them disappear."

Ugh.

Perhaps the dumbest thing --- and definitely the first one (I was five) was the concept of "original sin". That's when I balked on the whole deal. "Whoa, hold up -- I wasn't there".

That it was only a matter of time till we converted to the metric system

Well -- it still is.

It's now down to three countries in the world:
  • Liberia
  • Myanmar
  • United States of America

Heady company. "We're number 194! We're number 194!"

I'm still trying to get the world to adopt my idea of metric time. 100 minutes in an hour, 10 hours in a day, 10 days in a week.....

And 400° in a circle; fantastic for navigation and the earth is 40,000km in diameter.

That it was only a matter of time till we converted to the metric system

Well -- it still is.

It's now down to three countries in the world:
  • Liberia
  • Myanmar
  • United States of America

Heady company. "We're number 194! We're number 194!"

I'm still trying to get the world to adopt my idea of metric time. 100 minutes in an hour, 10 hours in a day, 10 days in a week.....
I used to believe that

But we will never give an inch on the issue

That man evolved from apes. :lol:
I never met a teacher that ever said that. My teacher said that apes and man had a common ancestor. Genetics tells us that.

Ape-Family-tree.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That man evolved from apes. :lol:

??
Then ..uh... what's the smartest thing?

I recall a teacher in grade school uttering that the earth was revolving at "thousands and thousands of miles an hour" :lol:
Would have made for a much shorter school day....
Maybe they said traveling. After all, you said they were "uttering". Was it a quiet "utter"?

Forum List

Back