CDZ What's a Wall Going to Accomplish?

Seriously? A border wall is the epitome of authoritarian symbols. Wake the fuck up.

A wall that doesn't have legal ways to traverse it may be the ultimate sign of an authoritarian but...

[excuses]

Are you a parent? I am. Our bedroom has a door on it, not because I'm an authoritarian parent but because I only want the kids, or anyone else, entering my room with permission.

The government isn't our parent.
And the US isnt our bedroom.

It is however, OUR country.

See you people don't even make cognizant arguments.

"walls don't work"

"oh how mean of you to want to use a wall to keep people out of the country"

If walls didn't work, then building one wouldn't keep anyone out.

Your entire argument is flawed right from the start.

Those who threaten your vision of america are already here and in power calling the shots on the yard son. But you go ahead and keep a watch the poor and powerless for us, K? I will never stand beside you and beg to be walled in by concentrated wealth and power. Perhaps a reservation or two for your people is the answer.

If you gave a shit about the poor and the powerless you would want illegal aliens kept out because they without question make poor and powerless Americans even poorer and even more powerless. Without question.

Are you crazy? I mean I agree the idiots running Congress are morons and liars, but authoritarians? Tell me how sir. By wanting to enforce federal immigration laws?

Seriously? A border wall is the epitome of authoritarian symbols. Wake the fuck up.

A wall that doesn't have legal ways to traverse it may be the ultimate sign of an authoritarian but...

[excuses]

Are you a parent? I am. Our bedroom has a door on it, not because I'm an authoritarian parent but because I only want the kids, or anyone else, entering my room with permission.

The government isn't our parent.
And the US isnt our bedroom.

It is however, OUR country.

See you people don't even make cognizant arguments.

"walls don't work"

"oh how mean of you to want to use a wall to keep people out of the country"

If walls didn't work, then building one wouldn't keep anyone out.

Your entire argument is flawed right from the start.
Walls dont work for keeping people out. They just keep people from seeing whats on the other side if they dont climb over the wall.

I only say "how stupid of you to want to use a wall to keep people out of the country. Walls dont stop people."

Correct. Building a wall doesnt keep people out. Yes your argument is flawed

Building a barrier the entire length of the southern U.S. border is about as dumb an idea as ideas get. Look at the realities and it clear that people aren't coming across everywhere. Some areas are so downright hostile naturally that anyone capable of successfully traversing are so tough and determined that they could do just about anything.
Moreover, once the overland route were closed, what would be done about the Gulf and Pacific? The airways?
The lasting solution is finding ways to help people feel secure and hopeful in their home countries. No one leaves a comfortable home to walk across a grueling desert into an unwelcoming land.

The lasting solution is finding ways to help people feel secure and hopeful in their home countries. No one leaves a comfortable home to walk across a grueling desert into an unwelcoming land.
Sure they do if over the desert is freedom and a better place than where they are now.

The long term solution is to help our neighbors to become better places and stop screwing around with them for the benefit of fruit corporations.

Those who threaten your vision of america are already here and in power calling the shots on the yard son. But you go ahead and keep a watch the poor and powerless for us, K? I will never stand beside you and beg to be walled in by concentrated wealth and power. Perhaps a reservation or two for your people is the answer.
Yeah, so lets just give the criminals complete control of our country and sacrifice our childrens future, said no sane person ever.

A Wall?

What is a wall going to do? Keep the drugs out? Keep the illegals out?

The drugs are coming into the country by underground tunnel, SUBMARINE, shipping, and now their new horizontal drillers making 10" diameter piping tunnels that can span for a mile and are undetectable.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines

A wall will not stop any of this.

As far as illegals, sure plenty are walking across the border, but a wall will not stop the flow of illegals as they will continue to come in by truck, tunnel, and other means.

A border wall is not going to stop a million to billion dollar human and drug smuggling enterprise. There is too much money to be made and smugglers will adapt to any wall that we try.

Civilians dont seem to grasp how obstacles work in a dynamic security system.

When a business locks their doors at night and goes home for the night and returns in the morning, it wasnt just the locks that kept the thieves out. The locks just give the cops and concerned witnesses time to alert the patroling police units to then intervene. It also reduces how much damage can be done by looting criminals. In a riot though, the rioters simply by-pass the locks and break in through windows, etc.

But people still use locks, despite their vulnerability to being bypassed or picked. Why? Because it helps MOST OF THE TIME. It still slows down the criminal and allows the cops more time to get to the business. Alarms alert the management and security companies usually react faster than the cops. BUT LOCKS ARE STILL USEFUL AND NEEDED.

For similar reasons we still need walls for the same reasons businesses and home owners still lock their doors.

A Wall?

The drugs are coming into the country by underground tunnel, SUBMARINE, shipping, and now their new horizontal drillers making 10" diameter piping tunnels that can span for a mile and are undetectable.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...retruck-sized-drillers-to-make-drug-pipelines

As far as illegals, sure plenty are walking across the border, but a wall will not stop the flow of illegals as they will continue to come in by truck, tunnel, and other means.

A border wall is not going to stop a million to billion dollar human and drug smuggling enterprise. There is too much money to be made and smugglers will adapt to any wall that we try.

Jobs?

and then MORE jobs when they tear it down!

When I was young I had a boss who believed that you should ALWAYS be doing something even if that something was nonsense. So when we had nothing to do he had us move boxes from one side of the room to the other. Then back again.

We could do THAT with the wall......build it
tear it down
build it
tear it down

that would be a lot of jobs forever!

"What's a Wall Going to Accomplish?"

Nothing.

Its sole purpose is to appease Trump’s ignorant, hateful, bigoted base.
Actually, those that work the border say that walls do work.
Whom am I supposed to believe, a politician on the hill, or a person who actually works at securing the border?
we don't have an express wall building clause; we have a general welfare clause not a general warfare clause.

A Wall?

It will keep children from being forced to cross the desert....it will force more of the illegals to go to actual points of entry and actually apply for visas.....it will prevent the mad rush at the border that we saw with the caravan......

Nothing.

Whom am I supposed to believe, a politician on the hill, or a person who actually works at securing the border?
How about the people that live at the border?

Americans who live near border say Trump's wall is unwelcome

“The wall might make mid-America feel safer, but for those of us that live on the border, it’s not making us feel any safer when we know that people can go over it, around it, under it and through it,”

A Wall?

What a load of crap. There is no evidence any substantial amount of drugs are coming into the US by underground tunnels or submarines, although the drug cartels have attempted these methods in the past. r borders without being vetted.

There are three indisputable facts about the smart fence the President is proposing:

First, it will be 100% effective in preventing anyone from illegally crossing our southern border. We know this because it will be based on the design of the smart fence Israel built on its border with Sinai. Before the Israeli fence was completed, tens of thousands of Africans illegally entered Israel from Sinai, but since the fence was completed in December 2013, not one has succeeded in illegally entering Israel from Sinai;

Second, there is no other effective method of preventing illegals from crossing our southern border. That's the reason why, despite claims of other effective methods of securing our southern border, the Democrats have been unable to tell us what these other methods are;

Third, if you oppose the only method of securing our southern border, you cannot honestly claim you support border security, and if you are an honest person, you must acknowledge your responsibility for all the suffering that results to Americans and to the illegals, including the children of illegal, that results from opposing the smart fence that President is demanding.

Nothing.

“The wall might make mid-America feel safer, but for those of us that live on the border, it’s not making us feel any safer when we know that people can go over it, around it, under it and through it,”
It's just not a popularity issue, it's a security issue.

Nothing.

Not convinced thats the truth. If it was about security why not get the government back running so the TSA and Border Patrol can get paid? They can debate the wall later or he can use his "emergency" out.

Nothing.

Not convinced thats the truth. If it was about security why not get the government back running so the TSA and Border Patrol can get paid? They can debate the wall later or he can use his "emergency" out.
We've all seen how that pass the Bill now and we'll deal with the security later works out. Politicians have a track record.

Forum List

Back