What top three states in usa are the safest

No. 15: New York

Improving four spots from 2008, New York has one of the lowest rates of rape in the country.

Rankings in Crime (out of 50 states)
(1 = Worst, 50 = Best)
Assault: 24
Burglary: 48
Murder: 28
Motor Vehicle Theft: 45
Rape: 49
Robbery: 10

I call fuckin' shenanigans. How can a state in the bottom of those three crimes rate #15 out of 50? You even average out the stats and it comes out to #34.

Hey, that's a good point.

And New York is a real safe place, I can tell you first hand, despite what you see on prime time crime dramas.

I know I live in New England because it IS the safest region in the united states....most all of the states in new england are considered the safest in the nation or at least in the top 10 safest states...

Massachusetts may not be in the top 10 due to the crime in Boston and Worcester, their 2 big cities....but the small town I lived in massachusetts for a few years, had virtually no crime.

granted, it took a lot for this girl to get used to everyone owning multiple guns up here....mainly because in many areas, there are no police on duty after 7pm,,,same in vermont...i have friends there....free as a bird in vermont, in many ways....lovely state too!

i think snowy states have less crime because criminals have to be real dumb asses to think the snow trail they make won't lead to them....

so virtually no crime at all during the winter months....

this must lower the yearly crime rate stats....if we look at this fairly, we should probably view, summer to summer crime stats, per state.

My state is one of the SAFEST states to live in, Maine.

You're just saying that because there are no black people in Maine. :lol:

all of new england....not just maine....though maine could be 1% african american, massachusetts could be about 3% as my best guess....maybe 2 or 1% in vermont as well as Rhode island, connecticut might have 4% or so.

if i were to give my best guess....we have about 2% native american, 1% black, hispanic, and other...french canadian, and 97% caucasian....

i think it must be toooooooo cold up here for hispanics and african americans! Shoot, it is too cold up here for most people in the south.

Id love to know the criteria that's being used. Are we looking at crime? All or just violent crime? Natural disasters? Accidents? Etc

I just dont know what we are looking at so making a determination would be difficult.

all of new england....not just maine....though maine could be 1% african american, massachusetts could be about 3% as my best guess....maybe 2 or 1% in vermont as well as Rhode island, connecticut might have 4% or so.

if i were to give my best guess....we have about 2% native american, 1% black, hispanic, and other...french canadian, and 97% caucasian....

i think it must be toooooooo cold up here for hispanics and african americans! Shoot, it is too cold up here for most people in the south.

I don't know how you do it. It was 65 degrees this morning and I had a light jacket on. I bet guns won't fire in Maine during the winter because it's too cold. :lol:

Here's a real safe city in Arkansas just south of Little Rock. :thup:

Pine Bluff Crime Statistics (AR) - CityRating.com

I feel pretty safe here in Colorado. Yeah there is crime, there will be in any city, but not really that bad. A shooting downtown may occur here and there but it tends to be tougth guys acting tough with other tough guys, something I don't do so likely don't have to worry about getting shot over it.

FAct is small towns are generally free or very low on crime for a reason, there is no anonymity like there is in larger cities. YOu can't get away with wronging someone else cause everyobdy would know. In big cities, its a lot different

Last edited:
Id love to know the criteria that's being used. Are we looking at crime? All or just violent crime? Natural disasters? Accidents? Etc

I just dont know what we are looking at so making a determination would be difficult.

The criteria is the number of lava related deaths.

I don't know how you do it. It was 65 degrees this morning and I had a light jacket on. I bet guns won't fire in Maine during the winter because it's too cold. :lol:

Pine Bluff sucks the shit out of Portland Maine's ass:

Portland Crime Statistics (ME) - CityRating.com

Overt racism aside, though I'm relatively sure you were speaking tongue-in-cheek, lol:

Alaska has no black people, and is the coldest state around, but they're the 7th most dangerous state. Just saying...

I would say, new hampshire and vermont and maybe even massachusetts are some of the safest states

1, 2 .. mass is not one of the safest i am surprise with new york being 16. i think i am a bit surprise on the rape in nh though.

"Safest" as defined how?

Florida is a best bet for being safe from dying of hypothermia, while North Dakota is a best bet if you want to avoid being attacked by an alligator.

safe for murder, rape, assault, stealing cars..

The three with the most lenient gun laws.

why don't you answer with the state name... this the reason for thread....

because he doesn't have to answer the way YOU want him to, fuckstain.

than i can't or won't know his true answers the only reason i ask it.... so i know what state he means. i am not a smart as you... that why i ask.. i didn't tell me to do it... i just ask people to list top three s tates. he fail to follow the thread instruction not my fault.

I would say, new hampshire and vermont and maybe even massachusetts are some of the safest states

Maine?

No way. The mosquito's are the size of V2 rockets. Definitely not safe.

Maine is a safe place to live...

I know I live in New England because it IS the safest region in the united states....most all of the states in new england are considered the safest in the nation or at least in the top 10 safest states...

Massachusetts may not be in the top 10 due to the crime in Boston and Worcester, their 2 big cities....but the small town I lived in massachusetts for a few years, had virtually no crime.
mass is not even in the top 20.. but at same time there not listed in the top 15 of the worst states. so there in the middle.

Why? To play into some dumbass poll results you think you're going to nail the right with?

Try to not be so transparent.

what is the fuck wrong with people? i am trying to understand the state he wanted... i wanted to see what peopel thought that is all.

If you don't like don't replay to the thread genius. this immature attack and elementary insults are childish at best grow the hell up.

In your opinion i already know the real answers... so i can't give my answer...

in list your top three worst and most dangers states as well.

The safest place to live is my house. I believe the term "safest place to live" is subjective. I don't think any one state is any safer than another.

The safest place to live is my house. I believe the term "safest place to live" is subjective. I don't think any one state is any safer than another.

Of course the fact that Texas is #14 on the most dangerous chart might have something to do with that :p

Pine Bluff sucks the shit out of Portland Maine's ass:

Portland Crime Statistics (ME) - CityRating.com

Forcible Rape is pretty high. I'm guessing this is caused by boredom during the Winter months. I'm surprised Maine provides crime statistics for farm animals.

Why? To play into some dumbass poll results you think you're going to nail the right with?

Try to not be so transparent.

what is the fuck wrong with people? i am trying to understand the state he wanted... i wanted to see what peopel thought that is all.

If you don't like don't replay to the thread genius. this immature attack and elementary insults are childish at best grow the hell up.

and he's the board administrator, what a great example to set for the board

Forum List

Back