What We Now Know About The Men Who Led The Impeachment Of Clinton

Because they did not sexually harass their subordinates.

They didn't? How odd, do you find a teacher's student or an aide to be something more than a subordinate?

INteresting. YOu seem to see no difference between sexual relationship and sexual harassment.

Oh I do, and those lines are not a dichotomy.

Oh, so are you claiming that Newt harassed his mistress, or that Bill did not harass Paul JOnes?

Not necessarily, I'd need to interview the mistress. But anyone in a position of power who engages in sexual activities with another, not of equal power, may violate the law which defines sexual harassment.

Clinton's behavior with Paul Jones and Monica Lewinsky was clearly an example of sexual harassment. That said the only harm (tort) was when both of these women were used by the media and pols for their benefit.

It's not as if this type of behavior is not ubiqutous, men cheat and some women find men in power to be an object of attention. That does not excuse the men who chase skirts, but let's not pretend Bill Clinton is the exception.

Keep in mind, Quid pro Quo can be a two way street.

"May violate" is not the equal of "clearly an example of sexual harassment".

And I will go so far as to disagree with the law. Just because there is a power inequity does not mean the relationship is harassment.

THus, the thread is a fail. Libs want to pretend the Impeachment was about sex, when it was about sexual harassment and the coverup.

newt-816x537.jpg

Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) led the push for Bill Clinton’s impeachment. Following a disappointing election in November 1998, he announced he was stepping down as Speaker and resigning from Congress.

Gingrich later admitted that, while he was pushing for Clinton’s impeachment, he wasengaged in an affair with a Congressional aide. “There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them,” Gingrich said in 2007. He later said the situation was “complex and, obviously, I wasn’t doing things to be proud of.”

bob-livingston-newt-gingrichjpg-a8b9bf2be71e4c28-638x497.jpg

After Gingrich announced his resignation, Republicans unanimously selected Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA) to succeed him. Livingston represented the party as Speaker-elect in the led up to the impeachment vote.

On the day of the impeachment vote, Livingston announced he was resigning following revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair. According to Hustler Magazine Publisher Larry Flint, who offered a reward for information about the sex lives of members of Congress, he “found four women who said they had been involved with Mr. Livingston over the last 10 years.”

hastert-638x459.jpg

Following Livingston’s resignation, which occurred on the same day the House voted on impeachment, Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) quickly gained support of the Republican leadership to succeed him as Speaker-designate. He began formally serving as speaker in January 1999, and held that role while the Senate conducted their trial on the articles of impeachment.

On Thursday, Hastert was indicted on charges that he illegally structured $1.7 million in payments to an individual in an attempt to cover up prior misconduct. According to reports, the payments were allegedly intended to “conceal sexual abuse against a former male student he knew during his days as a teacher in Yorkville, Ill.” The LA Times also reported that “investigators also spoke with a second man who raised similar allegations that corroborated what the former student said.”

What do they say about glass houses?

Two out of three of them resigned from the speaker ship and the House.

They spent 70+ million investigating White Water, but found nothing. So they went phishing for a perjury trap.

Meanwhile we heard nothing from Gingrich or the Republican senate on Bin Laden. Can you imagine if they took all the energy, resources, money and time invested into Lewinsky and shifted it to things like Al Qaeda and subprimes?

Their only concern was injuring Clinton politically. They showed no interest in confronting larger problems.

I could not agree more. "Country First" is a slogan without substance, the only thing the Republicans want is power and control. The R's have no plans for the future, or if they do they don't want the voters to know them. They are all about assassinationg the character of Democratic candidates and using kackneyed wedge issues, false pathos and empty promises to win elections. Then, they do exactly what they claim the Democrats are doing, they lead from behind and engage in crony capitalism.

Consider one critical issue. A few months before Bush &Co. took office in Jan. 2001 Cole was attacked by Islamic Terrorists. One would think that would be Bush & Co. on their toes, and yet they were caught flat footed on Sept 11th.

Flat footed in all but one area, they had wanted a reason to engage Saddam in Iraq and then they had one. Not only could they dispose of Saddam, but they could enrich Haliburton for Cheney and have Iraqi oil for the American Oil Cartel.

The rest is history, history the current crop of R's seeking high office are working so very hard to rewrite.

What did Clinton do about the attack on the USS Cole? NOTHING! We did hear a lot about Saddam from the Democrats. Here are just three of dozens that commented on Saddam, but not a word about OBL.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) led the push for Bill Clinton’s impeachment. Following a disappointing election in November 1998, he announced he was stepping down as Speaker and resigning from Congress.

Gingrich later admitted that, while he was pushing for Clinton’s impeachment, he wasengaged in an affair with a Congressional aide. “There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them,” Gingrich said in 2007. He later said the situation was “complex and, obviously, I wasn’t doing things to be proud of.”

After Gingrich announced his resignation, Republicans unanimously selected Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA) to succeed him. Livingston represented the party as Speaker-elect in the led up to the impeachment vote.

On the day of the impeachment vote, Livingston announced he was resigning following revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair. According to Hustler Magazine Publisher Larry Flint, who offered a reward for information about the sex lives of members of Congress, he “found four women who said they had been involved with Mr. Livingston over the last 10 years.”

hastert-638x459.jpg

Following Livingston’s resignation, which occurred on the same day the House voted on impeachment, Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) quickly gained support of the Republican leadership to succeed him as Speaker-designate. He began formally serving as speaker in January 1999, and held that role while the Senate conducted their trial on the articles of impeachment.

On Thursday, Hastert was indicted on charges that he illegally structured $1.7 million in payments to an individual in an attempt to cover up prior misconduct. According to reports, the payments were allegedly intended to “conceal sexual abuse against a former male student he knew during his days as a teacher in Yorkville, Ill.” The LA Times also reported that “investigators also spoke with a second man who raised similar allegations that corroborated what the former student said.”

What on Earth does this have to does with Clinton committing perjury?
Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Newt wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Livingston wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Hastert wasn't?

Do you think Gingrich or Livingston of Hastert would have told the truth under oath?

YES!

What we know about the OP and his fellow clown-faced Progs: They are sheer and utter loons.

The end.

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Newt wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Livingston wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Hastert wasn't?

Do you think Gingrich or Livingston of Hastert would have told the truth under oath?

YES!

This is why asking is frivolous because ppl like too tall will SAY anything. But if this was Vegas too tall would know better than to put his money on those odds

Newt did not LIE about it (while under oath) to Congress.
Newt did not have a special prosecutor assigned to dog him about his sex life, either. Nor did Livingston. Nor did Hastert.

How do you think those three would have fared under oath? Would Denny have fessed up about molesting a boy?

How about we talk about what did happen instead of what could have happened? Clinton committed perjury, there's no disputing that fact. The senate should have removed him.

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

Yes, now prove me wrong.

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

YES!

This is why asking is frivolous because ppl like too tall will SAY anything. But if this was Vegas too tall would know better than to put his money on those odds

I would bet ON Gingrich and Livinston to tell the truth. Hastert, 50/50. Clinton, no bet on a pathological liar.

newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

Will history repeat itself here with conservative Republicans who fear question Christine Ford themselves, get found out to be far too much like Kavanaugh?

Forum List

Back