What would you like the state to do?

Yes, government confiscating our money and making our decisions for us is so much better. Thank you for caring
The state will always take taxes from the people, using them to the actual benefit of people is better then what they're wasted on now.
They should only take enough to support roads, schools through high school, parks, small military, and nothing else I can think of.
Why not healthcare? Food distribution?

That's your responsibility
Ah, when one lives under a state, I feel that the state should help the people, yeah, I can obviously give food to everyone.

So if any State and any taxes are justified, then a ubiquitous State and all taxation is justified? Such a high bar you set for yourself

Sounds like a plea for more free shit.
Sounds like a good utilization of the state to help the people.

Yes, government confiscating our money and making our decisions for us is so much better. Thank you for caring
The state will always take taxes from the people, using them to the actual benefit of people is better then what they're wasted on now.
They should only take enough to support roads, schools through high school, parks, small military, and nothing else I can think of.
I prefer freedom/lower taxes. Anyone could already receive health care before obamacare. It didn't change anything. Also people don't starve in the US unless by choice.

Sounds like a plea for more free shit.

That doesn't contradict what I said
What are you trying to get me to contradict.

You sounded like you thought you had rebutted me, just wanted to be sure you realized you didn't. You just repeated your position

Ah, when one lives under a state, I feel that the state should help the people, yeah, I can obviously give food to everyone.

So if any State and any taxes are justified, then a ubiquitous State and all taxation is justified? Such a high bar you set for yourself
I never said the state is justified, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, it should attempt to do these things.

I prefer freedom/lower taxes. Anyone could already receive health care before obamacare. It didn't change anything. Also people don't starve in the US unless by choice.
Yeah, I'm sure that healthcare was free.

They didn't turn down someone who was dying.

Nor does universal healthcare, and it helps people live without worry, heck, think of how many who purposefully didn't go for health concerns due to cost.

Nor does universal healthcare, and it helps people live without worry, heck, think of how many who purposefully didn't go for health concerns due to cost.
People still don't do that. I don't go to the doctor cause I'm busy. lol.

People still don't do that. I don't go to the doctor cause I'm busy. lol.
Yeah, but the main reason is cost.

What I would like the state to do is impose far better limits on itself so that we can have more faith and trust in our politicians.

Strict, short term limits, publicly-funded elections and a Balanced Budget Amendment would be a good start.

Then, our politicians would (a) be less inclined to be influenced by money & corruption, and (b) be forced to justify their taxing and spending agendas honestly.

I never said the state is justified, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, it should attempt to do these things.

You just contradicted yourself

No, I didn't, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, these are the things I would like it to do, Doesn't mean I agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but I'm realistic.

No, I didn't, I'm simply saying that if the state exists, these are the things I would like it to do, Doesn't mean I agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but I'm realistic.
People would rather have big screen tvs and stereos in their cars than health care.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

People would rather have big screen tvs and stereos in their cars than health care.
Maybe in a world where capitalists shove that shit down their throats, but I doubt that applies to most people in poverty world wide

People are morons, a fundamental program for Marxists. A thought to have on to.

Start a system that relies on human greed and stupidity, capitalism is a good example, and the people will embrace it like mother's milk.

You don't agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but you want more oppression, got it

You don't agree with the oppressive nature of a state, but you want more oppression, got it
Name one thing in my OP that is oppressive, I'm sure you don't like child labor, I guess since you buy clothes with cotton, you're a hypocrite and want more child labor. Your logic is retarded.

Maybe in a world where capitalists shove that shit down their throats, but I doubt that applies to most people in poverty world wide
Most people in poverty want to be able to feed their kids. Start there. They aren't known for their visions of a better world. The very poor and the very rich have one thing in common, they are both very conservative.

People are morons, a fundamental program for Marxists. A thought to have on to.

Start a system that relies on human greed and stupidity, capitalism is a good example, and the people will embrace it like mother's milk.
Humans are stupid and greedy so why wouldn't you base the system off of that?

That is exactly the problem.

Liberal comes home with 60 inch flat screen TV, reaction, $1,000? Bam, a steal! I can't wait to watch the game!

Liberal comes home with medication to control his blood pressure and save his life. WTF? $1,000? Why is this my problem!!!! My employer, the State, someone else should pay this!!!!!

Forum List

Back