What snacks are you making for the SB?

I've made a few corn tortilla (?taco) lasagnes. They are great if you want to avoid wheat, but not quite as good as a traditional lasagne as the tortilla has a tendency to become a bit soggy.

Maybe I should crush up some hard tortillas and mix them in for some crunch? I'm not trying to avoid anything. I just saw it on TV and thought it looked and sounded delicious!

I might just go to Oakland for some really good wings at a sports bar.
The Raider Nation in Oakland meets at Rickys.

Ricky's Sports Theatre and Grill | 15028 Hesperian Blvd • San Leandro • CA • 94578 • 510.317.0200

Cool, I like the wings at Half Time sports bar though, I thought they were some of the best I've had and they give you a lot. I've never been to Ricky's though, maybe I'll try it
Ricky's is quite a trip.

I guarantee you nobody there will be cheering for NE or come out of there alive if they do.

I've made a few corn tortilla (?taco) lasagnes. They are great if you want to avoid wheat, but not quite as good as a traditional lasagne as the tortilla has a tendency to become a bit soggy.
Who eats real lasagna on Superbowl Sunday ??

Italians ??
Exactly. They eat it on thanksgiving.. It doesn't matter what day it is Italians always eat pasta..

Ricky's Sports Theatre and Grill | 15028 Hesperian Blvd • San Leandro • CA • 94578 • 510.317.0200

Cool, I like the wings at Half Time sports bar though, I thought they were some of the best I've had and they give you a lot. I've never been to Ricky's though, maybe I'll try it
Ricky's is quite a trip.

I guarantee you nobody there will be cheering for NE or come out of there alive if they do.

Cut it out. Nobody would do anything. I know people who have gone to bars in other states with their Pats gear on and also they went to actual games and nothing happened to them. Lol. Most people are nice and respectful in public.

Italians ??

I would have a piece. I love Italian food!
I love guacamole.

I also love salsa.

White tortilla chips are my favorite.

Meat ball hors doeuvres are great too.

Ricky's is quite a trip.

Cut it out. Nobody would do anything. I know people who have gone to bars in other states with their Pats gear on and also they went to actual games and nothing happened to them. Lol. Most people are nice and respectful in public.
You don't know the Raider Nation or Oakland.

Oakland has hated NE since the first time they cheated back in 2002.

Italians ??

I would have a piece. I love Italian food!

The only real cuisine is Italian

I like lots of foods, but Italian is definitely one of my favorites.

Maybe I should crush up some hard tortillas and mix them in for some crunch? I'm not trying to avoid anything. I just saw it on TV and thought it looked and sounded delicious!
I think maybe if you make a drier meat sauce than you would with a regular lasagne it would work out better. You know how you make a lasagne sauce quite liquid cos the lasagne sheets absorb the sauce, well the tacos/tortillas easily become soggy. I need to try it again because the taste is great.

I think maybe if you make a drier meat sauce than you would with a regular lasagne it would work out better. You know how you make a lasagne sauce quite liquid cos the lasagne sheets absorb the sauce, well the tacos/tortillas easily become soggy. I need to try it again because the taste is great.

Maybe I will drain a lot of the sauce off the meat and not add the taco sauce.

Did you cook your tortillas first?

I'm wondering if the tortillas would be soggier cooked or not cooked? I could cook them up for a couple of minutes in a pan before I use them? That might help or hurt with sogginess. Not sure.

Ricky's is quite a trip.

Yeah Oakland is a little rough around the edges. i was at that Half Time sports bar during the GS Warriors vs Cleveland championship series, that was a little wild. Maybe I will try Ricky's this year, I've always heard about it.

Ricky's is quite a trip.

Well, to be fair, I guess it was the Refs fault, not New England But damnit! Woodson got that fumble fair and square, it was a crime.

Ricky's is quite a trip.

Yeah, most people are respectful and as a Raider fan i would definately give your table lots of respect, but you never know, the memory of that lost fumble runs pretty deep. It changes the trajectory of both teams forever. Theres some guys around here who are not quite as understanding after a couple hours of heavy drinking, geeze, i sure wouldnt want to get caught wearing NE colors, I dont know how its like in other states but Oakland is almost like its in some other country or something ... Hey wait a minute o_O :badgrin:

I

I used these and I didn't heat them first:

IMG_2010.JPG

I

I used these and I didn't heat them first:

View attachment 110348
Maybe I'll try heating them up and draining off the meat really well to see if that makes a difference.

Chicken tortilla soup (two kinds of beans,corn,tomatoes,green chili, chicken, spices,garlic) and several add ins on the side like tortilla chips, avacado, sour cream and cheese.

Three different kinds of brownie bites.

Then whatever anyone else brings. :)

Chicken tortilla soup (two kinds of beans,corn,tomatoes,green chili, chicken, spices,garlic) and several add ins on the side like tortilla chips, avacado, sour cream and cheese.

Three different kinds of brownie bites.

Then whatever anyone else brings. :)

watch out for those brownie bites,

upload_2017-2-2_21-1-32.png

Forum List

Back