What We Now Know About The Men Who Led The Impeachment Of Clinton

newt-816x537.jpg

Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) led the push for Bill Clinton’s impeachment. Following a disappointing election in November 1998, he announced he was stepping down as Speaker and resigning from Congress.

Gingrich later admitted that, while he was pushing for Clinton’s impeachment, he wasengaged in an affair with a Congressional aide. “There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them,” Gingrich said in 2007. He later said the situation was “complex and, obviously, I wasn’t doing things to be proud of.”

bob-livingston-newt-gingrichjpg-a8b9bf2be71e4c28-638x497.jpg

After Gingrich announced his resignation, Republicans unanimously selected Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA) to succeed him. Livingston represented the party as Speaker-elect in the led up to the impeachment vote.

On the day of the impeachment vote, Livingston announced he was resigning following revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair. According to Hustler Magazine Publisher Larry Flint, who offered a reward for information about the sex lives of members of Congress, he “found four women who said they had been involved with Mr. Livingston over the last 10 years.”

hastert-638x459.jpg

Following Livingston’s resignation, which occurred on the same day the House voted on impeachment, Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) quickly gained support of the Republican leadership to succeed him as Speaker-designate. He began formally serving as speaker in January 1999, and held that role while the Senate conducted their trial on the articles of impeachment.

On Thursday, Hastert was indicted on charges that he illegally structured $1.7 million in payments to an individual in an attempt to cover up prior misconduct. According to reports, the payments were allegedly intended to “conceal sexual abuse against a former male student he knew during his days as a teacher in Yorkville, Ill.” The LA Times also reported that “investigators also spoke with a second man who raised similar allegations that corroborated what the former student said.”

What do they say about glass houses?

Clinton still did not have sexual relations with that woman!! lol The stain shows that he missed..

Greg

Newt did not LIE about it (while under oath) to Congress.
Newt did not have a special prosecutor assigned to dog him about his sex life, either. Nor did Livingston. Nor did Hastert.

How do you think those three would have fared under oath? Would Denny have fessed up about molesting a boy?

What if my Aunt had testicles? I guess that would make her my uncle?

Your points are irrelevant... Clinton committed perjury. He doesn't get to pick and choose what he tells the truth about while under oath.

But the special assholes who were cheating on their wives get to decide if they are going to put another cheater under oath. They are the ones who put Clinton on the spot when they themselves were committing the same infidelities, and in one case maybe much worse.

It's the worst kind of hypocrisy.

I think CC likes getting his ass kicked,strange way to be ,but what would explain the constant thread fails.

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) led the push for Bill Clinton’s impeachment. Following a disappointing election in November 1998, he announced he was stepping down as Speaker and resigning from Congress.

Gingrich later admitted that, while he was pushing for Clinton’s impeachment, he wasengaged in an affair with a Congressional aide. “There were times when I was praying and when I felt I was doing things that were wrong. But I was still doing them,” Gingrich said in 2007. He later said the situation was “complex and, obviously, I wasn’t doing things to be proud of.”

After Gingrich announced his resignation, Republicans unanimously selected Rep. Bob Livingston (R-LA) to succeed him. Livingston represented the party as Speaker-elect in the led up to the impeachment vote.

On the day of the impeachment vote, Livingston announced he was resigning following revelations that he had engaged in an extramarital affair. According to Hustler Magazine Publisher Larry Flint, who offered a reward for information about the sex lives of members of Congress, he “found four women who said they had been involved with Mr. Livingston over the last 10 years.”

hastert-638x459.jpg

Following Livingston’s resignation, which occurred on the same day the House voted on impeachment, Rep. Dennis Hastert (R-IL) quickly gained support of the Republican leadership to succeed him as Speaker-designate. He began formally serving as speaker in January 1999, and held that role while the Senate conducted their trial on the articles of impeachment.

On Thursday, Hastert was indicted on charges that he illegally structured $1.7 million in payments to an individual in an attempt to cover up prior misconduct. According to reports, the payments were allegedly intended to “conceal sexual abuse against a former male student he knew during his days as a teacher in Yorkville, Ill.” The LA Times also reported that “investigators also spoke with a second man who raised similar allegations that corroborated what the former student said.”

What on Earth does this have to does with Clinton committing perjury?
Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Newt wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Livingston wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Hastert wasn't?

Do you think Gingrich or Livingston of Hastert would have told the truth under oath?

If they didn't they could always claim the Clinton defense. It worked for him!!

Greg

Newt did not have a special prosecutor assigned to dog him about his sex life, either. Nor did Livingston. Nor did Hastert.

How do you think those three would have fared under oath? Would Denny have fessed up about molesting a boy?

Your points are irrelevant... Clinton committed perjury. He doesn't get to pick and choose what he tells the truth about while under oath.

But the special assholes who were cheating on their wives get to decide if they are going to put another cheater under oath. They are the ones who put Clinton on the spot when they themselves were committing the same infidelities, and in one case maybe much worse.

Did Paula Jones have the Right to have the information that Bill Clinton had a pattern of sexual advances toward subordinates in her trial?

Yet they committed no crimes,all he had to do was tell the truth,it all came out anyways,just as all lies do.
Well your pegging the H meter yourself

Ok, I'll grant you that one... but still, it is irrelevant in a legal sense. Clinton committed perjury.

The difference: I won't be voting for anyone named Hassert, Gingrich or Livingston in 2016. How many a-holes will be voting for someone named Clinton?

I'm sure there are prosecutors all over this great land that are complete scumbags... it doesn't mean you can lie under oath.

Can you say.... "Mike Nifong"?

Larry Craig, Denny Hastert, Tom Foley......apparently it was just that they were pissed at Clinton for not being gay.

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Newt wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Livingston wasn't? Why was Clinton dogged under oath about his sex life and Hastert wasn't?

Do you think Gingrich or Livingston of Hastert would have told the truth under oath?

Because they did not sexually harass their subordinates.

They didn't? How odd, do you find a teacher's student or an aide to be something more than a subordinate?

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

They didn't? How odd, do you find a teacher's student or an aide to be something more than a subordinate?

INteresting. YOu seem to see no difference between sexual relationship and sexual harassment.

Wow, this is timely...
newt-816x537.jpg

hastert-638x459.jpg

INteresting. YOu seem to see no difference between sexual relationship and sexual harassment.

They're libs.. they hate women and minorities... that is well documented.

Yeah, kinda like being a serial sex offender then signing the 1994 Crime Act which contained a provision specifically called the Violence Against Women Act.

:lol:

In fact a number of mortal sins; see these Commandments:
  • You shall not commit adultery
  • You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
  • “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s including your students ass.
bullet point #2 is violated by a number of those posting above.

Wow, this is timely...

They're libs.. they hate women and minorities... that is well documented.

Cool, real evidence. Posted the documented evidence! NOT!

Last edited:
This is one of those threads where cons list every difference they can muster and ignore any similarities outright lol
They still can't get over how popular and successful a President he was.

Oh, we're over it... and yes, he was popular and he had some successes. Hell, I voted for him over Dole.

FYI... we didn't start this thread.. it was started by a lefty whining about something that happened 20 years ago.

Forum List

Back