What the hell takes $18 MILLION to build and maintain a website?

A perfect example of how this admin is clueless and wasteful, they have set aside 18 MILLION DOLLARS to 'revamp' their web site on the stimulous! :lol:

$18M Being Spent to Redesign Recovery.gov Web Site - The Note

We may never recover from this dickhead and his rampent spending.

you're kidding, right? you want to talk about "rampant spending", let's talk about the unnecessary debt run up on an unnnecessary war of choice while cutting tax for the top 1% of wageearners.... or shoudl we talk about how much Haliburton and Blackwater were overpaid to do the same work our military was perfectly capable of... lots more than 18 mil, wouldn't you say? or even the 1 million for the study on "does prayer work"... where was the "fiscal responsibility" then?

in any event, we talked about this yesterday... since MM beat you to the "issue"....

it's 3 million dollars a year. and as i said YESTERDAY we don't know what standard costs are for such a government website... doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

But if it makes you feel better to get the faux outrage going.....
Sorry Jill, this may be the dumbest post I have ever seen.

You are defending spending THREE MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR on a website I could maintain for $100 bucks a year. :lol:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wait a minute...

While I certainly find it incredible that they pissed away $18 mil on that site, there's not a chance in hell that anyone could develop it, publish it and keep it on line for $100 a year.

didnt republicans vote for the stimulus...not all of them but a few of them?

Three R senators did but they asked for concessions.
They didn't need their votes. Just like they didn't need any of them in the House, and didn't get any there.

There were Democrats in the senate who were making noises like they might not vote for it because they were up for re-election in 2010. We did need the 3.

I'd be really happy if you folks did not attack my friends Sarah and Jillian.

I don't agree with them, but I do not enjoy seeing people make fun of them, so please don't, at least not in my thread.
No one's being attacked.

The tired old, regurgitated talking points they post, are.

They didn't need their votes. Just like they didn't need any of them in the House, and didn't get any there.

There were Democrats in the senate who were making noises like they might not vote for it because they were up for re-election in 2010. We did need the 3.
You did NOT need the three. The bill passed the Senate overwhelmingly.

But once again we see, Obama doesn't need ANY Repugs' support, or votes for that matter. So there is NO "republican obstruction."

That talking point needs to go into the dustbin.

And here we are again, with "Mom, the other kid did it too!"

And since you fled the other thread, you don't know that it's actually 4.5 million a year, which all now seem to agree is a ridiculous number. Those with any web knowledge whatsoever that is. And those who are not one of the Obamacult members.

Joe Biden is the fool in charge of this. This site is the one that, back in February, he said he "couldn't remember the number to." Well, that sort of tells you the problem doesn't it.

Fair minded people are asking, where does this money go? To whom? Have they hired consultants, a private contractor? Because see, it's very difficult to see needing 18 freakin MILLION dollars for a website. That is one hell of alot of taxpayer dollars for something that's not that difficult or expensive to do.

So much for "change."

you can say that, although i think it's beneath you intellectually. I didn't say "the other guy did it too" I said you whiners are full of bull... if you were concerned about the cost, you'd tell us what the appropriate cost is for similar related services. Then if the cost were too high, I would suggest looking at where cost-cutting is appropriate. I'm also saying none of you cared about the cost of ANYTHING (and I mean the things that cost REAL MONEY and collapsed our economy ... not pennies in regard to our budget) for eight years? And you wake the heck up over 3 million a year spent on a program that's supposed to give you something else you've been whining for... transparency about where the stimulus money goes.

So let's evaluate who's playing games here?

And here we are again, with "Mom, the other kid did it too!"

And since you fled the other thread, you don't know that it's actually 4.5 million a year, which all now seem to agree is a ridiculous number. Those with any web knowledge whatsoever that is. And those who are not one of the Obamacult members.

Joe Biden is the fool in charge of this. This site is the one that, back in February, he said he "couldn't remember the number to." Well, that sort of tells you the problem doesn't it.

Fair minded people are asking, where does this money go? To whom? Have they hired consultants, a private contractor? Because see, it's very difficult to see needing 18 freakin MILLION dollars for a website. That is one hell of alot of taxpayer dollars for something that's not that difficult or expensive to do.

So much for "change."

you can say that, although i think it's beneath you intellectually. I didn't say "the other guy did it too" I said you whiners are full of bull... if you were concerned about the cost, you'd tell us what the appropriate cost is for similar related services.
That's been done, in both threads.
I'm also saying none of you cared about the cost of ANYTHING (and I mean the things that cost REAL MONEY and collapsed our economy ... not pennies in regard to our budget) for eight years?
You would be wrong if you said that.

And here you go again, with the "last 8 years" mantra, which IS "Mom, the other guy did it too."

Where's the change we were promised?

So what these Senator's were saying is they didn't think they would be re-elected if they voted for it... If they weren't up for a 2010 election they would've said screw the people and voted for it... That's Washington for you.

NONE did. Not one.

except for bailing out rich bankers for their repub pres.... they did need the dems to help, though.
And which, the Dems didn't need any Repug votes for that either!

you're probably right... but they had at least some. and the repubs didn't filibuster...

i do seem to recall john mccain self-sabotaging his campaign though... maybe he didn't want to work with sarah either, because he was ahead til then.

except for bailing out rich bankers for their repub pres.... they did need the dems to help, though.
And which, the Dems didn't need any Repug votes for that either!

you're probably right... but they had at least some. and the repubs didn't filibuster...

i do seem to recall john mccain self-sabotaging his campaign though... maybe he didn't want to work with sarah either, because he was ahead til then.
On that you are exactly right. McCain lost almost ALL indy support when he "suspended" his campaign to deal with "the crisis" then just went right along with the stupid shit.

But once again we see, Obama doesn't need ANY Repugs' support, or votes for that matter. So there is NO "republican obstruction."

Geezus...

GOP centrists give Obama a majority – barely | csmonitor.com

Geezus...

GOP centrists give Obama a majority – barely | csmonitor.com
Not only is that article old, it's wrong. Do the math.

Get it through your head: There is NO "republican obstruction." That's a blame shifting talking point.

Forum List

Back