Whatever happened to "Republicans"???

What Radical policies maggie? The Dems in the senate passed both no child left behind and home;land security as they wanted it because that was the only way Bush could get anything at all through the Democratic senate jumpin' Jim Jeffords left him with in 2001. The Reps also gave you a medicare drug prescrition plan that will cost this country more money in the next 15 years than all wars the US ever fought combined. The only radical things the Bushies did was give us more of what the left had been screaming for for the last fifty years. Hell Clinton governed more conservatively on domestic issues than Bush did but then Clinton had a Republican congress that still acted like Reagan Republicans. Instead of Democrat lite.

The Medicare Act of 2003 the dumbest piece of legislation ever passed.
Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (Pub.L. 108-173, 117 Stat. 2066, also called Medicare Modernization Act or MMA) is a law of the United States which was enacted in 2003.[1] It produced the largest overhaul of Medicare in the public health program's 38-year history.

The MMA was signed by President George W. Bush on December 8, 2003, after passing in Congress by a close margin.

One month later, the ten-year cost estimate was boosted to $534 billion, up more than $100 billion over the figure presented by the Bush administration during Congressional debate. The inaccurate figure helped secure support from fiscally conservative Republicans who had promised to vote against the bill if it cost more than $400 billion. It was reported that an administration official, Thomas A. Scully, had concealed the higher estimate and threatened to fire Medicare Chief Actuary Richard Foster if he revealed it.[2] By early 2005, the White House Budget had increased the 10-year estimate to $1.2 trillion.[3]
Former US Comptroller General David M. Walker has called this "...probably the most fiscally irresponsible piece of legislation since the 1960s... because we promise way more than we can afford to keep." [4]

Like I said, both sides are corrupt, how in the hell can Congress pass a benefit without any funding to back it up? Republicans and Democrats are equally culpable for the undoing of a great nation. There is only one way that we will ever get representatives that are representative of the people's interests. Stop blindly following a party solely based on the party.

What happened is that they appeased, capitulated, and caved to the left for so long, that they became indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from the left.

They ran exactly the kind of "moderate" presidential candidate all the leftists claim that republicans should run, and they still lost.

And I have yet to see any compelling sensory evidence, despite all the bluster from the left, that the GOP has shifted "hard right".
Nope, the Republican Party has gone so far in appeasing the extreme right wingnuts, and there lies their problem.
21% now claim to be Republican. Like John Dean said awhile back .... 21% would follow their leader [then Bush] over a cliff. Odd that the figures are the same.

Neither party will ever be based in common sense. Special interest controls both parties, the party representatives are puppets of their special interest groups.

But you defend the GOP special interest.

We complain when our Democrats do it. And you sure as hell complain when you catch a Dem doing this.

So why don't you complain about the GOP bending over for corporations? Hell, you defend it.

What makes your special interest any better that you vote for it and defend it for 8 years as it ruined America.

Dipshit I am a registered independent. You are exactly what fuels corruption by both parties, brainless followers...:cuckoo:

Fuck that. I only talk to idiots like you because it hones my skills. I do my best to make some sense to you and if I can't, then fuck it, I just make an example of you. Fuck if you are an independent.

You're an independent like Palin doesn't belong to the Alaskan Independence Party. :eusa_liar:

We complain when our Democrats do it. And you sure as hell complain when you catch a Dem doing this.

So why don't you complain about the GOP bending over for corporations? Hell, you defend it.

What makes your special interest any better that you vote for it and defend it for 8 years as it ruined America.

Dipshit I am a registered independent. You are exactly what fuels corruption by both parties, brainless followers...:cuckoo:

Fuck that. I only talk to idiots like you because it hones my skills. I do my best to make some sense to you and if I can't, then fuck it, I just make an example of you. Fuck if you are an independent.

You're an independent like Palin doesn't belong to the Alaskan Independence Party. :eusa_liar:

i think i speak for everyone, bobo, when i say that your idiot skills are sine qua non.

kudos.

i think i speak for everyone, bobo, when i say that your idiot skills are sine qua non.

kudos.

I think you speak for everyone who has a vagina Del because you have one between your hairy legs.

Or you speak for all the right wingers, maybe, because they feel safe having you speak for them, seeing as how you never really say anything. :lol:

You guys either don't want to admit when I have proven you wrong, or my shit goes way over your heads.

Example: You guys continuously try to say that Dems are no different/better than GOP'ers. Right? Well I proved yesterday that it is the people who vote for Republicans that make them a really shitty party.

I know this is going over the little head on your red neck shoulders, but I'll continue anyways.

So if it were true that our Democratic leadership was just as bad, it would make it a lot easier for people who left the GOP to cross back over and vote for them again in 2010 or 2012, seeing as how Dems are no different.

So even if its not true, you repeat it enough times and it becomes your reality. Dumb shit.

Anyways, back to the point I made yesterday. So if the dems are serving special interest, and you can prove it, like you guys did with Chris Dodd, then lets get it on. If Pelosi was part of Bush's lawbreaking, then lets get it on!!! Us Democrats don't give a fuck about Dodd or Pelosi, other than they vote the way we want them to vote. They help us get our majority. But we can just as easily have someone else be the speaker. Or a new dem can take Dodd out in the primary if he's corrupt. We do care.

But you stupid mother fuckers don't. If we tell you that the GOP are in bed with corporations, YOU DUMB FUCKS DEFEND THE CORPORATIONS!!!!

They got you working for them and against your own interest.

And you seem to get it when it is Dems leading the way, so wake the fuck up next time the GOP is in control, god forbid that ever fucking happens again.

Because they can't be trusted with leadership, just like you can't be trusted to vote within your own fucking tax bracket.

Even though you don't say a fucking word Del, you are one of the sheeple, baaahhh!!!! Fucking idiot.

Now come back with your funny one liner. :lol:

fuck that. I only talk to idiots like you because it hones my skills. I do my best to make some sense to you and if i can't, then fuck it, i just make an example of you. Fuck if you are an independent.

You're an independent like palin doesn't belong to the alaskan independence party. :eusa_liar:

Kudos.

i think you speak for everyone who has a vagina del because you have one between your hairy legs.

Or you speak for all the right wingers, maybe, because they feel safe having you speak for them, seeing as how you never really say anything. :lol:

You guys either don't want to admit when i have proven you wrong, or my shit goes way over your heads.

Example: You guys continuously try to say that dems are no different/better than gop'ers. Right? Well i proved yesterday that it is the people who vote for republicans that make them a really shitty party.

I know this is going over the little head on your red neck shoulders, but i'll continue anyways.

So if it were true that our democratic leadership was just as bad, it would make it a lot easier for people who left the gop to cross back over and vote for them again in 2010 or 2012, seeing as how dems are no different.

So even if its not true, you repeat it enough times and it becomes your reality. Dumb shit.

Anyways, back to the point i made yesterday. So if the dems are serving special interest, and you can prove it, like you guys did with chris dodd, then lets get it on. If pelosi was part of bush's lawbreaking, then lets get it on!!! Us democrats don't give a fuck about dodd or pelosi, other than they vote the way we want them to vote. They help us get our majority. But we can just as easily have someone else be the speaker. Or a new dem can take dodd out in the primary if he's corrupt. We do care.

But you stupid mother fuckers don't. If we tell you that the gop are in bed with corporations, you dumb fucks defend the corporations!!!!

They got you working for them and against your own interest.

And you seem to get it when it is dems leading the way, so wake the fuck up next time the gop is in control, god forbid that ever fucking happens again.

Because they can't be trusted with leadership, just like you can't be trusted to vote within your own fucking tax bracket.

Even though you don't say a fucking word del, you are one of the sheeple, baaahhh!!!! Fucking idiot.

Now come back with your funny one liner. :lol:

qed

one would ask you to do the same.

I do it all the time. Where are you? If you choose not to check out links I post, too bad.

there were no links on the post in question.

try again.

You people are also lazy asses. Just use your fingertips and Google words like "welfare programs cut by the Bush administration." They are too numerous to post ALL the links. "Dude" needs to back up his statements. I can, he doesn't. Just because I don't post a link with everything I say is fucking tough.

I do it all the time. Where are you? If you choose not to check out links I post, too bad.

there were no links on the post in question.

try again.

You people are also lazy asses. Just use your fingertips and Google words like "welfare programs cut by the Bush administration." They are too numerous to post ALL the links. "Dude" needs to back up his statements. I can, he doesn't. Just because I don't post a link with everything I say is fucking tough.

want some cheese with that?
why should i research your assertions?
i'll just assume that you're talking out of your ass, again.
:lol:

I'll score that one "ZERO", the lefty boilerplate sniveling points nonwithstanding.

And I hate to break it to you...But over 2/3 of Shrubbie's spending spree was on DOMESTIC PROGRAMS!!

You lose again.

How much was spent on promoting happy marriages? How much was spend on <gasp> Home Ownership for Minorities? How much was NOT spent on his mandated No Child Left Behind. C'mon, smartass, put some proof on the table.
That wasn't the question.

The question was and still is which do-gooder social program was ended??

What part of NOT FUNDED don't you "get"?? If a program has no money, it essentially ends. It's a no-brainer. Although I don't intend to do any more homework for you, here's one of many.

House Financial Services Committee
February 2003 — HUD issues its budget proposal for FY04, which zeroes out funding for a number of crucial affordable housing programs:

Ironically, shortly thereafter, Bush proposed a "new and improved" uber expensive home ownership for minorities:

Expanding Home OwnershipIssues
"This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."

- President George W. Bush, December 16, 2003
The Accomplishments
Increasing Homeownership
The US homeownership rate reached a record 69.2 percent in the second quarter of 2004. The number of homeowners in the United States reached 73.4 million, the most ever. And for the first time, the majority of minority Americans own their own homes.
The President set a goal to increase the number of minority homeowners by 5.5 million families by the end of the decade. Through his homeownership challenge, the President called on the private sector to help in this effort. More than two dozen companies and organizations have made commitments to increase minority homeownership - including pledges to provide more than $1.1 trillion in mortgage purchases for minority homebuyers this decade. *
President Bush signed the $200 million-per-year American Dream Downpayment Act which will help approximately 40,000 families each year with their downpayment and closing costs. * *

The Administration proposed the Zero-Downpayment Initiative to allow the Federal Housing Administration to insure mortgages for first-time homebuyers without a downpayment. Projections indicate this could generate over 150,000 new homeowners in the first year alone.
President Bush proposed a new Single Family Affordable Housing Tax Credit to increase the supply of affordable homes.
The President has proposed to more than double funding for the Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP), where government and non-profit organizations work closely together to increase homeownership opportunities.
The President proposed $2.7 billion in USDA home loan guarantees to support rural homeownership and $1.1 billion in direct loans for low-income borrowers unable to secure a mortgage through a conventional lender. These loans are expected to provide 42,800 homeownership opportunities to rural families across America. * *

General Electric has reinvented itself and its corporatism for the new regime.

I urge you to read up on that.

Are they still "ruining America?"

I never said they were. I was responding to the other guy's comparison to Grummon. GE still ranks as the #10 defense contractor, regardless how many news outlets it owns. Just because you smell bias doesn't surprise me one bit. But I find it ironic that you people don't seem concerned when Rupert Murdoch "buys" the Wall Street Journal and "promises" not to turn it into a biased right-wing rag. He's not there yet, but very close. So the running commentary about General Electric's ownership of news organizations seems to indicate that you people would prefer they ALL be biased toward the right, and then that would make it fair. How ridiculous.

I'm not concerned about Rupert Murdoch. Why should I be? He's a free man.

GE Capital was given $140B in bailout money (by Bush and the FDIC, not TARP, granted) but but no persecutions over executive compensation. Now they are seated at the right hand of the Father for a whopper of an information systems contract for healthcare reform.

1. Rupert Murdoch is NEWS CORP. Hello? Next time I see you bitching about media bias, I'll remind you.

2. Any bailout money thus far has ALL come from the $750 billion TARP fund, which are LOANS ("bailout" is the wrong characterization).

3. I feel very comfortable with a company like General Electric. Always have, always will. So who should get the contract? Halliburton? After all, I understand they can do oil field repairs and dirty laundry, so it's quite diversified. :lol:

1. Rupert Murdoch is NEWS CORP. Hello? Next time I see you bitching about media bias, I'll remind you.

2. Any bailout money thus far has ALL come from the $750 billion TARP fund, which are LOANS ("bailout" is the wrong characterization).

3. I feel very comfortable with a company like General Electric. Always have, always will. So who should get the contract? Halliburton? After all, I understand they can do oil field repairs and dirty laundry, so it's quite diversified. :lol:

1. Rupert Murdoch does not have his hand in the taxpayer till and simultaneously run media outlets like GE does. He can say whatever he wants.

2. GE Capital got $140B from FDIC. Look it up.

3. Only a statist could try and make the case that some corporatists are more equal than others.

Dude, the Religious Right and the Neocon leadership are what happened to the Republican party.

They used to be the fiscal conservatives, they are nowhere to be found anymore. I actually liked them then. Now they are simply nutfringe loonies waiting around for someone to lead them toward some semblence of the party they used to be.

I couldn't have said it better, although I believe the Evangelical Movement now acknowledges that they temporarily forgot who Jesus was.
of course you couldnt
you are BOTH fucking morons

Feel better? Do you ever have anything substantive to say?

back in the early nineties when i was a registered Dem.....i asked myself that same question about the Democrats.....what happened to you guys?....dont recognize ya anymore.....so left them and became an INDY and started thinking for myself.....have never looked back and now cant stand either party....

Ironically, I basically did the same thing following Reagan's second term when I just couldn't vote for another Republican but there wasn't a Democrat I had much faith in either. I kind of coasted through Bill Clinton's first term, and then I finally (FINALLY!) started seeing some old-fashioned give and take by both parties in order to achieve solutions satisfactory to everyone. Even Gingrich and Clinton had their heads together on many occasions, away from the press. Not so today, and with the Party of No up against majority Democrats, the latter will play up the fact that they get no cooperation from the right, which only compounds the conservatives' bad image.

Contrary to Dude's opinion, and that of the rest of the "hard right," in order to keep the country on at least a common sense track, it takes a helluva lot of appeasement, capitulation and caving by both sides. Otherwise, we have either a dictatorship or gridlock.

appeased, capitulated, and caved

Tom Daschle said in an interview i seen on TV,that when he and Trent Lott were in the Senate,we disagreed on much,but we came together on many of those bills at the end of the day......and he said he doesnt see that now.....to much animosity on both sides.....and it had better change....i agree......they dont have ANY leadership......certain people should be replaced,and get some new ideas in there,MAYBE by someone or body who actually know what they are doing....

That's true. There's just too much bitterness that has built up over the last decade and nowhere to talk it out reasonably. They used to gather in the outer lounge areas after the gavel fell on their respective daily sessions for smokes and cocktails. It's actually how a lot of compromise was reached, frankly. They would beat each other up on the floor, but slap each other on the backs behind the scenes.

Much like a bunch of ultra tree huggers don't contol the GOP. You guys want to define the GOP even though in a generic Congressional poll the GOP has been polling above or very slightly behind the Dimocrats. The Dimocrats will hang themselves by spending 3.6 trillion, it is unsustainable and will crash the dollar. Our government has always worked best when Congress and the Presidency has power split between the two parties.

What generic congressional poll would that be? Rasmussen? The Republican pollster? Republicans trail badly in ALL polls--here:

Congress: Republicans

Institutions (2)
no, dumbass, Rasmussen is NOT a republican pollster

Ya think?

Scott Rasmussen received $95,500 from the Republican National Committee and $45,500 from the George W. Bush presidential campaign as a campaign consultant for the 2004 presidential election.

Scott Rasmussen is an Evangelical Christian and is president of the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, a not-for-profit corporation with historic ties to the United Methodist Church and the Wesleyan tradition. The Camp Meeting founded the town of Ocean Grove, New Jersey in 1869 and maintains a Christian seaside resort community providing opportunities for spiritual birth, growth, and renewal.

Excerpted from his Wikipedia entry.

Neither party will ever be based in common sense. Special interest controls both parties, the party representatives are puppets of their special interest groups.

I'm a registered independent too, but that means squat except during a national election in my state. You must choose either choose a Democrat or Republican ballot. On the registrar, everyone is listed as a D or R. Not right, but that's just the way it is, until changed. And I hope it does.

What Radical policies maggie? The Dems in the senate passed both no child left behind and home;land security as they wanted it because that was the only way Bush could get anything at all through the Democratic senate jumpin' Jim Jeffords left him with in 2001. The Reps also gave you a medicare drug prescrition plan that will cost this country more money in the next 15 years than all wars the US ever fought combined. The only radical things the Bushies did was give us more of what the left had been screaming for for the last fifty years. Hell Clinton governed more conservatively on domestic issues than Bush did but then Clinton had a Republican congress that still acted like Reagan Republicans. Instead of Democrat lite.

The mandated (meaning it MUST BE funded) NCLB has gone woefully UNDER-funded since its inception. It needs major overhaul, but the money isn't there for the states to adequately even meet the current requirements. The Dems never asked for all of the once independent national security and first response agencies to be folded into a behemoth tent called Homeland Security. That was a rushed decision post-911 and there was complete chaos for the first two years of operation as one single entity (totally predictable). Think FEMA and Katrina. FEMA once had exceptional capabilities and a great record for responses when it operated alone.

The Prescription Drug bill never, never would have been passed by Republicans except for the politics involved. DeLay (and Rove) saw a HUGE voting bloc that they wanted to tap into and be able to rely upon forever: Older people, who tend to consistently VOTE, rather than the younger folks who were consistently unpredictable. The bill was changed so drastically that it was unrecognizable by the time it finally got passed. Also, the estimated projected costs were deliberately fudged, and not discovered until an obscure whistleblower went public with the real figure. It's all here:

Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back