What would you do if your child told you

I'd like to second Ravi and NB, but I can't. Finding out my child is gay would be a big shock, so I can't in all honesty say that I would feel and behave no differently.

It shouldn't come as a shock. If you're a perceptive parent, there's almost no way it can be that big of a surprise

they were gay?

Make sure they understood that I still love them very much. It's commonplace these days, a family member has a son who told her that a couple of years ago and she handled it very well.

I'm sure it takes time for people to accept it but you begin not even thinking about it after awhile.

I'd tell them to concentrate on their fucking school work and leave the thinking to the adults.

Pretty much the same thing if they told me they wanted to buy a boat, get married, have a child or hike Everest.

Though I might consider supporting the hike.

Last edited:
"Children don't get to make life-altering decisions, dear. For now you have other priorities."

they were gay?

Wash their mouths out with soap!:lol:

Honestly though, I don't know. I would be very disappointed. I do know that much. As far as anything else or feelings, I don't know.

I know all the arguments about gays being "born that way" and I don't buy into it. I still consider the gay lifestyle a personal choice. I'll most likely be blasted for my opinions but I could care less about what the gays or gay supporters feel about my attitude. When I was in the Navy, I was a Hospital Corpsman - an Independent Duty Hospital Corpsman. Quite often I was assigned to small ships that did not have a medical officer and I would have to screen health records for the people who were to be placed on the access lists that would allow them to handle nuclear weapons. It was called the Personal Reliability Program or most often known as PRP. Homosexuality was one of the reasons you could be denied access to nuclear weapons. The reason being is it was felt that homosexuality was a mental disorder. I still believe that way.

I feel bad --- for your child
How could any father even look his son in the face knowing that he has become a pervert?? :eek:
It wouldn't mean your son wanted to have sex with you, nimrod.
What parent wouldn't be disgusted and ashamed that they had failed as a parent.

To find out that your own flesh and blood has become a rapist, murderer, homosexual, or pedophile, has to be a terrible experiance for any parent.

How could any father even look his son in the face knowing that he has become a pervert?? :eek:
It wouldn't mean your son wanted to have sex with you, nimrod.
What parent wouldn't be disgusted and ashamed that they had failed as a parent.

To find out that your own flesh and blood has become a rapist, murderer, homosexual, or pedophile, has to be a terrible experiance for any parent.

or worse, a sunni man. :eek:

i'd slit my wrists

Forum List

Back