Double chocolate Coca-Cola cake

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
I made this today. It is so stinking good. I've never made it before, though I've had it at potlucks.

2-2-4-4-1-0_normal.1604082322.jpg

Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake

Well I ate a lot and so did the boy...then we went to chinese for lunch, came back and snoop polished off the rest. not sure how, the.pan is still. on the counter, he must have stood up to eat. Freaking dogs when he dies I am DONE with pets.

LOVE coca-cola cake! It's the best.

I can't believe your dog finished it off...and chocolate is a no no for them.

Well I ate a lot and so did the boy...then we went to chinese for lunch, came back and snoop polished off the rest. not sure how, the.pan is still. on the counter, he must have stood up to eat. Freaking dogs when he dies I am DONE with pets.
When my brother was young and still single, he lived in an apartment and had an Irish Setter. He came home for Thanksgiving, and my mom had cooked a separate turkey breast for him to take when he left. He put it on his kitchen counter and forgot about it??? When he got up the next morning all the turkey had been eaten, including some of the aluminum foil. The dog never had a problem, but my brother said the aluminum foil was recognizable later lol.

LOVE coca-cola cake! It's the best.

I can't believe your dog finished it off...and chocolate is a no no for them.
Yeah in my house they don't get past their first birthday if they're susceptible to chocolate poisoning. I've had many, many dogs and they have all eaten metric tons of chocolate. NOT because I give it to them, either.

My son had a dog (not for long though) that died from it.

It's almost like an allergy or something..

I had an unopened bag of Hershey's kisses and a bag of milky way minis one year...Mylo got them out of the cupboard, ripped open the plastic bags and unwrapped each and every morsel, and ate it. I came home to bag and wrapper carnage, and she didn't leave any for us.

I thought she might die, but she didn't even barf.

The coca cola chocolate cake honestly doesn't have that much chocolate in it. What it has is a HUGE amount of sugar.

There's 12 oz of cola
Plus 2 CUPS of grandulated sugar for the cake (equal to the amount of flour)
Plus 4 CUPS of confectioner's sugar for the icing.

That's a lot of sugar.

Only about 1/4 cup more or less of cocoa powder in both icing and cake.

Forum List

Back