What would you like the state to do?

I agree with the part about reducing military spending and full employment. The others are already taken care of. Most homeless people choose to live on the street rather than a shelter.
And you know everyone of them so you're able to testify to that?
Universal healthcare is another violation of rights as would be free higher education with all the tax raises necessary. Homeless people reject offers for food most of the time because they get free food from soup kitchens or just random people offering. Most of them just want money for drugs, alcohol, cigarettes.
And you know every one of them? Every homeless person?
If you be so aware, you would realize that homeless people need intervention most of the time...and hope...
It's sad but most people who are homeless, living on the street, have some sort of mental illness. I don't know every homeless person but if there's just 1 homeless guy that is hungry I don't really care enough to raise everyone's taxes for one guy.
No heaven for you!!
The thing is, I believe in giving money to the poor through charities. I think giving it to the government is foolish. Our government is inefficient and useless. It needs to be cut back a lot.

And you know everyone of them so you're able to testify to that?
Universal healthcare is another violation of rights as would be free higher education with all the tax raises necessary. Homeless people reject offers for food most of the time because they get free food from soup kitchens or just random people offering. Most of them just want money for drugs, alcohol, cigarettes.
If you be so aware, you would realize that homeless people need intervention most of the time...and hope...
It's sad but most people who are homeless, living on the street, have some sort of mental illness. I don't know every homeless person but if there's just 1 homeless guy that is hungry I don't really care enough to raise everyone's taxes for one guy.
No heaven for you!!
The thing is, I believe in giving money to the poor through charities. I think giving it to the government is foolish. Our government is inefficient and useless. It needs to be cut back a lot.
A whole lot or a little?

Well, obviously, I don't want the state to exist at all, but with the state still existing, I thought it'd be a good idea to get people's ideas on what they would want the state to do. Let's keep it civil.
Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Free Higher Level Education
- Food distribution centers in all major cities/areas with those poverty
- Full employment
- Higher taxes on the top 0.1%
- Reduced military spending, more focus on renewable energy programs/health/education
- Government program to provide housing to the homeless using the existing homes that are unoccupied, or homes that can never sell, etc, etc...
Many more, just a brief list.

We don't live in a "STATE"!
We live in states in the "UNITED States".
That means the state of Florida where I live belongs with the other 49 states with a common agreement known as the Constitution.
BUT the "state" I live in is different in many ways then the other 49 states...thank goodness!
I've made a decision to live in this state that unlike 43 states that don't have the need to tax my income.
I've made a decision to live in a state where heating is secondary to existence.
My point is the "state" you speak of so fondly is an imaginary homogeneous collection of same minded same theological,etc. humans.
Doesn't exist within the United States.
Even within Florida there are not 19.8 million same minded people!
So what gives then a "STATE" the right to do what you list?
Not all states need "universal healthcare"!
Not all states need Free Higher level education!
Not all states need a minimum wage of $15!
As far as your list:
Universal Healthcare there were less then 4 million people that wanted and needed healthcare not the 46 bogus million when you subtract 10 million illegals, 14 million that BEFORE ACA were eligible for Medicaid but due to the gross inefficiencies didn't know they were covered and finally forcing 18 million under 34 who make enough to buy to get insurance! These 42 million should never been included!
So Universal healthcare was NEVER NEVER needed in the USA when 99.8% of Americans either were covered or didn't want health insurance!

The "state" can't manage the people they are responsible for now so how in the hell can they do "Universal Healthcare"?

No heaven for you!!
A whole lot or a little?
A lot. Also you make stupid assumptions about people who don't support large social programs for the poor. Many people would much rather have control over what they give. I know many people that make large donations to charity but they would not support it through the government because they believe in something called free choice.

No heaven for you!!
A whole lot or a little?
A lot. Also you make stupid assumptions about people who don't support large social programs for the poor. Many people would much rather have control over what they give. I know many people that make large donations to charity but they would not support it through the government because they believe in something called free choice.
The govt. just opens the hand more.........

No heaven for you!!
A whole lot or a little?
The govt. just opens the hand more.........
It's taxation without representation. Literally just legal theft. Forcing citizens to support causes they don't want to and to give money to the most inefficient charity. I look at the amount of money that actually gets put to the cause before I donate somewhere. I've seen how the government works and if you give it ten dollars only 5 would probably make it to the poor. The funny thing is that the people that are trying to push this the most give the least amount to charities. The ones that give don't see a need for it because they give money. lol

BREAKING NEWS
The President has just released an Executive Order requiring the Department of Agriculture to immediately begin planting trees that grow Free Shit on Federally owned land in all 57 states. Emergency temporary workers are encouraged to sign up to be on planting teams. Salary will be at a starting wage of $27.95 per hour. Republicans need not apply and will not be hired. All workers will be immediately eligible for Free Shit and will be enrolled in ACA and registered to vote and issued a Ready For Hillary bumper sticker and T-shirt.
Updates to follow.

Well, obviously, I don't want the state to exist at all, but with the state still existing, I thought it'd be a good idea to get people's ideas on what they would want the state to do. Let's keep it civil.
Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment
- Reduced military spending, more focus on renewable energy programs/health/education
- Government program to provide housing to the homeless using the existing homes that are unoccupied, or homes that can never sell, etc, etc...

We don't live in a "STATE"!
We live in states in the "UNITED States".
That means the state of Florida where I live belongs with the other 49 states with a common agreement known as the Constitution.
BUT the "state" I live in is different in many ways then the other 49 states...thank goodness!
I've made a decision to live in this state that unlike 43 states that don't have the need to tax my income.
I've made a decision to live in a state where heating is secondary to existence.
My point is the "state" you speak of so fondly is an imaginary homogeneous collection of same minded same theological,etc. humans.
Doesn't exist within the United States.
Even within Florida there are not 19.8 million same minded people!
So what gives then a "STATE" the right to do what you list?
Not all states need "universal healthcare"!
Not all states need Free Higher level education!
Not all states need a minimum wage of $15!
As far as your list:
Universal Healthcare there were less then 4 million people that wanted and needed healthcare not the 46 bogus million when you subtract 10 million illegals, 14 million that BEFORE ACA were eligible for Medicaid but due to the gross inefficiencies didn't know they were covered and finally forcing 18 million under 34 who make enough to buy to get insurance! These 42 million should never been included!
So Universal healthcare was NEVER NEVER needed in the USA when 99.8% of Americans either were covered or didn't want health insurance!

The "state" can't manage the people they are responsible for now so how in the hell can they do "Universal Healthcare"?
Look at European countries nitwit.

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

Right, you want a ubiquitous government but you don't want it to exist, that's such a productive point to debate

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

Right, you want a ubiquitous government but you don't want it to exist, that's such a productive point to debate
If the state continues to exist, I would like for it to do these things. Not hard to understand.

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment
Sounds like a plea for more free shit.
Sounds like a good utilization of the state to help the people.

Yes, government confiscating our money and making our decisions for us is so much better. Thank you for caring

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

Yes, government confiscating our money and making our decisions for us is so much better. Thank you for caring
The state will always take taxes from the people, using them to the actual benefit of people is better then what they're wasted on now.

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

The state will always take taxes from the people, using them to the actual benefit of people is better then what they're wasted on now.
They should only take enough to support roads, schools through high school, parks, small military, and nothing else I can think of.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

They should only take enough to support roads, schools through high school, parks, small military, and nothing else I can think of.
Why not healthcare? Food distribution?

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

If the state continues to exist, I would like for it to do these things. Not hard to understand.

That doesn't contradict what I said

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

That's your responsibility

Here are my ideas:
- Universal Healthcare
- Full employment

What are you trying to get me to contradict.

That's your responsibility
Ah, when one lives under a state, I feel that the state should help the people, yeah, I can obviously give food to everyone.

Forum List

Back