What We Do For Our Kids

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
This morning I woke around 4:45am. Showered, ran out and got the paper. Read it. Done with all about 5:45, wanted to leave the house by about 6. Figured I could get online and read headlines, since the paper was printed.

Wrongo! Email from youngest waiting.
I wanna see this. It's the Musical RENT! You told me you'd take me to see one just like you took Kendall. I am attaching the link so you can check it out. The dates for the show are April 5th - 15th. I can prolly see it the 8th or 15th. Let me know what you think.
LINK
Hopefully you'll be interested in going. And let's dicuss spring break plans sometime this weekend Thanks mom, bye
Love,
Derek

Discussing Spring Break means me giving up my car so he can visit his girlfriend. Not going to happen.

The musical did, I'm $170 poorer. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
This morning I woke around 4:45am. Showered, ran out and got the paper. Read it. Done with all about 5:45, wanted to leave the house by about 6. Figured I could get online and read headlines, since the paper was printed.

Wrongo! Email from youngest waiting.

Discussing Spring Break means me giving up my car so he can visit his girlfriend. Not going to happen.

The musical did, I'm $170 poorer. :laugh:

I have my son's photo printed on my checks, reminding me every time I write one, that it is likely being spent on him...
RENT...i never liked that show. it was so depressing. I liked Team America's spoof of it...LEASE... lol...

c'mon, sing along: "AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! Everyone has AIDS!"

fuzzykitten99 said:
I have my son's photo printed on my checks, reminding me every time I write one, that it is likely being spent on him...
RENT...i never liked that show. it was so depressing. I liked Team America's spoof of it...LEASE... lol...

c'mon, sing along: "AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! AIDS! Everyone has AIDS!"
:laugh: I loved Team America. Now as you can see, my son is a bit older and 'concerned' about those others. We'll see the musical and argue over dinner. I figure, 'wait 10 years' or less. :laugh: He's really smart, but wants to be his own 'man.'

Kathianne said:
:laugh: I loved Team America. Now as you can see, my son is a bit older and 'concerned' about those others. We'll see the musical and argue over dinner. I figure, 'wait 10 years' or less. :laugh: He's really smart, but wants to be his own 'man.'
i was like that at his age...wanted to save the world, didn't care nearly as much for myself (or family) as I did people I wasn't related to or never even met. That changed not long after I got married. Probably when I got pregnant with Nathan.

Now, it's the other way around. I care about myself more because I have the desire to be there for my kids' every moment that I can, so I take care of myself better.

I care so much about my family's happiness, and love to see them smile and be happy and content, but not to the point where I am not because I sacrifice too much.

I have gone to church, hair & make-up done, wearing black pants, a nice sweater, and a lurid wooden-bead-and-painted-macaroni necklace. :D

mom4 said:
I have gone to church, hair & make-up done, wearing black pants, a nice sweater, and a lurid wooden-bead-and-painted-macaroni necklace. :D
Oh, let me tell you about the 'scarf' I was given one Mother's Day. Ehgads! But I wore it, with the little darlin beside herself with joy!

mom4 said:

I forgot to take the make-up off once, after a "make-over". Neighbour pointing and laughing. Not nice!

Said1 said:
I forgot to take the make-up off once, after a "make-over". Neighbour pointing and laughing. Not nice!
My second grader had a school project. She had to write a "book" on any subject. Her topic? My hair. She had my head weighted down with masses of barrettes in various configurations, took photos, and put them together in a "book."

mom4 said:
My second grader had a school project. She had to write a "book" on any subject. Her topic? My hair. She had my head weighted down with masses of barrettes in various configurations, took photos, and put them together in a "book."

Adorable! :cof:

Forum List

Back