Whatever happened to "Republicans"???

there were no links on the post in question.

try again.

You people are also lazy asses. Just use your fingertips and Google words like "welfare programs cut by the Bush administration." They are too numerous to post ALL the links. "Dude" needs to back up his statements. I can, he doesn't. Just because I don't post a link with everything I say is fucking tough.

want some cheese with that?
why should i research your assertions?
i'll just assume that you're talking out of your ass, again.
:lol:

If you don't care, then don't ask, asshole.

What Radical policies maggie? The Dems in the senate passed both no child left behind and home;land security as they wanted it because that was the only way Bush could get anything at all through the Democratic senate jumpin' Jim Jeffords left him with in 2001. The Reps also gave you a medicare drug prescrition plan that will cost this country more money in the next 15 years than all wars the US ever fought combined. The only radical things the Bushies did was give us more of what the left had been screaming for for the last fifty years. Hell Clinton governed more conservatively on domestic issues than Bush did but then Clinton had a Republican congress that still acted like Reagan Republicans. Instead of Democrat lite.

The mandated (meaning it MUST BE funded) NCLB has gone woefully UNDER-funded since its inception. It needs major overhaul, but the money isn't there for the states to adequately even meet the current requirements. The Dems never asked for all of the once independent national security and first response agencies to be folded into a behemoth tent called Homeland Security. That was a rushed decision post-911 and there was complete chaos for the first two years of operation as one single entity (totally predictable). Think FEMA and Katrina. FEMA once had exceptional capabilities and a great record for responses when it operated alone.

The Prescription Drug bill never, never would have been passed by Republicans except for the politics involved. DeLay (and Rove) saw a HUGE voting bloc that they wanted to tap into and be able to rely upon forever: Older people, who tend to consistently VOTE, rather than the younger folks who were consistently unpredictable. The bill was changed so drastically that it was unrecognizable by the time it finally got passed. Also, the estimated projected costs were deliberately fudged, and not discovered until an obscure whistleblower went public with the real figure. It's all here:

Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which proves there is no upside for Republicans to move to the left...ever.

You people are also lazy asses. Just use your fingertips and Google words like "welfare programs cut by the Bush administration." They are too numerous to post ALL the links. "Dude" needs to back up his statements. I can, he doesn't. Just because I don't post a link with everything I say is fucking tough.

If you don't care, then don't ask, asshole.

aww, someone's retaining water
tant pis

1. Rupert Murdoch is NEWS CORP. Hello? Next time I see you bitching about media bias, I'll remind you.

2. Any bailout money thus far has ALL come from the $750 billion TARP fund, which are LOANS ("bailout" is the wrong characterization).

3. I feel very comfortable with a company like General Electric. Always have, always will. So who should get the contract? Halliburton? After all, I understand they can do oil field repairs and dirty laundry, so it's quite diversified. :lol:

1. Rupert Murdoch does not have his hand in the taxpayer till and simultaneously run media outlets like GE does. He can say whatever he wants.

2. GE Capital got $140B from FDIC. Look it up.

3. Only a statist could try and make the case that some corporatists are more equal than others.

Love the new "statist" label you folks toss around like it's an evil word. News flash, hon, there ARE differences in how certain corporations operate. Point taken on Murdoch. However, GE's also was not a "bailout" per se. Those funds were already available under the purview of FDIC insured accounts.

G.E.’s finance businesses are able to seek F.D.I.C. debt coverage because its GE Capital subsidiary also owns a federal savings bank and an industrial loan company, both of which already qualify. Last month, G.E. started using a new Federal Reserve program aimed at reviving demand for the commercial paper for a wide variety of companies. The F.D.I.C. program covers about $139 billion of G.E.’s debt, or 125 percent of total senior unsecured debt outstanding as of Sept. 30 and maturing by June 30.Bloomberg News

What Radical policies maggie? The Dems in the senate passed both no child left behind and home;land security as they wanted it because that was the only way Bush could get anything at all through the Democratic senate jumpin' Jim Jeffords left him with in 2001. The Reps also gave you a medicare drug prescrition plan that will cost this country more money in the next 15 years than all wars the US ever fought combined. The only radical things the Bushies did was give us more of what the left had been screaming for for the last fifty years. Hell Clinton governed more conservatively on domestic issues than Bush did but then Clinton had a Republican congress that still acted like Reagan Republicans. Instead of Democrat lite.

The mandated (meaning it MUST BE funded) NCLB has gone woefully UNDER-funded since its inception. It needs major overhaul, but the money isn't there for the states to adequately even meet the current requirements. The Dems never asked for all of the once independent national security and first response agencies to be folded into a behemoth tent called Homeland Security. That was a rushed decision post-911 and there was complete chaos for the first two years of operation as one single entity (totally predictable). Think FEMA and Katrina. FEMA once had exceptional capabilities and a great record for responses when it operated alone.

The Prescription Drug bill never, never would have been passed by Republicans except for the politics involved. DeLay (and Rove) saw a HUGE voting bloc that they wanted to tap into and be able to rely upon forever: Older people, who tend to consistently VOTE, rather than the younger folks who were consistently unpredictable. The bill was changed so drastically that it was unrecognizable by the time it finally got passed. Also, the estimated projected costs were deliberately fudged, and not discovered until an obscure whistleblower went public with the real figure. It's all here:

Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which proves there is no upside for Republicans to move to the left...ever.

Huh? First off, nobody on the left expects them to. Second, if you're talking only about the drug bill, it never would have seen the light of day again if Republicans hadn't pushed it through. They did NOT do that to appease the left.

What happened is that they appeased, capitulated, and caved to the left for so long, that they became indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from the left.

They ran exactly the kind of "moderate" presidential candidate all the leftists claim that republicans should run, and they still lost.

And I have yet to see any compelling sensory evidence, despite all the bluster from the left, that the GOP has shifted "hard right".
Nope, the Republican Party has gone so far in appeasing the extreme right wingnuts, and there lies their problem.
21% now claim to be Republican. Like John Dean said awhile back .... 21% would follow their leader [then Bush] over a cliff. Odd that the figures are the same.
are you fucking NUTZ????????????

they have been appeasing you fucking moronic liberals more than they have done ANYTHING for the right.
thats why they lost, asshole.

Fuck that. I only talk to idiots like you because it hones my skills. I do my best to make some sense to you and if I can't, then fuck it, I just make an example of you. Fuck if you are an independent.

You're an independent like Palin doesn't belong to the Alaskan Independence Party. :eusa_liar:

i think i speak for everyone, bobo, when i say that your idiot skills are sine qua non.

kudos.

blah blah blah

fixed

I do it all the time. Where are you? If you choose not to check out links I post, too bad.

try again.

sorry, but all those hits are to morons like YOU that CLAIM welfare was cut, not that it actually WAS

Last edited:

try again.

thats all she ever does

Nice to see Trent Lott's rotting corpse being dredged up when it suits some particular purpose.
yeah, he was a racist piece of shit otherwise
just like her using that quote from Jack Kemp
shes a piece of shit for using that as if she would have EVER supported the kind of things he did

What generic congressional poll would that be? Rasmussen? The Republican pollster? Republicans trail badly in ALL polls--here:

Congress: Republicans

Institutions (2)
no, dumbass, Rasmussen is NOT a republican pollster

Ya think?

Scott Rasmussen received $95,500 from the Republican National Committee and $45,500 from the George W. Bush presidential campaign as a campaign consultant for the 2004 presidential election.

Scott Rasmussen is an Evangelical Christian and is president of the Ocean Grove Camp Meeting Association, a not-for-profit corporation with historic ties to the United Methodist Church and the Wesleyan tradition. The Camp Meeting founded the town of Ocean Grove, New Jersey in 1869 and maintains a Christian seaside resort community providing opportunities for spiritual birth, growth, and renewal.

Excerpted from his Wikipedia entry.
see, thats part of your problem, you trust wikipedia
MORON

What happened is that they appeased, capitulated, and caved to the left for so long, that they became indistinguishable, for all practical purposes, from the left.

They ran exactly the kind of "moderate" presidential candidate all the leftists claim that republicans should run, and they still lost.

And I have yet to see any compelling sensory evidence, despite all the bluster from the left, that the GOP has shifted "hard right".
Nope, the Republican Party has gone so far in appeasing the extreme right wingnuts, and there lies their problem.
21% now claim to be Republican. Like John Dean said awhile back .... 21% would follow their leader [then Bush] over a cliff. Odd that the figures are the same.
Besides the fundies, who are as far from "conservative" (whatever the hell that's supposed to mean anymore) as you can get and still be republican, name these "extreme right wingnuts".

Take your time.

i think i speak for everyone, bobo, when i say that your idiot skills are sine qua non.

kudos.

blah blah blah

fixed

Really, nothing has changed with Republicans. Everything that has happened in the last 8 years is the culmination of their efforts.

Lower wages, cut taxes and max profits, mission accomplished.

Steal Saddams oil for the oil companies and have the American tax payers pay for it? CHECK.

Empty the treasury to end social programs/services and prove government doesn't work? CHECK!!!

And then right at the very last minute, give the bankers who own your party and this country $750billion going away party. Big CHECK!!!

Everyone who benefitted from GOPanomics the last 8 years voted for McCain.

So the only thing the GOP did wrong was they were not able to convince you the shit they handed us was icecream.

We still aren't absolutely sure what the fuck happened, but something stinks. The bankers, wallstreet, speculation, oil companies, healthcare giants raising premiums, gouging,

What happened to the GOP? They got the chance to lead and showed us that their way sucks.

Republicans think this country is for the strong and only the strong should survive. Fuck the weak!!!

Democrats think what makes America great is how we treat our poor, and our huge middle class. This takes government/democracy. Survival of the fittest does not.

Republicans want to kill our government just like they want to kill the middle class.

Lets face it. The middle class makes too much. Republicans can't deny this. What do they say is a companies biggest "expense"? Payroll?

We are their biggest asset. Without us, they don't make shit.

And without us, no one will buy their shit either. This we are proving now. But they still don't get it.

They're still blaming Freddy May :lol:

Forum List

Back