What the TEA Parties Want...

Everything needs to be placed into context

What did we pay then....what do we pay now?
What did we receive then....what do we receive now?
Here, let's get sequential for you: Do you agree that we need to balance the budget?

Baby steps.

Bill Clinton balanced the budget.......No other administration in 75 years has managed the feat.

Did the country collapse each time we didn't have a balanced budget? No we continued with periods of economic boom and bust

Balancing the budget is a noble goal. However, there are many reasons you don't want a balanced budget. War comes to mind. Stemming an impending economic collapse also seems like a valid reason

Do you agree that we need to balance the budget?

Everything needs to be placed into context

What did we pay then....what do we pay now?
What did we receive then....what do we receive now?
Here, let's get sequential for you: Do you agree that we need to balance the budget?

Baby steps.

Bill Clinton balanced the budget.......No other administration in 75 years has managed the feat.

Did the country collapse each time we didn't have a balanced budget? No we continued with periods of economic boom and bust

Balancing the budget is a noble goal. However, there are many reasons you don't want a balanced budget. War comes to mind. Stemming an impending economic collapse also seems like a valid reason

War and Stemming Economic Collapse could.....and hold onto your socks, 'cause this might hurt:

Justify Saving a Budget Surplus

:eek:

Odd. How can these people speak for the tea party when Xeno has been bitching at me for months that there are no tea party leaders?

Last edited:

Baby steps.

Nice if we could do it....but like I showed, the world as we know it will not collapse if we don't.

Maybe if we elected another Clinton

Baby steps.

War and Stemming Economic Collapse could.....and hold onto your socks, 'cause this might hurt:

How about we raise taxes to pay for your surplus??

Does it make sense to you to conduct two wars and pay for them with a $2.5trillion Tax Cut?

It does to the Conservatives

Nice if we could do it....but like I showed, the world as we know it will not collapse if we don't.

So, Obama's not up to it huh?

Is it because he's black?

Does it make sense to you to conduct two wars and pay for them with a $2.5trillion Tax Cut?

How about we reduce spending?

I'll tell you what, let's not even touch taxes.

The Feds can keep the very same tax code hey have now.

How about we reduce spending?

I'll tell you what, let's not even touch taxes.

The Feds can keep the very same tax code they have now.

Thank you. And this is why we do not need those specifics. I think balancing the budget is a priority. You don't. The specifics of the goal don't matter. We are divided on simply the goal. That's fine, as few can expect all to agree. But, the Tea Party makes this a goal that is a priority.

[................... Huge savings, .................

Like what, eh? Lets be specific- proram/service branch/ $ you expect to save. The wasteage you imagine just ain't there. Ya wanna cut military costs its going to be pretty much proportional to headcount reductions and war count reductions.

All seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Contract FROM America

1 Protect the Constitution

2 Reject Cap & Trade

3 Demand a Balanced Budget

4 Enact Fundamental Tax Reform

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

6 End Runaway Government Spending

7 Defund, Repeal & Replace Government-run Health Care

8 Pass an 'All of the Above' Energy Policy

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

This is the only post I have read in this thread so far (I'll be reading more after I ask this question) but can you tell me, if this is true, then why does it seem that Tea Partiers seem to be advocating we vote for Republicans? I don't see any of these items as being Republican Party ideals. They may pay lip service to these items, but none of them work towards those ideals.

Immie

Like what, eh? Lets be specific- proram/service branch/ $ you expect to save. The wasteage you imagine just ain't there. Ya wanna cut military costs its going to be pretty much proportional to headcount reductions and war count reductions.

Look, little man.... I am not here to go through the defense budge item by item with you to decide where we should cut. Suffice to say, if you clamp down on the spiraling costs that the private sector incur in development, cut fraud and waste.... you'll find more than 5%. Treat it like any business would treat its budget. If we ran government like a business - with accountability for expenditure, we would soon get control over it. The major problem with government and public sector is that they view taxpayers as a bottomless pit of cash. Because they don't need to 'make a profit' they don't care what they spend or whether the money actually achieves anything.... They spend it because they can.

Well, the TEA Parties say 'enough is enough'. I agree. Enough is enough. Obama has taken the mess that Bush left and made it 100% worse. I don't blame Obama, I don't blame Bush. I blame us - 'we, the People' sat back and let them pillage our nation. Shame on us.

All seem perfectly reasonable to me.

Contract FROM America

1 Protect the Constitution

2 Reject Cap & Trade

3 Demand a Balanced Budget

4 Enact Fundamental Tax Reform

5 Restore Fiscal Responsibility & Constitutionally Limited Government in Washington

6 End Runaway Government Spending

7 Defund, Repeal & Replace Government-run Health Care

8 Pass an 'All of the Above' Energy Policy

9 Stop the Pork

10 Stop the Tax Hikes

Not too bad. However....

1. EVERYONE wants to protect the Constitution and the TP has not proven anything is un-constitutional

2. I see nothing about Social Security, Medicare or the Bush Prescription Drug plan....all of which represent a significant portion of our national debt. Is this just a case of "cut other peoples entitlements and don't touch mine"??

3. If you scream about a balanced budget why object to repealing the Bush tax cuts that added $2.5 trillion to national debt. Isn't a balanced budget balancing what you take in and what you spend?

4. The TP needs to be specific about what runaway government spending they want ended. Social Security, Defense, Medicare, Veterans benefits....are they on the table? or only programs that help poor people?

THIS is the problem with the "movement". There are no specifics because they are so fractured, you cannot pin them down on the "how" part. They all agree they want less government spending. However, get 10 of them in a room together and ask "how" and you would probably end up with 10 different answers.

Only 10 (answers)? ;)

Immie

Odd. How can these people speak for the tea party when Xeno has been bitching at me for months that there are no tea party leaders?

Oh, bless your little dumb ass. The TEA Party members voted for the priorities. The original priorities list was from members and the members voted on the priority of the top 10. Do try to find out facts before asking stupid questions.

Are we still dancing around the need to cut the Federal budget by complaining that we just don't know where to begin?

For christssakes, I imagine you'd starve to death inside a grocery store because you couldn't figure out what to eat first.

:rolleyes:

...for christ sakes, caliphony girl, admit it:..most of these stooooopid tea-baggers are republican cheerleaders who will soon be suckling for stinking big government phonies like willard milton romney and farah palin..

..quit pretending this is some spontaneous independent movement...these are half-retarded republican cheerleaders who moan about 'big government obomba' as they/you suck for truly big government republiclown icons like stinking ronald reagan..

...stfu, you dimwitted republican cheerleaders..

...the rest of you, have a nice night..

Last edited:
:rolleyes:

...for christ sakes, caliphony girl, admit it:..most of these stooooopid tea-baggers are republican cheerleaders who will soon be suckling for stinking big government phonies like willard milton romney and farah palin..

..quit pretending this is some spontaneous independent movement...these are half-retarded republican cheerleaders who moan about 'big government obomba' as they/you suck for truly big government republiclown icons like stinking ronald reagan..

...stfu, you dimwitted republican cheerleaders..

...the rest of you, have a nice night..

There really is nothing that could possible added to this. NIcely done.

Forum List

Back