CDZ What was the world like when guns did not exist?

and then check out the widdle baby toddlers that drown in 5 gallon buckets half filled with liquid Alang .
My point was that guns don't always make your world safer, sometimes they have just the opposite effect. Cars and 5 gallon buckets are not deadly by design.

They don't have Constitutional protections either. :rolleyes:
And yet no one has even tried to confiscate them. Go figure.

People get pretty jacked out of shape when you try to take their car or truck. I see your point.

To answer your original question, people died from infections, flu and loose bowels.

and a gun owners safety is up to him , doesn't matter what non gun owners think about the gun owners safety Alang .

Oh, and people generally hung themselves versus using a gun like the majority of gun related deaths are today.

Considerable Googling suggests there were lot less mass shootings...which kind of proves that less guns means less mass shootings.

And yet people are using bombs, vans, trucks, poisons, etc. just as effectively as guns.

What difference does it make how someone manages to kill you? What matters is that you have a firearm and can minimize the chances that someone will try to harm or kill you.

Take the crazy people out of society, not the tools of Liberty.

and a gun owners safety is up to him , doesn't matter what non gun owners think about the gun owners safety Alang .
Do you think that seat belts and air bags in cars are bad ideas? How about speed limits and car inspections?

Inspections are just a way for the state to take more of your money.
And seat bells are fine just don't force anyone to wear them.

Same goes for motorcycle helmets

Do you think that seat belts and air bags in cars are bad ideas? How about speed limits and car inspections?
------------------------------------------- a persons personal safety in his home or concealed carrying a gun is his business . Got nothing to do with seat belts or speed limits Alang .

I think it is fairly obvious that at one point in human history, guns did not exist anywhere on the planet....and according to anti gun extremists, this led to a world that was full of peace, and joy and harmony.

I disagree......I think if you actually look at history, when guns did not exist, the strong raped, robbed, murdered and enslaved the weak...who pretty much had to take it......that professional sword swingers controlled the world....owned the slaves and pretty much ruled by the Might Makes Right rule....

I think that guns were a gift.....that they have allowed freedom to spread across the world, and have allowed normal, good people, to devote their lives to their own pursuits, while allowing them the ability to protect themselves without having to devote their lives to martial skills.....

So....was history before guns existed peace, joy and harmony...... or was it more brutal than it is today...?
My guess most of the time it was more brutal than today.At least thru recorded history! IDk what in the non recorded part but likely even more brutal.

Inspections are just a way for the state to take more of your money.
And seat bells are fine just don't force anyone to wear them.

Same goes for motorcycle helmets
I like knowing that the car behind me has had his brakes checked within the last year or so. I get the same feeling when I see a cop with a gun since I know the cop has been through a least a bit of training and knows (in theory) how and when to use that gun. I don't get that feeling when I see someone openly carrying a gun since I know nothing about him or his training.

As for seat belts, as an adult you should get to decide their use but your minor passengers should not get that choice.

I agree with seat belts and helmets being optional for adults but you should pay a premium for your health care since any accident you get into will be significantly more serious and I shouldn't have to pay for your risky behavior. If you don't have health care I'd just leave you by the side of the road.

------------------------------------------- a persons personal safety in his home or concealed carrying a gun is his business . Got nothing to do with seat belts or speed limits Alang .
Seat belts and speed limits make driving safer, both for driver and innocent bystanders and don't significantly impact car use. You don't think making guns and gun use safer is a worthy goal?

who cares what YOU like ?? its a totally different thing and keep in mind that Safety Inspections are not required in all states Alang .

Seat belts and speed limits make driving safer, both for driver and innocent bystanders and don't significantly impact car use. You don't think making guns and gun use safer is a worthy goal?
Depends on how you plan to acheive that goal.

I think it is fairly obvious that at one point in human history, guns did not exist anywhere on the planet....and according to anti gun extremists, this led to a world that was full of peace, and joy and harmony.

I disagree......I think if you actually look at history, when guns did not exist, the strong raped, robbed, murdered and enslaved the weak...who pretty much had to take it......that professional sword swingers controlled the world....owned the slaves and pretty much ruled by the Might Makes Right rule....

I think that guns were a gift.....that they have allowed freedom to spread across the world, and have allowed normal, good people, to devote their lives to their own pursuits, while allowing them the ability to protect themselves without having to devote their lives to martial skills.....

So....was history before guns existed peace, joy and harmony...... or was it more brutal than it is today...?
What did occur is a major shift in the depth of war.
Until rifles, you fought hand to hand, killing each other. But at some point you couldn't lift your arm anymore and the battle stopped. Not so anymore.

None of which are applicable unless you drive the car on a publicly funded roadway. So THIS IS YOUR ARGUMENT.

Guns should not be subject to registration or regulation unless used at a publicly funded shooting range.

On that we do agree.

Guns should not be subject to registration or regulation unless used at a publicly funded shooting range.

On that we do agree.
We do not agree. ALL guns need registration and regulation since they can all be taken off your private property and into the general public space.

Forum List

Back