What sport do you regret not doing as a kid ???

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Wrestling

This would have been the perfect sport for me !!
I wish I could go back and do it .
I was a mediocre tennis player as a kid .

I think I would have been ok at wrestling.

Intramural sports are only for me due to many factors including working.
I wish I had the chance to play ''organized sports''. I did get my school coach's attention with my grappling and baseball skills.
I made the soccer team but was cut at the last minute to make way for varsity players from other sports teams.

Slamming another body on a mat , then you must forcefully control it and finally getting that difficult pin position!!

Also a great self defense sport !!!!

Excellent compete body workout

Intramural sports are only for me due to many factors including working.
I wish I had the chance to play ''organized sports''. I did get my school coach's attention with my grappling and baseball skills.
I made the soccer team but was cut at the last minute to make way for varsity players from other sports teams.

Did you wrestle ??

Did you wrestle ??
Intramural only but was in gym class with the varsity team. I was challenged by their lightheavy weight wrestler and even though I weighed 125 I gave him all he could handle coach gave him the win on points. The head coach called me in for a talk to let me know he was impressed. That was a big deal for me.

I begged to go into hockey, but the parents wouldn't put up the cost of equipment.
Did a few years of summer baseball and softball and both I was in the worst team of the city.

I lived the Bad News Bears.

Wrestling

wrestling is not something you want to do as you get older. tennis is. (i am just as mediocre now as i was 50 years ago but it is fun.)

i wish i;d played basketball. much easier to play one on one or 2 on 2 than to field a baseball or softball team.

Jai Alai. I used to go down to Tijuana from San Diego to watch Jai Alai games and bullfights.
Jai Alai was a fast moving game that looked like fun.

Jai Alai. I used to go down to Tijuana from San Diego to watch Jai Alai games and bullfights.

A Jai Alai pelota weighs more than a quarter of a pound and travels at 180mph.

Catching bullets would be a safer sport.

Wrestling

none.

I joined the cross country team when I was in the 6tht grade and have been a runner ever since. It was very much the perfect sport for me. Did cross country and track in middle school and high school. That was almost 50 years ago and I am still doing it, though much slower and not near as far

somebody yelled "fire" in that crowded "fronton" is the arena i think. the fire marshalls report on the tragedy ended with a terse lesson learned

"don't put all your basqes in one exit" aesop and son

(at one time, maybe still, jai alai was played by wiry little guys from the pyranees. ) it does not look like it would be easy to find a pick up game, and not many senior citizens can climb walls with a basket tied on their arm.

maybe try pickle ball?

I played ice hockey in Southern California, my older brother managed an ice rink .. cool times but I wish I’d surfed a lot more.

somebody yelled "fire" in that crowded "fronton" is the arena i think. the fire marshalls report on the tragedy ended with a terse lesson learned

"don't put all your basqes in one exit" aesop and son

(at one time, maybe still, jai alai was played by wiry little guys from the pyranees. ) it does not look like it would be easy to find a pick up game, and not many senior citizens can climb walls with a basket tied on their arm.

maybe try pickle ball?
I would not even dream of learning it now. When I used to park and walk across the Tijuana border to go watch, that was way back in the early 70's.

There used to be a few places down there where you could learn how to play, because there were Jai Alai tournaments happening almost every weekend down there.

The main venue where those games were played burned down and was rebuilt, lasted a few more years then finally closed in the 80's.

I just wished that I had learned it back when the chance to do so was available.

As far as pickleball, my wife plays with some of her girl group fairly regularly.

Tennis, which is my primary sport to play now (I grew up in bowling, peaked at a 180 average)

Been watching little league baseball the last two years and now I kinda wished I was a part of that when I was a kid.

Wrestling

Frisbee. Ultimate Frisbee. i'm good at throwing a frisbee but never joined a team. just threw frisbees for fun.

Forum List

Back