What the hell takes $18 MILLION to build and maintain a website?

18 MILLION freaking dollars to re-vamp and maintain recovery.gov so we can all see where the "stimulus" money is going? I just heard this on NPR, are they freaking kidding us? Fox News just had this on as well.

What the fuck takes 18 MILLION dollars to run a website?

:cuckoo:

The "stimulus" money isn't going anywhere so why do we need a website?

18 MILLION freaking dollars to re-vamp and maintain recovery.gov so we can all see where the "stimulus" money is going? I just heard this on NPR, are they freaking kidding us? Fox News just had this on as well.

The "stimulus" money isn't going anywhere so why do we need a website?
I don't know.... Let's see.... To LIE about it? They should have made it goebbels.org.

i can't answer without more information and i don't give knee jerk responses about stuff like that
Here was your kneejerk response, paraphrased, of course:

"We know we cannot intelligently defend this, so first we will believe you're making it all up. When you show us you are not, then we will pretend you didn't show us. After that embarrassment, then we will still attempt to defend this nonsense because we are hopelessly devoted to Obama and are mindless little cult followers. We will do anything other than address the topic, and will instead dissemble, deflect, blame Booooosh and otherwise simply troll. Because we have learned from The Obama that since we cannot dazzle with brilliance, we will try to baffle with bullshit."

OK, silly asshole, are we talking just about a website, or are we talking about the technology to handle the website. Such things as servors and the housing of them? And the security for the whole ball of wax.

That you do not like President Obama is evident. That you will seize on anything that you can, whether justified or not, to discredit him is also evident. Without full information, I would not trust a damned thing you post.

So while 3 mill per year is kind of spendy, it is probably in line with most government projects.

which was all i was asking.

thanks.
But..... But..... But....

There was supposed to be change. Why is it okay that there's not? Shouldn't Obama be able to do better than those of the past? Why is the bar so low?

There is and will be more change. That is really what has your tail in a knot. :lol:

MM, when I was in my mid twenties, I worked for a company that made click type torque wrenches for different private companies along with making them for the government. All the wrenches for the private companies were made with strict tolerance ranges. With the government we basically threw them together and made sure that they did click properly, tolerance ranges were not that important, and jacked up the price on them to about triple of what we charged the private sector. I guess some things just don't change.

Now that is just the morality that I would expect from you.

MM, when I was in my mid twenties, I worked for a company that made click type torque wrenches for different private companies along with making them for the government. All the wrenches for the private companies were made with strict tolerance ranges. With the government we basically threw them together and made sure that they did click properly, tolerance ranges were not that important, and jacked up the price on them to about triple of what we charged the private sector. I guess some things just don't change.

Now that is just the morality that I would expect from you.

You act like it was my business, Dumb Shit. It wasn't my call on the orders, we did what we were told.
You being the morality monitor is really rich.

Last edited:
which was all i was asking.

thanks.
But..... But..... But....

There was supposed to be change. Why is it okay that there's not? Shouldn't Obama be able to do better than those of the past? Why is the bar so low?

There is and will be more change. That is really what has your tail in a knot. :lol:

There could be "more change," seems there is a chink in Barry's armor. The Independants are starting to pull away. It just might put a knot in your tail. :razz:

Morons in DC don't know the value of things ... :eusa_whistle:

Hell, I could do it with a secure private server, out of the box, for a total of about 5K ... plus another 30K a year for my pay to maintain it ...

Hell, I could do it with a secure private server, out of the box, for a total of about 5K ... plus another 30K a year for my pay to maintain it ...
How about the content issue? How many folks to add content?

And what scale are we talking about in terms of hits for 30 k?

And what about security issues?

And isn't 30 k kind of low for this service? Maybe 50K for a full time admin?

Wouldn't you need parallel servers and extra capacity for a site with large numbers of hits and DOS attacks on a regular basis?

Earlier i was tossing around some ignorant numbers. I am assuming they would have a large staff for making and finding content. The actual site would probably just be a mysql data base and some php code, but the content might be huge.

I am not challenging you, I truly want to know, what you, as the expert, have to say about those issues. Wild ass guessing is kind of silly.

shhhhh
put in a bid for a million
you would save them 2 mil and still make a killing
:eusa_whistle:

How about the content issue? How many folks to add content?

And what scale are we talking about in terms of hits for 30 k?

And what about security issues?

And isn't 30 k kind of low for this service? Maybe 50K for a full time admin?

Wouldn't you need parallel servers and extra capacity for a site with large numbers of hits and DOS attacks on a regular basis?

Earlier i was tossing around some ignorant numbers. I am assuming they would have a large staff for making and finding content. The actual site would probably just be a mysql data base and some php code, but the content might be huge.

I am not challenging you, I truly want to know, what you, as the expert, have to say about those issues. Wild ass guessing is kind of silly.
DDoS attacks are kiddie stuff

I saw this last night on the news.

$18 million to revamp a website is pretty fuggin' ridiculous.

I'm not surprized for we have nothing but idiots in washington. I just know that a high school kid can do better than what we have now.

Joe Biden will be sure to tell us 6 months down the road how 'we miscalculated the costs of a website, but then again so did everyone else!' :lol:

I'm sure they will count this as creating 30 thousand jobs some how too. LOL

hold up....me and mm have this under control....we are gonna offer to do this website for 1/2....9 million....i think between the two of us ...we can do it....so write congress and all...that bones and midnight...can do it for 1/2

Still too much, unless you are Obama, who calls spending way to much a 'savings' if its less then he really wants to spend.

Its like when he saved 500,000 jobs when 1,500,000 lost their job, it just doesn't make sense.

Forum List

Back