What would happen if???.

According to libturds, every business owner is a wealthy sob and needs to pay their lazy ass or it
Libturds expertise in business is running the mother fucker in the ground
They are given the option..

Pay more for your employees or close down

I would have jumped off a fucking building decades ago if I was still making min wage. If I went to college still making min wage, I'd chug aquarium cleaner
Depends on the job market
Many college kids can only work a few months or odd hours.
Limits your bargaining power

^^^ One of my most favorite restaurants has now got weird hours due to how short handed they have been which in my opinion is what should be done because that is what keeps the workers that are still there from being worked into the ground.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why are they so short handed? Its most likely due to the pandemic.

Depends on the job market
Many college kids can only work a few months or odd hours.
Limits your bargaining power
I thought you were talking about decades later.

Min wage is mostly high skewl and college wage. They need to get paid peanuts to show them they don't want to be deck swabbers forever

^^^ One of my most favorite restaurants has now got weird hours due to how short handed they have been which in my opinion is what should be done because that is what keeps the workers that are still there from being worked into the ground.

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly

P.S. Why are they so short handed? Its most likely due to the pandemic.
Most have switched careers. The hrs stink, Pay is low. Dealing with the public. All service jobs have taken a kit. Time to let 13 yr olds enter the work force, bus tables and wash dirty dishes

Most have switched careers. The hrs stink, Pay is low. Dealing with the public. All service jobs have taken a kit. Time to let 13 yr olds enter the work force, bus tables and wash dirty dishes
Workers have said…Fuk it, I’m not putting up with your low pay and lousy working conditions

Employers haven’t figured out that they are not calling the shots anymore

13 may be considered too young. The youngest, at least here in Tennessee, may be 16. I do know that if 15 year old people are hired, they can only do as many as 18 hours a week, those hours have to fall between 7AM and 7PM, and they are not allowed to do any of the kitchen positions until they are 16.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

What I am seeing is business only opening eight hours a day, five days a week

You would think economic pressures would cause them to increase pay and benefits to get the best employees.

How much do you lose being closed for two days?
All you are doing is allowing big companies to destroy the middle class and you know it. They should create a "Communist" forum and you could post there.

But what would happen if……low wage workers decided they don’t want those terms anymore and employers couldn’t fill the shifts they have?

Likely they'd get offered more in wages.

Instead, employers would rather close down than offer higher wages
Some would have to, depending on how much workers were willing to settle for.

Workers have said…Fuk it, I’m not putting up with your low pay and lousy working conditions

The big employers are calling the shots. That is why this minimum wage crap started. This borders on fascism as business works with government for profit. Not to mention them all following the narrative and shoving in down our throats.

I’m just asking is it worth it to shut down instead of paying a competitive wage?
LOL - you make it sound like they'd close down out of resentment. Seriously??

They'd close because they couldn't make a profit.

If they have to close down, their calling the shots

Do you think they are closing down because they don't want to

Some people think breaking even is more than an owner deserves

You're getting dumber, rw. Are you really oblivious to the extended unemployment benefits and how they've impacted the market? Once they're overwith, things will go back to the way they were. What makes you think that's changed?

LOL - you make it sound like they'd close down out of resentment. Seriously??

They'd close because they couldn't make a profit.

Well then let’s crunch the numbers
Say you are paying $10 an hour and need to pay $15 to attract good workers

For a staff of four, that is an extra $160 a day in wages

Are you saying a days profit will not cover $160??

Forum List

Back