What's So Bad About Death?

Matthew 16: 24 - 26
24. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?…

Philippians 1:21
21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain

I enjoy being alive.

24. Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. 25. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26. "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?…

I enjoy being alive.

Most people do, or there would be a lot more suicides.
It's probably a good idea to raise your kids with low expectations, I think many people become dissatisfied with life from too high of expectations, or, at a minimum, unrealistic expectations......... ones that can not possibly be met.....

My biggest objection to dying (for myself, not opposed to some people dying hehe) is all the neat futurist stuff will probably happen after I"m done and dusted. Discovery or arrival of aliens, world peace, become a space faring civilization, etc.

On the other hand you didn't have to live during the dark ages, nearly 700 years (consider that amount of time for a moment) where humans were entirely at the mercy of animalistic hoards of gangs who were the same as Isis but whom ruled the world for those 700 years.

You also missed the bubonic plague, the Permian/Triassic extinction, and the future where the sun will engulf the Earth and all life will be snuffed out.

But yes it would be cool to be around if we ever discover another civilization. Or life on another planet.

My biggest objection to dying (for myself, not opposed to some people dying hehe) is all the neat futurist stuff will probably happen after I"m done and dusted. Discovery or arrival of aliens, world peace, become a space faring civilization, etc.

... will NEVER happen!

I don't fear death. I worry about the heartache of those I leave behind.

What's So Bad About Death?
That depends on who is answering your question. You asked before if anyone had an afterlife experience. I have not read the book you referred to but was afforded the opportunity to see what would happen if I did not seek to stay alive. I wrote briefly about what transpired in another thread here in this forum when the question of purgatory came up as that is basically what I saw in the people standing on the shores of the sea of darkness.

As far as dying daily as Paul. It is waking up each morning and telling one's self today I will put behind me my carnal desires and seek to live for Jesus Christ 'anointed with Jehovah's salvation'. Each day I will seek to live, walk, breath and think in the holy spirit and not of have care for the things that my carnally minded being desires that will interfere with that anointing.

Life after death, absolutely. There is the death of this container we live in today and death to desires of a carnal nature. People tend to fear both. I saw a friend in the spirit dancing around a silver pole dressed in white. Her husband called the next morning to let us know she had passed the evening before. At this point we lived thirteen hundred miles away from one another. I can send you what I wrote about that experience in a PM if you like Bonzi?

Rod and I have been exceedingly blessed in the spirit and we have been allowed to see many things in the spirit. He saw a guy he knew from childhood after his death. I did not care much for the fellow but regardless he did believe in Jesus. I personally would not want to deny anyone the chance at salvation that believed. Anyhow, when Rod saw him in the spirit he was dressed in nice white clean clothing and he told Rod the worst part was getting his picture taken as he stood before the Lord. After that all happy he told Rod he was off to school.

I don't fear death. I worry about the heartache of those I leave behind.

that's the saddest part of funerals. Watching he family suffer from the loss.
I have been at funerals where I barely knew the person, but cried like a baby watching family members with broken hearts....

that's the saddest part of funerals. Watching he family suffer from the loss.
I have been at funerals where I barely knew the person, but cried like a baby watching family members with broken hearts....
When my paternal grandma died we had a blast over her casket recalling all the funny things she made us laugh with while she lived. My father died almost to the date a year later. His funeral was more somber. Some said that grandma "came back" for her beloved son. Christmas time deaths are "customary" in our family.

Bullshit and horsecock!!!

You people dream up some magic man who's gonna come back floating on a cloud and raise you from the dead and I'd rather believe in Jack and the Beanstalk. Surely you can't really be convinced of all that malarkey.

The stuff that you folks base your belief on was written 2000 years ago by ignorant goat and camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. CMON NOW! REALLY??

You people dream up some magic man who's gonna come back floating on a cloud and raise you from the dead and I'd rather believe in Jack and the Beanstalk. Surely you can't really be convinced of all that malarkey.

The stuff that you folks base your belief on was written 2000 years ago by ignorant goat and camel herders who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat. CMON NOW! REALLY??

Let me ask.... why does it offend you?
If it doesn't offend you, you seem a bit upset about it... why?

Wow... you are a very angry old man. Just don't get a heart attack or stroke throwing tantrums like that...take a deep breath...step outside to get some fresh air or something..

Wow... you are a very angry old man. Just don't get a heart attack or stroke throwing tantrums like that...take a deep breath...step outside to get some fresh air or something..

LOL!! In your dreams. I'm 81...been retired for over 20 years from a 41 year long career working at the Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant, ORGDP with mainframe computers in one of the biggest data processing centers in the country, have three children, eight grandchildren, two great grandchildren, live in a brick rancher on an 1 1/2 acre lot with 220ft. lake frontage. WE have a state-of-the-art floating dock and there's a 24ft. South Bay pontoon boat docked inside. I have zoysia grass with a built in, lake fed irrigation system etc. I play piano and I'm a licensed amateur radio operator, etc. We have two new cars, a Chevrolet Impala and a Subaru Outback etc. and we're "HAVING TO" withdraw $20,000-$30,000 per year from our IRA's just for tax purposes. Like the bunny said, "Don't Throw Me In That Briar Patch"

Last edited:

LOL!! In your dreams. I'm 81...been retired from a 41 year long career working with mainframe computers in one of the biggest data processing centers in the country for over 20 years, have three children, eight grandchildren, two great grandchildren, live in a brick rancher on an 1 1/2 acre lawn with 220ft. lake frontage. I have zoysia grass with a built in, lake fed irrigation system etc. I play piano and I'm a licensed amateur radio operator, etc. We have two new cars, a Chevrolet Impala and a Subaru Outback etc. and we're "HAVING TO" withdraw $20,000-$30,000 per year from our IRA's just for tax purposes. Like the bunny said, "Don't Throw Me In That Briar Patch"

He said you were old... that was correct.
And judging from your typed words, angry as well...
You might have things in life, but, what else do you have....?

LOL!! In your dreams. I'm 81...been retired for over 20 years from a 41 year long career working with mainframe computers in one of the biggest data processing centers in the country, have three children, eight grandchildren, two great grandchildren, live in a brick rancher on an 1 1/2 acre lot with 220ft. lake frontage. WE have a state-of-the-art floating dock and there's a 24ft. South Bay pontoon boat docked inside. I have zoysia grass with a built in, lake fed irrigation system etc. I play piano and I'm a licensed amateur radio operator, etc. We have two new cars, a Chevrolet Impala and a Subaru Outback etc. and we're "HAVING TO" withdraw $20,000-$30,000 per year from our IRA's just for tax purposes. Like the bunny said, "Don't Throw Me In That Briar Patch"
Your bitterness doesn't come from your perception that life/God/gods was unfair to you because you seem to be well off. It has to come from your power hunger what did not get satisfied in the Mormon Church. You were apparently overstepped when hierarchical promotions came into play. Get over it, it wasn't' meant to be. We all are where we meant to be and not necessarily where we want to be.

LOL!! In your dreams. I'm 81...been retired from a 41 year long career working with mainframe computers in one of the biggest data processing centers in the country for over 20 years, have three children, eight grandchildren, two great grandchildren, live in a brick rancher on an 1 1/2 acre lawn with 220ft. lake frontage. I have zoysia grass with a built in, lake fed irrigation system etc. I play piano and I'm a licensed amateur radio operator, etc. We have two new cars, a Chevrolet Impala and a Subaru Outback etc. and we're "HAVING TO" withdraw $20,000-$30,000 per year from our IRA's just for tax purposes. Like the bunny said, "Don't Throw Me In That Briar Patch"

LOL...I started to work in one of the most sophisticated processes in the world in 1952. The Oak Ridge Gaseous Diffusion Plant(ORGDP) produced the highly enriched uranium which ultimately was manufactured into over 22,000 nuclear weapons.....at that time the U S's entire stockpile. I worked hard, retired on time and now I play hard. Meet ol' Trey!!

Attachments

• TreyBoat02.jpg
    TreyBoat02.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
... and still bragging about his "stuff" and accomplishments....

Basically everything I need. See...I'm like Dr. Albert Einstein and Thomas Jefferson. I don't need some invisible man in the sky to make my life complete and enjoyable. You might make note of these fellows in your spare time:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ (excerpt from a letter to John Adams)

Basically everything I need. See...I'm like Dr. Albert Einstein and Thomas Jefferson. I don't need some invisible man in the sky to make my life complete and enjoyable. You might make note of these fellows in your spare time:

"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own--a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. It is enough for me to contemplate the mystery of conscious life perpetuating itself through all eternity, to reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifested in nature.~Dr. Albert Einstein~ (excerpt from his obituary)

"And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding" ~Thomas Jefferson~ (excerpt from a letter to John Adams)
You need to read a little more of Einstein's belief about God. I have never said God was the old gray haired man with long beard, wrapped in a bed sheet sitting in the clouds worrying about your well being.

“This firm belief in a superior mind that reveals itself in the world of experience, represents my conception of God.”[15]

“My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws.”[12]

Regarding Jefferson as a Master Mason: He had knowledge what you and I don't even dream about.

Forum List

Back