What top three states in usa are the safest

I don't know how you do it. It was 65 degrees this morning and I had a light jacket on. I bet guns won't fire in Maine during the winter because it's too cold. :lol:

Here's a real safe city in Arkansas just south of Little Rock. :thup:

Pine Bluff Crime Statistics (AR) - CityRating.com

Pine Bluff sucks the shit out of Portland Maine's ass:

Portland Crime Statistics (ME) - CityRating.com

Forcible Rape is pretty high. I'm guessing this is caused by boredom during the Winter months. I'm surprised Maine provides crime statistics for farm animals.

You are right. If you go to Portland, more than likely you will be the victim of forceible rape.

But if you go to Pine Bluff, your badly beaten and charred body will be found murdered in your ransacked and burnt down house...with your car nowhere to be found.

Since the OP already knows my opinion, as stated in his OP, perhaps he can tell me what three states I believe to be the safest also.

Then again, if I was to respond, I would be smart enough to research the safest states - depending on how one defines 'safe'.

I feel pretty safe here in Colorado. Yeah there is crime, there will be in any city, but not really that bad. A shooting downtown may occur here and there but it tends to be tougth guys acting tough with other tough guys, something I don't do so likely don't have to worry about getting shot over it.

FAct is small towns are generally free or very low on crime for a reason, there is no anonymity like there is in larger cities. YOu can't get away with wronging someone else cause everyobdy would know. In big cities, its a lot different

Which state is the city of Colorado in?

I feel pretty safe here in Colorado. Yeah there is crime, there will be in any city, but not really that bad. A shooting downtown may occur here and there but it tends to be tougth guys acting tough with other tough guys, something I don't do so likely don't have to worry about getting shot over it.

FAct is small towns are generally free or very low on crime for a reason, there is no anonymity like there is in larger cities. YOu can't get away with wronging someone else cause everyobdy would know. In big cities, its a lot different

where did you go to school to learn how to read you dumb C. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Here, try again, this is the title of the thread

The safest place to live is my house. I believe the term "safest place to live" is subjective. I don't think any one state is any safer than another.

Of course the fact that Texas is #14 on the most dangerous chart might have something to do with that :p

The safest city is Sugarland, Texas is number 1

Safest neighborhood coming in at number 4 is:

City: Houston, Texas
Safest Neighborhood: (Route 6 / Westheimer Rd.)
Crime Index: 97
Chance of Becoming a Victim Here (In One Year): 1 in 833

City crime rankings by population

Safest Cities Nationwide - Top 20 in 2010

America's Safest City Neighborhoods - WalletPop

The safest place to live is my house. I believe the term "safest place to live" is subjective. I don't think any one state is any safer than another.

Of course the fact that Texas is #14 on the most dangerous chart might have something to do with that :p

Well then you must have some pretty nasty other areas balancing out the equation to be ranked at #14.

And you know I'm just saying this to get your goat, right?

And, woah, New York City is the #5 safest among large (over 500,000 pop.) cities!

Nice!

I wouldn't live in California on a bet! Earthquakes, brush fires, mudslides and power crazed L.A. cops? No gracias!

Gulf coast and the hurricanes and flooding? See ya!

East coast cities with the crime rate and cost of living they endure? Why bother?

I live on the north bank of the Ohio River where we don't worry about drought. Only those living within a few feet of the river bank are susceptible to that. Wild fires? Mud slides? Earthquakes? Things we see on the news, but never right here.

We get four glorious seasons. We have beautiful scenery around all the rolling hills and ravines. We have no immigrant problem as there are just enough jobs for us and none to spare.

You're just saying that because there are no black people in Maine. :lol:

all of new england....not just maine....though maine could be 1% african american, massachusetts could be about 3% as my best guess....maybe 2 or 1% in vermont as well as Rhode island, connecticut might have 4% or so.

if i were to give my best guess....we have about 2% native american, 1% black, hispanic, and other...french canadian, and 97% caucasian....

i think it must be toooooooo cold up here for hispanics and african americans! Shoot, it is too cold up here for most people in the south.

I don't know how you do it. It was 65 degrees this morning and I had a light jacket on. I bet guns won't fire in Maine during the winter because it's too cold. :lol:

Here's a real safe city in Arkansas just south of Little Rock. :thup:

Pine Bluff Crime Statistics (AR) - CityRating.com

I don't care what is causing it, but Global Warming did us WONDERS this winter and this Spring, another day in the 70's! FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE for us up here this time of the year! Where I am, which is downeast/midstate right next to Acadia National Park...we hardly got any snow this year...D.C. got more snow than us!

This has been the greatest winter yet and it is over already, which is a darn miracle...and we are actually having some Spring weather, another darn miracle!

We are LOVING it!

And, woah, New York City is the #5 safest among large (over 500,000 pop.) cities!

Nice!

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!. He did a great job as NYC mayor cleaning up the city, as much as he pissed a ton of people off, he got results

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!. He did a great job as NYC mayor cleaning up the city, as much as he pissed a ton of people off, he got results

And Bloomberg continued the tradition. The crime rate has continued to drop.

Though I think there are other forces at work, not just the Mayors' cleanups.

Last edited:
I don't care what is causing it, but Global Warming did us WONDERS this winter and this Spring, another day in the 70's! FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE for us up here this time of the year! Where I am, which is downeast/midstate right next to Acadia National Park...we hardly got any snow this year...D.C. got more snow than us!

We were in the "El Nino" weather pattern this winter. THAT was the reason for the crazy weather. They had already forecast it last year. Not that I'm saying that there isn't global warming.

Well then you must have some pretty nasty other areas balancing out the equation to be ranked at #14.

And you know I'm just saying this to get your goat, right?

I'm not worried even if I had a goat, I doubt you could get it. I have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks that don't like strangers.

NYC is pretty safe. I've never had a problem here. (Knock on wood.) It's more people being hit by cars than anything else - A LOT of people get hit trying to cross the street. Also, it's a 24 hour city with people milling around constantly, hence there aren't many dark, deserted places to commit crimes.

where did you go to school to learn how to read you dumb C. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Here, try again, this is the title of the thread

Read your post. You mention Colorado, then talk about crime in any city.

Why? To play into some dumbass poll results you think you're going to nail the right with?

Try to not be so transparent.

what is the fuck wrong with people? i am trying to understand the state he wanted... i wanted to see what peopel thought that is all.

If you don't like don't replay to the thread genius. this immature attack and elementary insults are childish at best grow the hell up.

and he's the board administrator, what a great example to set for the board

Do i care nope...

I was pretty close. Interesting notes, the top 10 are primarily made up of white people, less populated, rural states, that don't have illegal immigration problems. Also note NO Southern border states made the list!

Safest States - WalletPop
(1) NH
(2) VT
(3) ME
(4) ND
(5) SD
(6) MT
(7) WY
(8) IW
(9) RI
(10) CT

(11) ID
(12) WV
(13) WS
(14) VA
(15) NY
(16) NJ
(17) UT
(18) MN
(19) NB
(20) OR

he might join the taliban.. my my.. and our troops are over there for what reason persactly??? :lol:

Grow up. You take firearms away form law-abiding citizens you think criminals are going to turn their guns in? The fallacy to your lame argument is you just disarmed the honest people while those who already illegally own firearms still will, they just KNOW you disarmed the honest people.

Please ... do criminals a favor ...:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back