What the hell takes $18 MILLION to build and maintain a website?

A perfect example of how this admin is clueless and wasteful, they have set aside 18 MILLION DOLLARS to 'revamp' their web site on the stimulous! :lol:

$18M Being Spent to Redesign Recovery.gov Web Site - The Note

We may never recover from this dickhead and his rampent spending.

you're kidding, right? you want to talk about "rampant spending", let's talk about the unnecessary debt run up on an unnnecessary war of choice while cutting tax for the top 1% of wageearners.... or shoudl we talk about how much Haliburton and Blackwater were overpaid to do the same work our military was perfectly capable of... lots more than 18 mil, wouldn't you say? or even the 1 million for the study on "does prayer work"... where was the "fiscal responsibility" then?

in any event, we talked about this yesterday... since MM beat you to the "issue"....

it's 3 million dollars a year. and as i said YESTERDAY we don't know what standard costs are for such a government website... doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

But if it makes you feel better to get the faux outrage going.....

18 MILLION freaking dollars to re-vamp and maintain recovery.gov so we can all see where the "stimulus" money is going? I just heard this on NPR, are they freaking kidding us? Fox News just had this on as well.

What the fuck takes 18 MILLION dollars to run a website?

:cuckoo:

Morons in DC don't know the value of things ... :eusa_whistle:

Hell, I could do it with a secure private server, out of the box, for a total of about 5K ... plus another 30K a year for my pay to maintain it ...
How about the content issue? How many folks to add content?

And what scale are we talking about in terms of hits for 30 k?

And what about security issues?

And isn't 30 k kind of low for this service? Maybe 50K for a full time admin?

Wouldn't you need parallel servers and extra capacity for a site with large numbers of hits and DOS attacks on a regular basis?

Earlier i was tossing around some ignorant numbers. I am assuming they would have a large staff for making and finding content. The actual site would probably just be a mysql data base and some php code, but the content might be huge.

I am not challenging you, I truly want to know, what you, as the expert, have to say about those issues. Wild ass guessing is kind of silly.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/1328188-post37.html
That you do not like President Obama is evident. That you will seize on anything that you can, whether justified or not, to discredit him is also evident. Without full information, I would not trust a damned thing you post.
BIDEN is the one in charge of this boondoggle. He said he didn't "remember the number" to this site. But it's good to see the normal Obamaphile idiots are still as thin-skinned and defensive as their David Koresh-like cult leader!

Adults with knowledge of building and maintaining web sites are discussing this. Try reading the thread. Of course, I'd already paraphrased what twits such as yourself would say, and then you quoted that and did it!:

"We know we cannot intelligently defend this, so first we will believe you're making it all up. When you show us you are not, then we will pretend you didn't show us. After that embarrassment, then we will still attempt to defend this nonsense because we are hopelessly devoted to Obama and are mindless little cult followers. We will do anything other than address the topic, and will instead dissemble, deflect, blame Booooosh and otherwise simply troll. Because we have learned from The Obama that since we cannot dazzle with brilliance, we will try to baffle with bullshit."

You're a classic example!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A perfect example of how this admin is clueless and wasteful, they have set aside 18 MILLION DOLLARS to 'revamp' their web site on the stimulous! :lol:

you're kidding, right? you want to talk about "rampant spending", let's talk about the unnecessary debt run up on an unnnecessary war of choice while cutting tax for the top 1% of wageearners.... or shoudl we talk about how much Haliburton and Blackwater were overpaid to do the same work our military was perfectly capable of... lots more than 18 mil, wouldn't you say? or even the 1 million for the study on "does prayer work"... where was the "fiscal responsibility" then?

in any event, we talked about this yesterday... since MM beat you to the "issue"....

it's 3 million dollars a year. and as i said YESTERDAY we don't know what standard costs are for such a government website... doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me.

And here we are again, with "Mom, the other kid did it too!"

And since you fled the other thread, you don't know that it's actually 4.5 million a year, which all now seem to agree is a ridiculous number. Those with any web knowledge whatsoever that is. And those who are not one of the Obamacult members.

Joe Biden is the fool in charge of this. This site is the one that, back in February, he said he "couldn't remember the number to." Well, that sort of tells you the problem doesn't it.

Fair minded people are asking, where does this money go? To whom? Have they hired consultants, a private contractor? Because see, it's very difficult to see needing 18 freakin MILLION dollars for a website. That is one hell of alot of taxpayer dollars for something that's not that difficult or expensive to do.

So much for "change."

Sorry Jill, this may be the dumbest post I have ever seen.

You are defending spending THREE MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR on a website I could maintain for $100 bucks a year. :lol:

You should be ashamed of yourself.

There is probably advertising involved as well. We're not getting any info from this blog other than some random number so the outrage is faux. I'm sure this is all over the internet by now, it will likely be addressed.

Obama does answer some of these questions but only once.

There is probably advertising involved as well. We're not getting any info from this blog other than some random number so the outrage is faux. I'm sure this is all over the internet by now, it will likely be addressed.

I'm surprised at you too Sarah, I assure, my 'outrage' taint 'faux' I really am mad this imbecile is pissing our money away like this.

And you should be too, every penny throw away by this kind of stupid waste could have went to something worthwhile.

okay xen...me and mm are bidding this job...we are low balling at 1/2....i think we can still do it for 2.25 million a year...okay 2 milion but that is our final offer

And not insult the gals, because I really like them BUT....

It's getting REALLY FUCKING OLD claiming anyone who rightfully calls out Obama on his stupid wasteful spending is somehow faking it, the 'faux outrage' line is as valid as the 'bush did it too' line, you sound imbecilic using it.

I'm surprised at you too Sarah, I assure, my 'outrage' taint 'faux' I really am mad this imbecile is pissing our money away like this.

And you should be too, every penny throw away by this kind of stupid waste could have went to something worthwhile.

Well I think that arguing every penny is counterproductive. He's combating Republican obstruction to every policy and that is not serving the people well. He has to keep his policies in front of the American people because he hasn't gotten anywhere extending his hand to the Right in congress. Every single one of them votes no on every issue.

I'm mad at them number one because they allowed us to get into such a mess by neglecting America in favor of foreign policiy that I didn't believe in anyway.

It's going to take some time and money to get America moving forward again.

Well I think that arguing every penny is counterproductive. He's combating Republican obstruction to every policy and that is not serving the people well. He has to keep his policies in front of the American people because he hasn't gotten anywhere extending his hand to the Right in congress. Every single one of them votes no on every issue.

I'm mad at them number one because they allowed us to get into such a mess by neglecting America in favor of foreign policiy that I didn't believe in anyway.

Kiddo, that is just silly talking points.

The Dems have a majority in the house and filibuster proof senate, there is nothing the repubs can block, that is just the old talking point regurgitated.

And you should be concerned about every penny, this attitutde of the endless money pit is why we find ourselves bureid in trillions in debt.

and a good policy maybe ?

now do you think all democrats are just gonna fall in line with anything and everything obama wants....you have conservatives on the democratic side...who are bucking...and then you have indep.s who are not gonna go with the flow...the 60 marigin is not a good thing but its not the sure lock everyones seems to act like its gonna be

now do you think all democrats are just gonna fall in line with anything and everything obama wants....you have conservatives on the democratic side...who are bucking...and then you have indep.s who are not gonna go with the flow...the 60 marigin is not a good thing but its not the sure lock everyones seems to act like its gonna be
They didn't seem to have a problem with the stimulous, which they now say they 'miscalculated.'

The only thing stimulated appears to be Nancy pelosi, and what a frightening thought that is.

He's combating Republican obstruction to every policy
No he's not. They don't need a single Republican vote to do anything they want to do. The stimulus is proof of that -- they passed it without a single Republican voting for it.

I know this messes up your little fantasy world, but the truth often does that.

and a good policy maybe ?

Not necessarily. He has to get his policies accepted though beyond just Democratic votes pushing them simply because they have the numbers.

Forum List

Back