CDZ What was the world like when guns did not exist?

Everyone has the absolute right to defend their own life with the best tool available and that tool at least right now is a firearm
What you believe matters not

As it stands the right to keep an bear arms is the law of the land

Saying you don't believe people should own firearms is no different that you saying you don't believe it should be illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor

It matters not

You understand that our Governments powers are not always Superior to it's peoples, right?
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Sorry, but I don't believe you have a God-given right to drive a car or own a gun.

Dipshit, I obey the law and still am able to keep cars without license or registration.

You made an argument that guns should be treated equally to cars, and I demonstrated, not only that they are, but guns are treated MUCH MORE HARSHLY than cars.

For the love of God, save yourself and drop the stupidity.
It seems unlikely that operating a vehicle on your own property puts your neighbors in jeopardy. The same can't be said of discharging a gun on your property.

Probably true but it does increase the likelihood of an accident.

Really?

How much?
More than zero. How much risk is too much?
So you want a zero risk world?

You better check into the nearest loony bin because you are delusional.

You have far more risk of dying in a fall than getting accidentally shot by a person with a concealed carry permit

Maybe you should order a bubble wrap suit of armor from Amazon

You understand that our Governments powers are not always Superior to it's peoples, right?
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Sorry, but I don't believe you have a God-given right to drive a car or own a gun.

Dipshit, I obey the law and still am able to keep cars without license or registration.

You made an argument that guns should be treated equally to cars, and I demonstrated, not only that they are, but guns are treated MUCH MORE HARSHLY than cars.

It seems unlikely that operating a vehicle on your own property puts your neighbors in jeopardy. The same can't be said of discharging a gun on your property.
You do not have the right to discharge a gun on your own property. In fact there are many many municipal laws that forbid the firing of gun within a specified distance of any residences.

The right to keep and bear is not a right to shoot a gun anywhere

So, what keeps you up at night is the odds that a accidental shot from neighboring property might hit you?

Let me put your head to rest.

The odds of that happening, on any given day is 1.55 in 327,000,000.

Actually, the odds of being killed in a car accident due to texting, on any given day is 16 in 327,000,000 (damn, I shouldn't have said that cuz now the lil fella won't sleep for months)

Sorry, my bad.

'More than zero' is NOT zero. If you have such a good case to make why do you have have to be dishonest?

if more than zero is not acceptable to you then yes you want a zero risk world

I asked you how much the risk increases with concealed carry

You said "More than zero"

Which implies that more than zero is unacceptable to you

'More than zero' is NOT zero. If you have such a good case to make why do you have have to be dishonest?

Do you think there is a zero chance of an accident if you carry a gun? If you admit the chance of an accident is more than zero are you implying that more than zero is unacceptable to you?

Poll Taxes on voting are not allowed, Poll Taxes on owning and carrying a gun are also not allowed.

Explain the purpose of registration of guns.......
Like voter registration, it would insure only those entitled to exercise their right are so enabled.

No....we can already do that.... if you are carrying a gun and are stopped by police, when they run your drivers license they will know if you have a criminal record or any warrants......if you do, and you have a gun, you are arrested.... We don't need any new paperwork do to that, we can do that right now.

Registration for gun ownership is the precursor to gun banning and confiscation....we know this from Britain, Germany, Canada, Australia, New York, California....so registration for the exercise of a Right is a non starter just on that basis.... then throw in the fact we don't need it and it doesn't even help solve crimes, and it is even more unnecessary.

Concealed carry does not increase the likelihood of crime
Probably true but it does increase the likelihood of an accident.

No...it doesn't....as actual history and experience shows...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...

The Truth...from the CDC, WISQARS data site...

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Gun.....495

Car.......38,748

Here is the record as more Americans now own and carry guns....over 17 million people now have permits to carry guns and the record shows your belief about gun accidents isn't true...From the CDC...

ttps://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/leading_causes_death.html

2016 495
2015...489http://webappa.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

2013 ..... 505
2012 ..... 548
2011 ..... 591
2010 ..... 606
2009 ..... 554
2008 ..... 592
2007..... 613
2006..... 642
2005 ..... 789
2004 ..... 649
2003 ..... 730
2002 ..... 762
2001 ..... 802
2000 ..... 776
1999 ..... 824
non Fatal gun accidents....
WISQARS Nonfatal Injury Reports
Non fatal gun injury stats from 1999......

Nonfatal and Fatal Firearm-Related Injuries -- United States, 1993-1997
CDC non fatal gun accident.....

1993... 104,390
1994... 89,744
1995... 84,322
1996... 69,649
1997... 64,207
2001.... 17,696

2002... 17,579

2003... 18,941

2004... 16,555

2005... 15,388

2006... 14,678

2007... 15,698

2008... 17,215

2009... 18,610

2010... 14,161

2011... 14,675

2012... 17,362

2013... 16,864

2014..... 15,928

Saying you don't believe people should own firearms...

It matters not
I don't recall ever saying that so please don't make stuff up. You may equate registration with confiscation but I don't.

You don't equate registration with confiscation because you choose not to believe actual events...... gun registration leads to gun confiscation....it has happened all over the world and in various cities and states here...so you may choose not to believe it, but that doesn't make it un true...it makes you foolish.

Re the thread topic, they had some really nasty crossbow quarrel designs, same with war bows and arrowheads in general. I'd rather get shot by a firearm than many of those, seriously. And there were pikes of all kinds, swords, all kinds of truly vicious weapons, and lots of infections in wounds. Ditto for them, I'd rather get shot than hacked to death. Firearms are more humane than the 'good old days' and the savagery.

. You may equate registration with confiscation but I don't.

I don't either, but that doesn't mean they aren't collecting the info and then it never being used for that reason. What's the point of registering, since no crook is going to do so, only law-abiding citizens, so it's a pointless exercise in pandering to dumbass airheads, a bad precedent all by itself regardless of the issue in question.

On the other hand I also think that it's perfectly fine in current times for states to require passing a safety course in order to buy one; not many people grow up in rural areas any more and thus been around them much and used them often enough to handle them appropriately. And I'm fine with gun owners having to retest every so often as well.

And, as an agnostic, I agree we don't have 'God given rights', nor do I believe in the 'Natural Rightess' rubbish, but given the record of firearms ownership in the U.S., and the hundreds of millions of them legally in private hands, there is little reason to be concerned about them at all that requires yet more pointless legislation just to appease some idiot drug addled hippies and Snowflake neurotics from Manhattan or some other safe space bubble in the Burbs.

Police response times where I live is around 25 minutes, at its best, so we all own firearms out here, and my wife has always owned them, she's a better shot than me as well, so I get assigned the shotgun and she gets the good gear. It matters not one iota out here whether their guns are 'legal' or not, they're going to have them regardless, so unless one wants to devote massive amounts of govt. time and money to harass perfectly fine citizens rather than use the time and money to much better effect sweeping the ghetto rats out of the Hoods every month or so, and keeping them out, just forget stupid crap like more regulations that aren't going to increase anybody's security one iota.

Last edited:

Do you think there is a zero chance of an accident if you carry a gun? If you admit the chance of an accident is more than zero are you implying that more than zero is unacceptable to you?

the odds are 1.55 in 327,000,000 per day

the odds in dying in a car accident by someone texting is 16 in 327,000,000 per day

if you continue to drive or ride in a car, then you are being an idiot by implying that accidental gunshots are an actual concern. Get it now?

You are being disingenuous.

Forum List

Back