What would you do if your child told you

I'd tell him I love him no matter what. And I'd be sad that his life will be harder and that there would be morons who don't want him to marry whom he loves.

FWIW, my son has a friend (from way back in day care... pre-K... and who he's stil friends with) who told his mother when he was 4 that he was going to marry a man. My friend said to her son, "but that would mean you wouldn't have kids". His response to her was "eh... there are lots of men and women who get married and don't have kids". She couldn't argue with the logic and that was pretty much the end of the convo...

when he pointed out nice looking boys to my husband, my son just thought it strange, but it pretty much doesn't phase any of us.

so if you don't know your kid is gay, I'm guessing you aren't really paying attention.

only a brain dead bigot thinks it's their choice.

Last edited:
That is a sad story Jillian.

The boys parents should have spanked him whenever he exhibited any homo tendencies.

Then today he would be a straight normal man with a wife and children.

Because of their failure as parents.

They have a pervert for a son and no grandchildren.

The boys parents should have spanked him whenever he exhibited any homo tendencies.

Yep...I can definitely see someone's son/daughter telling them they're gay to get that quick and easy disconnect.

... until he got older and then an entire family would have been torn apart when he finally accepted who he was.

Homosexuality is a choice. A sick choice, but still a choice

I"m not sure i agree with that anymore.

I used to think that, but that was before I had the opportunity to get to know a homosexual relative as an adult (in real life) and have some really thoughtful conversations about this specific topic.

I suspect it *can* be a choice (ie, some people put on like they are homosexual/lesbian for the attention it gets them--when they're really not homosexual/lesbian--like teenaged and young adult girls do).

On the otherhand, there *are* people who are simply just born that way.

I had a cousin I always knew was "different". Yes. Yes, he was. He was gay. And an awesome person to know and love. I was fortunate to get to know him as an adult, as he was several years older than me and already on his own and living in San Fran when I was a teenager. Sadly, he is no longer with us. He was one of the original GRID patients--diagnosed in 1982--lived until 1994. One of the very first long term survivors of AIDS, he was a medical guinea pig and his suffering helped alleviate the suffering of the current generation of long-term HIV/AIDS patients.

A dear man, you couldn't ask for better. Do I think he chose that life for himself purposely? HELL NO. He suffered nearly as much as Jesus Christ himself in the end. NOBODY would choose the life he lived. Between the Kaposi's sarcoma and the AIDS induced brain tumor that rendered him blind and helpless at the end of his life, to the wasting and loss of appetite and inability to complete projects near and dear to him before he passed, there was a lot of pain involved as well. For his parents. His partner (a dear man as well) and his sisters (my cousins).

So....no.....I don't think it is *ALWAYS* a choice. I believe it can be, but more often than not, it just isn't. It is (IMHO) a fluke of genetics that creates folks who are a little bit different than the majority. Just like lefties (left-handers like my daughter, not lefties like Obama lovers) are different than the majority and it is *genetically programmed*.

*sigh*

I know I'll have eggs thrown at me for this one.....and someone will use my dear dead cousin to bash me, but that's fine. He wouldn't mind.....he was a loving, forgiving soul. He'd just turn the other cheek and let the ass be an ass. So be it, I won't diverge from his ways on this.

Me? I'd kick ass and take names later.....but I will respect his memory by not doing so if anyone shits all over him in this thread.

Jen

Last edited:

From your last Post where You quoted Scripture, it would not be a free choice, at least in some cases, but the result of bad choices that preceded it. Paul was pretty blunt, not big on softening a message, that, as a matter of Faith, would require much humility and Humbleness, in the Target, to cope with. If One was to consider how many and how varied the act's that led to Sack Cloth and Ashes, Repentance, Reconciliation, the context, is easier to bare. From a Scriptural Perspective We are All carrying Varied Burdens, that either result in Reform or Condemnation. The message of Choosing God First in All Things, Choosing Life, Abandoning Corruption or becoming a Slave to Addiction, is Paramount, Again, and Again, and again. Bottom line applies to any vice.

Is that what happend to you? Did you learn to "live with it"? Did you learn to "like it"?
After awhile, did you act gay just for the "spanking"? Did it make you breath heavy? Instead of crying, did you go "oooooh" and "ohhhhh"? Did you "wiggle" real slow while you were getting the "spanking"? Were your pants up or down? Was it a "belt" or a "bare hand"? Did the hand caress between slaps? Does reading this bring back the "good old days"?

Man, you are a freak. To believe you could "beat" someone straight. What an idiot.

I"m not sure i agree with that anymore.

I used to think that, but that was before I had the opportunity to get to know a homosexual relative as an adult (in real life) and have some really thoughtful conversations about this specific topic.

I suspect it *can* be a choice (ie, some people put on like they are homosexual/lesbian for the attention it gets them--when they're really not homosexual/lesbian--like teenaged and young adult girls do).

On the otherhand, there *are* people who are simply just born that way.

I had a cousin I always knew was "different". Yes. Yes, he was. He was gay. And an awesome person to know and love. I was fortunate to get to know him as an adult, as he was several years older than me and already on his own and living in San Fran when I was a teenager. Sadly, he is no longer with us. He was one of the original GRID patients--diagnosed in 1982--lived until 1994. One of the very first long term survivors of AIDS, he was a medical guinea pig and his suffering helped alleviate the suffering of the current generation of long-term HIV/AIDS patients.

A dear man, you couldn't ask for better. Do I think he chose that life for himself purposely? HELL NO. He suffered nearly as much as Jesus Christ himself in the end. NOBODY would choose the life he lived. Between the Kaposi's sarcoma and the AIDS induced brain tumor that rendered him blind and helpless at the end of his life, to the wasting and loss of appetite and inability to complete projects near and dear to him before he passed, there was a lot of pain involved as well. For his parents. His partner (a dear man as well) and his sisters (my cousins).

So....no.....I don't think it is *ALWAYS* a choice. I believe it can be, but more often than not, it just isn't. It is (IMHO) a fluke of genetics that creates folks who are a little bit different than the majority. Just like lefties (left-handers like my daughter, not lefties like Obama lovers) are different than the majority and it is *genetically programmed*.

*sigh*

I know I'll have eggs thrown at me for this one.....and someone will use my dear dead cousin to bash me, but that's fine. He wouldn't mind.....he was a loving, forgiving soul. He'd just turn the other cheek and let the ass be an ass. So be it, I won't diverge from his ways on this.

Me? I'd kick ass and take names later.....but I will respect his memory by not doing so if anyone shits all over him in this thread.

Jen

So what about all the straight people who got AIDS? How does this story help them?

You have to wonder if a thoughtful approach to sex education would have saved many of these people. Without comprehensive sex education beyond "abstinence only", the only info kids get is what they imagine.
Some girls believe you can't get pregnant unless you are married.
Many children believe that AIDS is only for gays. Many younger gays believe it's a disease only older gays get.

Republicans have done a huge disservice to this country for the last eight years. This is one of their smaller screw ups.

Last edited by a moderator:

No offense, but I hope you never have children...

Kids are born gay. At least boys are in my opinion. Girls are a bit more complicated.

I wouldn't love my son any less but I still don't support gay marriage. Civil unuons yes - but marriage by definition I man and woman.

No offense, but I hope you never have children...

Why feed his posts so much? Don't you hate it when you bang your head against the wall and nobody really cares or pays attention? Yeah.

Did it make you breath heavy? Instead of crying, did you go "oooooh" and "ohhhhh"? Did you "wiggle" real slow while you were getting the "spanking"? Were your pants up or down? Was it a "belt" or a "bare hand"? Did the hand caress between slaps?
LOL!!! rdean, were you masturbating as you wrote this??? :lol:

Forum List

Back