What was all the suffering of Jesus for?

The problem with man just asking for forgiveness is that man doesn't even know what to ask forgiveness for.

on the other hand the christians say that's what they learned when they ate the apple as though everyone would have done the same, no they still do not know what to be forgiven for and never will. till they throw down the bible and learn the truth.

It's Jesus girl, Mudda, and not quite. Jesus made it possible for your sins to be forgiven. Mocking Him is much different than accepting Him as your savior. And yes your hatred of Him was paid for on the cross. He loves you that much. Here's hoping some day you realize it.

The problem with man just asking for forgiveness is that man doesn't even know what to ask forgiveness for.

on the other hand the christians say that's what they learned when they ate the apple as though everyone would have done the same, no they still do not know what to be forgiven for and never will. till they throw down the bible and learn the truth.

Without the Bible you wouldn't know about Eden or an apple. You use the Bible to promote your own religion. Christians rely on the Holy Spirit to discern their sin:

Romans 8:26 In the same way the Spirit also joins to help in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings.

I remember in the movie, "The Empire Strikes Back", when Darth Vader says to Luke Skywalker, "Search your feelings Luke, you know it to be true".

We are all born into this world with a degree of light and truth.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:2
2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;

John 1:9
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

This is the Light of Christ. When we do things against this light, God withdraws the light. If we do things that are in harmony with this light, God gives us more light and truth. If we were to follow the light of our conscience and listen to this spirit, we would make right choices. Thus we should search our feelings and pray to know and follow after light and truth. It can be a trial and error process sometimes but it will lead us unto God. The more truth we receive and obey, the more God is willing to give us.

John 3:21
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Proverbs 4:18
18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Luke 11:36
36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

Doctrine and Covenants 88:67
67 And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things.

When Moses came down from the mountain where he visited with the Lord, his face did shine with light.

Exodus 34:30
30 And when Aaron and all the children of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone; and they were afraid to come nigh him.

Exodus 34:35
35 And the children of Israel saw the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses’ face shone: and Moses put the veil upon his face again, until he went in to speak with him.

We can acquire more and more light and truth from the Lord as we follow after him and do his will. By studying his words, obeying his commandments, praying often, and entering into the waters of baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost we receive more light and truth. The gift of the Holy Ghost is a key to receiving greater light and knowledge from the Lord. It is free to the repent soul and can be obtained from another who holds the authority to confer the gift. One only needs to be humble and seek after these things.

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 10:45
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 15:13
13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Your heart can truly feel the joy and peace through the power of the Holy Ghost and know of a surety that God lives and Jesus is the Christ. God not only speaks to our minds but also to our hearts and gives us assurance that he lives and is real. The path to God is first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Second, repentance of sin by confessing and forsaking them before the Lord. Third, receiving baptism by immersion in water by one having authority to baptize for the remission of your sins. Fourth, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands of those having authority from God to do so. When you have done this, you have entered into the strait and narrow path. If you endure to the end by repenting of any misdeeds and seeking after the Holy Spirit, you can eventually be saved into the kingdom of heaven.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:1-29
1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
2 And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;
3 And that I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—
4 The Father because he gave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.
5 I was in the world and received of my Father, and the works of him were plainly manifest.
6 And John saw and bore record of the fulness of my glory, and the fulness of John’s record is hereafter to be revealed.
7 And he bore record, saying: I saw his glory, that he was in the beginning, before the world was;
8 Therefore, in the beginning the Word was, for he was the Word, even the messenger of salvation—
9 The light and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.
10 The worlds were made by him; men were made by him; all things were made by him, and through him, and of him.
11 And I, John, bear record that I beheld his glory, as the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth, even the Spirit of truth, which came and dwelt in the flesh, and dwelt among us.
12 And I, John, saw that he received not of the fulness at the first, but received grace for grace;
13 And he received not of the fulness at first, but continued from grace to grace, until he received a fulness;
14 And thus he was called the Son of God, because he received not of the fulness at the first.
15 And I, John, bear record, and lo, the heavens were opened, and the Holy Ghost descended upon him in the form of a dove, and sat upon him, and there came a voice out of heaven saying: This is my beloved Son.
16 And I, John, bear record that he received a fulness of the glory of the Father;
17 And he received all power, both in heaven and on earth, and the glory of the Father was with him, for he dwelt in him.
18 And it shall come to pass, that if you are faithful you shall receive the fulness of the record of John.
19 I give unto you these sayings that you may understand and know how to worship, and know what you worship, that you may come unto the Father in my name, and in due time receive of his fulness.
20 For if you keep my commandments you shall receive of his fulness, and be glorified in me as I am in the Father; therefore, I say unto you, you shall receive grace for grace.
21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn;
22 And all those who are begotten through me are partakers of the glory of the same, and are the church of the Firstborn.
23 Ye were also in the beginning with the Father; that which is Spirit, even the Spirit of truth;
24 And truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
25 And whatsoever is more or less than this is the spirit of that wicked one who was a liar from the beginning.
26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.
31 Behold, here is the agency of man, and here is the condemnation of man; because that which was from the beginning is plainly manifest unto them, and they receive not the light.
32 And every man whose spirit receiveth not the light is under condemnation.
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;
34 And when separated, man cannot receive a fulness of joy.
35 The elements are the tabernacle of God; yea, man is the tabernacle of God, even temples; and whatsoever temple is defiled, God shall destroy that temple.
36 The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.
37 Light and truth forsake that evil one.
38 Every spirit of man was innocent in the beginning; and God having redeemed man from the fall, men became again, in their infant state, innocent before God.
39 And that wicked one cometh and taketh away light and truth, through disobedience, from the children of men, and because of the tradition of their fathers.

So we are to seek after light and truth through following the spirit of truth. We are also to study and pray often to know what God has already revealed. By learning and following his commandments, we will have more light and truth within us as we gradually receive line upon line and precept upon precept, here a little and there a little until we eventually come to a fullness of truth.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Without the Bible you wouldn't know about Eden or an apple. You use the Bible to promote your own religion. Christians rely on the Holy Spirit to discern their sin:

Romans 8:26 In the same way the Spirit also joins to help in our weakness, because we do not know what to pray for as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with unspoken groanings.
Without the Bible you wouldn't know about Eden or an apple.

the bible's scriptures are derived from the spoken religions of the time that simply are conformed to accentuate predestined conclusions being prescribed by certain individuals, rather than the intended truth.

Forum List

Back