What's So Bad About Death?

Matthew 16: 24 - 26
24. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?…

Philippians 1:21
21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain

Bullshit and horsecock!!!

You people dream up some magic man who's gonna come back floating on a cloud and raise you from the dead and I'd rather believe in Jack and the Beanstalk. Surely you can't really be convinced of all that malarkey.

The stuff that you folks base your belief on was written 2000 years ago by ignorant goat and camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. CMON NOW! REALLY??

Let me ask.... why does it offend you?
If it doesn't offend you, you seem a bit upset about it... why?

I've written this at this forum several times but it describes the reasons I resent anyone who actually embraces that 2000 year old horse shit:

By the time I was four or five years old my maternal grandmother was already working on my brainwashing. If I did something a little naughty or against her personal belief she would tell me, "Old Scratch Will Get You!" Old Scratch being her name for Satan.

In grammar school, 3rd and 4th grades my west TN teachers would begin each day with the pledge of allegiance and the Lord's Prayer. On Monday or Tuesday they assigned each student a bible verse to memorize and recite back to the class on Thursday or Friday. I read the bible and the book of Mormon through while I was still in my teens. I had read the new testament no less than ten times while I was in my twenties. I was baptized in a Baptist church before a congregation of nearly a thousand on a Sunday morning in the spring of 1957. I was a Sunday school teacher, a member of the building committee and the Brotherhood. I worked with RA Boys and coached one of their baseball teams. I was a substitute usher. I spoke with personal testimony in nearby small churches. I visited the sick on Tuesday evenings and twice a year we visited a prison or a jail. We tithed our gross. I walked the walk.

I used to sit in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings and look around at the faces of others and wonder if they doubted the way I did. I was two-faced until I was over sixty years old. After I retired I made a major decision. I did not want to keep living a lie.....I never believed all that malarkey. Two of my three children are heavy into the church stuff but one of my daughters is exactly like me about such things.

I had most of the new testament memorized chapter and verse while I was still in my twenties and 90% of Christians don't know shit about the bible. Most have a few favorite verses and listen to the self serving messages from a preacher when they go to church but that's usually it. I love to see the look on their faces when I lace them with a couple of verses which absolutely states the opposite of something they have declared.

The good news is that primitive beliefs are on the way out. The organized brainwashing of young, innocent, gullible children by their adult church goers is the reason that after 2000 years it's still alive. You can teach a child anything. For thousands of years tribes of cannibals taught their young to consume human flesh as a religious ritual. Ironically they were converted from their faith to another one which consumes a cracker and some grape juice to simulate eating flesh and drinking blood. It's all such a load of shit written by primitive sheep herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. Again....I've turned 81. I've seen a lot during the last 75-76 years. The thing that pleases me most is the results of studies like this one. There's still hope:

Survey: One in five Americans has no religion

By Dan Merica

Washington – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.

The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.

Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.

Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance.

Last edited:
Campbell's prayers long ago were not answered the way he wanted.

And the anger has never gone away.

24. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?…

You people dream up some magic man who's gonna come back floating on a cloud and raise you from the dead and I'd rather believe in Jack and the Beanstalk. Surely you can't really be convinced of all that malarkey.

The stuff that you folks base your belief on was written 2000 years ago by ignorant goat and camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. CMON NOW! REALLY??

I've written this at this forum several times but it describes the reasons I resent anyone who actually embraces that 2000 year old horse shit:

By the time I was four or five years old my maternal grandmother was already working on my brainwashing. If I did something a little naughty or against her personal belief she would tell me, "Old Scratch Will Get You!" Old Scratch being her name for Satan.

In grammar school, 3rd and 4th grades my west TN teachers would begin each day with the pledge of allegiance and the Lord's Prayer. On Monday or Tuesday they assigned each student a bible verse to memorize and recite back to the class on Thursday or Friday. I read the bible and the book of Mormon through while I was still in my teens. I had read the new testament no less than ten times while I was in my twenties. I was baptized in a Baptist church before a congregation of nearly a thousand on a Sunday morning in the spring of 1957. I was a Sunday school teacher, a member of the building committee and the Brotherhood. I worked with RA Boys and coached one of their baseball teams. I was a substitute usher. I spoke with personal testimony in nearby small churches. I visited the sick on Tuesday evenings and twice a year we visited a prison or a jail. We tithed our gross. I walked the walk.

I used to sit in the sanctuary on Sunday mornings and look around at the faces of others and wonder if they doubted the way I did. I was two-faced until I was over sixty years old. After I retired I made a major decision. I did not want to keep living a lie.....I never believed all that malarkey. Two of my three children are heavy into the church stuff but one of my daughters is exactly like me about such things.

I had most of the new testament memorized chapter and verse while I was still in my twenties and 90% of Christians don't know shit about the bible. Most have a few favorite verses and listen to the self serving messages from a preacher when they go to church but that's usually it. I love to see the look on their faces when I lace them with a couple of verses which absolutely states the opposite of something they have declared.

The good news is that primitive beliefs are on the way out. The organized brainwashing of young, innocent, gullible children by their adult church goers is the reason that after 2000 years it's still alive. You can teach a child anything. For thousands of years tribes of cannibals taught their young to consume human flesh as a religious ritual. Ironically they were converted from their faith to another one which consumes a cracker and some grape juice to simulate eating flesh and drinking blood. It's all such a load of shit written by primitive sheep herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. Again....I've turned 81. I've seen a lot during the last 75-76 years. The thing that pleases me most is the results of studies like this one. There's still hope:

By Dan Merica

Washington – The fastest growing "religious" group in America is made up of people with no religion at all, according to a Pew survey showing that one in five Americans is not affiliated with any religion.

The number of these Americans has grown by 25% just in the past five years, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life.

The survey found that the ranks of the unaffiliated are growing even faster among younger Americans.

Thirty-three million Americans now have no religious affiliation, with 13 million in that group identifying as either atheist or agnostic, according to the new survey.

Pew found that those who are religiously unaffiliated are strikingly less religious than the public at large. They attend church infrequently, if at all, are largely not seeking out religion and say that the lack of it in their lives is of little importance.

Campbell - because no one ever presented the Gospel to you in love and compassion.
Only through fear and trepidation. God loves you and wants what is best for you. He loves you like no one on the earth can.

Campbell have you been with many Christians on their deathbed?

I've never got on the bed with them...but yes, I have been present at several deaths. Both my parents and several uncles and aunts. Every one of them without exception claimed to be Christians. One of my friends who I used to hunt and fish with literally called hospital personnel to get a preacher out of his room. One of my cousins recently did the same thing just before he died in a nursing home. I'm getting old.....I've seen a lot of sickness and dying. The first time I served as pallbearer at a funeral I was nineteen years old. One of my close friends was killed in a car accident. Wait till you get into your eighties....you will have seen a lot.

Hey Crusader Frank....you're as full of shit as a Christmas turkey.

By Dan Merica

Campbell - because no one ever presented the Gospel to you in love and compassion.
Only through fear and trepidation. God loves you and wants what is best for you. He loves you like no one on the earth can.

Now....you're more full of shit than the Crusader. Now that's a serious pile of shit:

Attachments

• Nat's Mess.jpg
    Nat's Mess.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Basically everything I need. See...I'm like Dr. Albert Einstein and Thomas Jefferson. I don't need some invisible man in the sky to make my life complete and enjoyable. You might make note of these fellows in your spare time:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ (excerpt from a letter to John Adams)
You need to read a little more of Einstein's belief about God. I have never said God was the old gray haired man with long beard, wrapped in a bed sheet sitting in the clouds worrying about your well being.

“This firm belief in a superior mind that reveals itself in the world of experience, represents my conception of God.”[15]

“My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws.”[12]

Regarding Jefferson as a Master Mason: He had knowledge what you and I don't even dream about.

Speak for yourself concerning how much wisdom other's have. If you make that kind of bold assertion about people you do not know and you profess to be a Christian......Houston, you have a problem:

Matthew 5:

21"You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER ' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.' 22"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Revelation 21:

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:

Last edited:
Speak for yourself concerning how much wisdom other's have. If you make that kind of bold assertion about people you do not know and you profess to be a Christian......Houston, you have a problem:

Matthew 5:

21"You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER ' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court.' 22"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever says to his brother, 'You good-for-nothing,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell.

Revelation 21:

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:
My..my...my... Pay closer attention... I have never claimed to be a Christian as you understand Christianity nor claimed to be wise.... (go back on any of my posts to see it for yourself)
Bonzi have you ever seen me claiming to be Christian on any of these threads? You saw me around...that's why I ask you

Matthew 5:

Revelation 21:

My..my...my... Pay closer attention... I have never claimed to be a Christian as you understand Christianity nor claimed to be wise.... (go back on any of my posts to see it for yourself)
Bonzi have you ever seen me claiming to be Christian on any of these threads? You saw me around...that's why I ask you

no, I have not.

You constantly piss me off defcon4 but I will be honest :)

No big deal......one in the same

what's one in the same? explain

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

I sin.
Some even may say I'm not saved
I won't say that, because, if I am, I don't want to insult my savior and creator.
I am NOT worthy

Frankly......who gives a shit?

Forum List

Back